It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 2:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Is NWRO being "advertised"?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:42 pm 

I went to refresh the list of servers under Favourites on my old computer tonight. I found everything I wanted under the deathmatch tab except Nuclear Winter Redeemer Outpost.
I double checked on my new computer, and it still shows up under the Favourites tab, but it did not show under the deathmatch tab on the new rig either. :?: :?:

Post subject: Hmmm...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:39 pm 

You are correct, sir...I just checked, and it doesn't show in my server browser either. I had added a small server-side prog called Player JoinDump to track the IP's of suspect players on NWRO...was helpful in rooting out a few troublemakers playing in stealth mode, but I suspect that maybe it is causing the prob. I just may have to take the server down for a minute or two to find out...not bad...other than the power outage, and a couple of server-flickers I caused myself with map or mutator experimentation, the server has run almost constantly since April or so with barely a hiccup...not a bad track record, I suppose...Geez, Max...maybe I SHOULD write that server bible you were suggesting...now if I can just sweet talk my ISP into increasing my upload speed, I'll be laughing...lol

Bo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:53 pm 

Holy Smokes. Dude it's been up that long? I don't ever recall getting the 9999 except during the blackout. I bow down before your superior server admin skils. :lol: Get writing bud. there is a slot reserved for the bible on the site. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:10 pm 

Stealth mode? You mean invisible? I thought I caught someone that was always invisible the other night, but it was over at Missile Madness. He was using an aimbot too, the loser. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:05 am 
Site Admin

did the aimbot work on an all redeemer server? if so, how?

Post subject: Ahh...found it...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:20 am 

Seems that when I added that program, I inadvertently screwed up a Server Actor line in the .ini that tells the game where to advertise the server...all fixed now...and as promised, only took a minute...as to the "stealth mode", I didn't mean invisible players. I meant regular NWRO players using aliases...just keeping track of who is using them just so they can be nasty and annoying while running incognito. You might be interested to know, that while scanning through the chat logs I discovered that some folks here have been pumping you full of BS about how nasty the {FAH} were to them while playing against them...I mean the "real" {FAH}, not the folks around here that jumped on the bandwagon in order to talk shite to the regular folk while remaining anonymous (at least until they were "outed"). I did find that they were cocky, and moderately annoying, but didn't say anything that you wouldn't want your mother to hear. That is okay by me...if these people want to continue to play on my server, more power to them. If ANYONE really gets out of hand, I will certainly ban them...other than that, the rules are, there are no rules...until then, my server is for ANYONE that wants to play...if you folks don't want to play against clans, pseudo-clans, or regs who like using assumed names to whip your butts anonymously, I suggest that you stick to one of the more rigidly patrolled servers. If you are in it just for some fun, and can take the tomfoolery with a grain of salt, by all means come by and have your butts handed to you by some of my more advanced newer players. Some of those folks are getting to be really good at 'deemers...

BoDacious

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:25 am 

Can a Mac guy using an alias play on your server Bo? Just wanted to clarify before I do. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 8:40 pm 

Mahatma wrote:
did the aimbot work on an all redeemer server? if so, how?

Mah, the normal weapons plus a few others I think are part of the chaos ut mod are available at Missile Madness. The guy was using one of the chaos weapons, firing bursts of rocket bombs that never missed, and would take you out as soon as you spawned. All the while, he was invisible.