It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Two quick things.
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:41 am 
Site Admin

1.<br><br>I had forgetten to put the boss skins on CG and HOH. They are now on so change your player class to that if you have been wanting to. Sorry I forgot to add them earlier.<br><br>2.<br><br>Apparently we may be changing the default forum to one that N6NU has set up. It may have more ability at a lesser cost than this one. Schwantz has assured me that the SRA Forum will stay put but he agrees that we should focus all of our forum attention to only one forum so that we don't have to jump back and forth looking for each other or certain threads of discussion. I really like the feel of N6NU's new forum but want to make sure that if we do move the main discussion over there that we all know and agree. I will put up a poll soon to ask everyone what we should do. The poll will have a vote end date and I want everyone who sees this to be sure to vote. I'd like N6NU to respond to this with his intensions concerning the new message board he has graciouslt offered. For the others, please post any additional concerns or subjects that you think we need to visit prior to this poll. There have already been discussions about whether we can export all of the messages from SRA to this new board which I think is called "N6NU's Redeemer Insanity" Please take a moment and reply with any thought you have. Thanks!<br><br>Check out the new forum here:<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.n6nu.org/phpBB2/index.php">www.n6nu.org/phpBB2/index.php</a><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>Afraid of change Hermskii<br> <p></p><i></i>

Hermskii,

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Two quick things.
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 2:31 pm 

Herminskii,<br>All,<br><br>there are two pieces to this:<br><br>a) www.redeemerinsanity.com website<br><br>The idea was to have a hub where all the redeemer information can be put into one place in a colaborative effort. I provide the server, the domain name and multiple people can keep their sections updated. As I said before, I am not a creative web designer, but I like to administer it. I have no problem giving access to the machines to all involved. Let's see if we can pull this off. <br><br> <br> b) the actual BBS<br><br>When the discussion about the current EZBoard BBS came up I started out to see if I can do a BBS. You can see the result. As of this morning it runs on my co-located server and it should be much faster. I found a mod that allows to attach files. I will test it on my staging machine and migrate it over if it works. <br><br>I made Mah a site admin for the BBS and we can have more. Again, I think this can be handled by multiple people. <br><br>It is not my intention to take over the world or rattle on cages to make people uncomfortable. My feelings will not be hurt if nobody wants to use the BBS. No matter what y'all decide, it is fine with me. I spent $8.95 for the domain name and got a LOT of experince out of setting this up. <br><br>Finally, I am in for the long run. As long as I have internet access there will be a www.redeemerinsanity.com. hope this clarifies my intentions. I just wanted to give to the comunity and do my part to keep this cult going like others have done bofore me. <br><br>N6NU <p></p><i></i>

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Two quick things.
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for explaining the two pieces. That is part of what i wasn't understanding. I have gone to www.RedeemerInsanity.com and saw the site again. It looks great. I see there will be a ton of construction in the future too. That is good as ideas and such come together. The site name is easy to remeber and thus no matter where we are we can get to it and everyone.<br><br>I have a big 0% knowledge base when it comes to web site stuff. I don't know how I can be of any help here rather than connecting to the BBS (what does that stand for? Bill-Board-System?), and answering questions. I know how to make hyperlinks to info on my webserver too. That's about it.<br><br>About the BBS, I was only concerned that we'd have people going back and forth between forums and I think that makes it cumbersome. If that happens, people will stop showing up which has always been the largest fear I've had about SRAForum. I've always been worried that if Schwantz ever just quite that we wouldn't have a better method of communicating than AIM. I had even created a forum that I've been sitting on for months. i didn't mention it because SRA stayed up and running. I was ready though in the background should the Boss ever get sick of all of the hassle we put him through not to mention the fact that he was paying out of his own pocket so we could chat. Now that I see your board, I know mine was only half as sweet and thus I'd prefer that we use yours. I really don't have the time anyway to mange this sort of thing.<br><br>You certainly didn't rattle my cage. It's a little bit of relief actually that I don't have to do this and I like that the Boss is good with this idea too. I will eventually have my own site and once i know what I'm doing for sure, I will then be able to contribute to the RI website. Don't settle for not trying to take over the world. i try a little bit myself everyday.<br><br>The best news is knowing that you intend to hang with this as long as you have a internet access. Burn out happens to all of us eventually I think. Schwantz has been such a constant it's like switching from a phone company you like to another. You never really know what you're going to get until it's too late. <br><br>I have more hits to this forum than all of the other web pages I've visited COMBINED! I've spent more time on this forum than I have with my wife I'd bet. So making a change like this is big but I think it's good. I support this change and look forward to upcoming months of construction on the website. A single site solution for every one of our Redeemer Arena needs is a brilliant idea. I applaud this effort and am anxious to see what the others think.<br><br>Best of all...if the whole thing flops, we still have a non-Gold membership forum at this SRA Forum where this all started from and we are all already comfortable with.<br><br>I hope this helps clear things up for the rest of you too. Thanks all!<br><br><br> <p>Hermskii</p><i></i>

Hermskii,

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]