It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: There's a "Hermskii" impersonator on the loose...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:41 am 
Site Admin

I logged in to see who was playing today on my servers and for the 1st time ever that I recall, there was a player logged in as "Hermskii". This was actually a first for me and it was upsetting also to know that someone was playing as me. I quickly banned him. His IP address was 24.46.230.253 .

Please note that I pretty much only play on my servers, MEAT's and Rains servers and that is about it. I hope this person didn't do or say anything that offended anyone as I'm sure you know I would never do that.

Let me know if you see this person around. I was told he was seen on an FBI UT server as well. I pretty much hardly play anymore but still it sucks that somebody couldn't come up with any other name than mine to use and on my servers it is my name. I'll BAN anyone I find on my servers logged in as me with zero warning as this last cat found out the hard way.

I just wanted to let you know so if you ever deal with a "Hermskii" that is rude to you, it certainly wasn't me. Later! I'm interested in knowing if any of you have had odd discussions with this other Hermskii that I may need to know about. Thanks!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:39 pm 

Yeah I ran into your felon last nite Herm. It was some guy going by the name "herminater" I believe. He wasn't using your usual pretty skin that you normally use lol, just either a soldier skin or a merc skin. I didn't hear him say anything and I of course telefraged his ass as i knew it wasn't you :drunken:

Later

Chef

Post subject: Not him
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

No. I know there is a guy named Hermanator which actually doesn't bother me since my player name isn't Hermanator. The guy I'm talking about was actually named Hermskii. I haven't seen him back since I banned him so maybe this is already a done deal. Thanks!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:16 am 

Been watching out for him since the 15th jan saw him on managed to log the ip (which is the same) but forgot to tell you about it till i read this. I tried to get into the server to say "hi" but he either left just before or as i entered but either way wasn't there when i got in if you remember i saw someone a couple of weeks ago with that name and said hi etc but got no response then he left
D.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:52 am 

I already saw the fake Hermskii because it was on a sniper server (but I don't remember which one. AND I remeber I saw you one day on CG, and a few seconds after I said "Hey Herm", the name disappeared from the players.
I'm quite sure to remember "your" ping that day was too high for you on your own computer !!!! This surprised me more than the fact that you left without saying hello or bye.

But I have to admit that I haven't been shocked enough and didn't do anything to know more ! :cyclopsani:

Just to let you know...

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I usually talk to everyone so that is a good way to tell if it is me or not and the PING too. For me it should never exceed 50 as long as I'm playing from home. I haven't seen him anymore so I suspect he's gone. Thanks all.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:34 am 

Hey! Why is my I.P. banned on Redeemer Insanity???

Just kidding :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:38 pm 

IP Address 24.46.230.253
Country UNITED STATES
Region NEW YORK
City GLEN COVE
ISP CABLEVISION SYSTEMS

weener! :cheers: