It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Unreal Admins, I Need Help!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 2:54 am 

Hey guys, Hermskii asked me to throw this question at ya. I have just recently been unable to connect to Redeemer Insanity and HOH. It sticks on "connecting" and nothing ever happens. I am not having a problem with anyone else's servers, just Hermskii's. When I give up on looking at the stuck "connecting" screen and ESC back to the server list I see my player name listed there as if I am connected?? I did some troubleshooting on my end, cleared cache, reinstalled, but I had the same problem so I did some diggin in my logs and found the following when I attempted to connect. Anybody ever seen an error like this. I know I would appreciate any info you have and I'm sure Hermskii would be interested in knowing what's up as well.

Thanks,
Adam

66.25.24.124:7757/DM-Deck32][?Name=ASS-ASSASSIN?Class=BotPack.TBoss?team=0?s
kin=BossSkins.Boss?Face=BossSkins.Xan?Voice=BotPack.VoiceBoss?OverrideClass=
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
Init: Shut down moving brush tracker for Level DM-Deck32][.MyLevel
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection0 05/22/03 01:14:47
Exit: WinSock shut down
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Log: Garbage: objects: 26407->22975; refs: 315643
Log: Level is Level DM-Deck32][.MyLevel
Log: Bringing Level DM-Deck32][.MyLevel up for play (1171)...
Log: Spawning new actor for Viewport WindowsViewport0
ScriptLog: Team 0
ScriptLog: Login: ASS-ASSASSIN
Log: Possessed PlayerPawn: TBoss Entry.TBoss3
Init: Initialized moving brush tracker for Level DM-Deck32][.MyLevel
DevAudio: Galaxy SetViewport: WindowsViewport0
DevMusic: Unregister music: Music utmenu23.utmenu23
Log: D3D Driver: Preloaded 0K/40567K (1)
:evil: Warning: Received invalid actor class
:evil: Warning: SpawnActor failed because class TriStud has bStatic or bNoDelete
:evil: Warning: Actor not spawned for new channel

Post subject: Another Idea?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:37 am 
Site Admin

I found some info about the error but not a fix. This seemed to be a big problem for MAC users before the MAC 421 patch. I think my server thinks your skin is going to be a all green one so it doesn't connect you. Do you play from a MAC? Another idea I jst had is for you to change your skin to a regular default skin and see if that lets you in. Try different team colors as well but go with a default, no team color, reugular skin. Let us know. Anyone else having probs getting to CG or HOH. Your error also mentions a player class of TriStud. I have no idea what that is but I bet this is the major part of the problem. Be sure to set your player class to something that came with the original game. Thanks!

Hermskii,

Post subject: Still Not Working
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:09 am 

Ok, first of all I'm not a Mac user. What, Do think I am some kinda big friggin loser just cause I'm having problems :lol: Second, everything is completely fresh. There are absolutely, positively no modifications to the original files. There is a reference to that TriStud Class is in the Botpack.u and that Botpack.u is fresh out the 436 update. I have tried every stock character, skin, team, combination there is. I can't keep it any more simple on my end than it already is. If no one else is having a problem, than I am just at a loss for what could be going on. :-x

-ASS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:13 am 
Site Admin

Dear ASS,

Welcome aboard, and glad to hear you are a card-carrying PC user with strange computer problems! You know, if you had only spent $8,000 on your computer, you wouldn't be having these troubles ... :lol:

Yours truly,

Post subject: Loser?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:59 am 

Loser? Did he just call me a loser? Baaaahhhhhhh

Post subject: 15K
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:09 pm 

Mine was 15K Mah. Worth every penny to. :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:17 pm 

Real men use Unix.

Did ya know that Mac OS-X IS Unix?

Did I pour enough gasoline into the fire ?

N6

Post subject: Oh Yeah!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 9:20 pm 

Yes I did know that N6. Does this mean you'll be switching to Mac & OSX soon. 8)

Post subject: Focus, Focus!
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 11:35 am 
Site Admin

Can anyone think what is happening to him? I'm stumped. Has this happened to any of the other admins? Are you able to connect to House of Hermskii ok?

Hermskii,

Post subject: Still Unable to Connect
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:52 am 

Hermskii , I replied to your email earlier today. Yeah, it's both RedeemerInsanity and House of Hermskii that I can't connect to. I am not having a problem with any other servers. If you haven't already seen the email, check it out. Anyone out there know what this means when I try to connect?

Laters,
- ASS

Warning: Received invalid actor class
Log: Forged object: got Function Botpack.Bot.FallingState.ZoneChange, expecting Class Core.Class
Log: Forged object: got Palette CommandoSkins.Palette74, expecting Class Engine.Texture
Log: Forged object: got Texture Botpack.Skins.JTapR, expecting Class Core.Class
Log: Forged object: got Palette EpicCustomModels.TCowMeshSkins.Palette4, expecting Class Core.Class
Log: Forged object: got Function SkeletalChars.WarBossBot.SetMultiSkin, expecting Class Engine.Texture
Log: Forged object: got Function Botpack.Bot.FallingState.ZoneChange, expecting Class Core.Class
Log: Forged object: got Palette EpicCustomModels.TCowMeshSkins.Palette4, expecting Class Core.Class
Log: Forged object: got StructProperty Botpack.MortarShell.Explode.HitNormal, expecting Class Core.Class
Log: Forged object: got ObjectProperty BDBMapVote3.MapVoteListBox.DrawItem.C, expecting Class Engine.Texture
Log: Forged object: got FloatProperty SkeletalChars.SkeletalBot.PlayLeftHit.TweenTime, expecting Class Engine.Texture

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Ass

Do you play on a lot of other servers?

If the answer is no, then I would suggest as a last resort reinstalling UT and letting CG repopulate your map-, skin-, etc folders.

I have no clue as to what's going on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:44 am 

As it says at the top of this thread, I have already tried all of that. Reinstallation was one of the first things I did. The "last resort" as it were is having Herm look into why my client is saying his server is sending me bad data, specifically related to the characters and the custom BotPack. One day it was working and the next it wasn't. I didn't change anything on my end, but Herm has to constantly update and patch. If we can backtrace what he changed I might have a chance at troubleshooting why I'm now having a problem. Herm was suspecting a CSHP update. Since no one else is having a problem, i'm not thinking that there is something wrong with his setup but there has got to be a reason why my client is processing the data from the server differently than everyone elses. Since he's being nice enough to work with me, hopefully we can figure out what's goin' on. :D

Post subject: Pretty interesting.....
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 11:56 am 

I would have to vote for the CSHP being the thing that might be causing the problems. I'm not running the CSHP stuff on mine and I don't think Bo or DeadSun are either (please correct me if I'm wrong guys). From the looks of it and just taking a guess the CSHP isn't taking to kindly to what ever skin you are using (like I said.....A GUESS). Have you tried using different skins then trying to connect to the server? Are you using the skin changer thing? I would pick one of the bone stock skins and then try it out. That way if it still messes up at least you can rule that as one of the possiblities.

Good luck and hope everything works out for ya bud.

|<idcapri

Post subject: It's Working Now !!!
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 1:47 pm 

I figured out that the 436 patch that I was using was the 436 "creative edition". I never had a problem with this configuration before, but something that Herm recently changed didn't agree with it. Possibly the CSHP like we suspected? Anyways, I'm back so look out :twisted:

Thanks,

-ASS

Post subject: So are you able to connect again?
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Does this mean that you are able to play now? I just sent you an email about a little test i was going to try to figure out where the problem was. Let me know. If you can connect now, I'm glad to hear it!

Hermskii,