It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Clan DOU versus the World!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:48 pm 

Well, sort of.
Tommy and the rest of clan DOU would like to have a practice match against the friends of the clan. Also included in this would be the DOU recruits... I think at this moment, that would be me.
Needless to say that I can not take them all on myself. So I come here asking you, my redeemer friends, to help me.
This will be a team sniper match. The main goal is to camp and kill. I can not lie to ya. Even if there are a bunch who are interested, we will get slaughtered.
So my main goal is to take as many as I can with me. They will have team speak. We can also, but most probably do not have a headset with a mic. This is okay. They will have knowledge of the maps, We will not. They are experienced with snipers....
So I understand if you are not interested in joining my cause, but I still ask for your help none the less.
If you are interested, the match will happen next weekend. I am not sure of the time, but will post it here as soon as I find out.
Can you help a Jargo out?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:13 pm 

I'd be interested depending on the time. And to make it fair, being that we are inexperienced (green), let us pick the maps?

Post subject: Me
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

I'll give it a head shot. I can't be sure that I can make it this far out but I'll say that I'll try!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:32 pm 

If it will be a team game, does that mean that they will NOT be able to wear those impossibly dark outfits of theirs? :tongue5:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:04 am 

I will do it and like meat said what time is it. I got to my sister house to wash clothes I try to lrave by 3 pm but how u do you use team speak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:11 am 

Go to the DOU site and download the guest skin that is as dark as the DOU skins :cyclopsani:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:35 am 

I have tried to log on to their server several times. I keep getting something like a "package 'de' version mismatch" error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:10 am 

Quote:
I'd be interested depending on the time. And to make it fair, being that we are inexperienced (green), let us pick the maps?

Sorry maps are already picked

Quote:
If it will be a team game, does that mean that they will NOT be able to wear those impossibly dark outfits of theirs? tongue5

Sorry again but as posted above by The_one you will be in the guest skin so sort of evens things out.

Quote:
I will do it and like meat said what time is it. I got to my sister house to wash clothes I try to lrave by 3 pm but how u do you use team speak.

It would be around 5 pm est they usually try for that time and have a look on the dou forum in the team speak section for how to install and use

Quote:
I have tried to log on to their server several times. I keep getting something like a "package 'de' version mismatch" error.

You will have to go into your ut folder find the file then either remove/rename or delete it from there then download the one off the server

D.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:00 pm 

Mortis wrote:

Yes, you need to go into your UT System folder and "arrange the icons by name". Then find the two files named de.u and de.int and delete them. When you log onto the server it will d/l the files into your cache and you will be good to go. :compress:

And another thing. Will the server actually be set to run deathmatch? And if so, will there be any team damage? If everyone is wearing black it will be impossible to know if you are shooting at enemies or friendlies. :scratch: :shaking2:

Last edited by a nameless entity on Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:06 pm 

Darkmatter
Quote:
It would be around 5 pm est they usually try for that time and have a look on the dou forum in the team speak section for how to install and use

On weekend? and Is hard to in stall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:34 pm 

You just place it in the ut folder i think its the system folder then go into game and choose skin i think its only compatable with a couple of models but im sure dark will elaborate :cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:55 pm 

Clan still sound to much like gangs to me to which I would never belong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:49 pm 

Fluffy the Bunny wrote:

They have bot Name Skank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:37 pm 

Quote:
And another thing. Will the server actually be set to run deathmatch? And if so, will there be any team damage? If everyone is wearing black it will be impossible to know if you are shooting at enemies or friendlies.

It should be set to team deathmatch. There will be a red team and a blue team. We would probably be wearing the DOU Guest skin. These are easy to identify. Also, you take no damage from a team mate if they shoot you, so that is easy enough.

Quote:
On weekend? and Is hard to in stall?

Yes to the weekend and no to the hard to install.
Team Speak is just as easy as any other program. If you can install and run an instant messenger, you can install and run team speak.

Quote:

You need not join a clan. I just need help for this or I am doomed to failure. Plus, it will give you folks a taste of camping sniper play. You never know, you may enjoy it. I know I do, as well as Herm. Not trying to put words in your mouth Herm. Just repeting what you said to me about sniping.

Thank you DarkMatter for answering the above questions. I was out of town today and have just returned.[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:11 pm 

Fluffy the Bunny wrote:

I agree it took me 5 yrs to find a clan other then the very loosly formed one of sra that i would join but dou are good peeps. just think of it this way if you wanna play in the sniper tourny all you are is a group of players on one side taking on a clan on the other so go kill the clan :compress:

D.M.