It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: UT Patch 451 and you!
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

I started this other thread just to be sure that for those of you that are ignoring the other UT 451 Patch, that you read this:<br><br>UT Patch 436 is the best patch for everyone right now. There is nothing really wrong with it at all.<br><br>UT Patch 440 is for SERVERS ONLY. Don't install it if you are using your UT for playing only. If you do run a server, I would say to use this patch. It has some cool stuff that 436 doesn't have.<br><br>UT Patch 451 just came out a few days ago. It is advertized as being for server and clients, meaning anyone can use it and it is the latest best version. Keep reading! If you run a server, I don't see why you shouldn't or wouldn't use this latest patch. It has lots of new features that are sweet but I wouldn't use it for a player install. Any server that uses cheat protection won't let you on them. I couldn't even figure out how to keep cheat protection on CG and run this patch at the same time. <br><br>If you are just playing UT, use the 436 Patch. if you're serving a game, use the 451 Patch but remove every bit of cheat protection unless you are smarter that me and can figure it out. To do it really right, install UT twice. One for playing with 436 and one for serving using 451. Now send me money for saving you hours and hours of troubleshooting. CG and HOH are now both using the 451 patch. All CSHP4+ has been removed. People who want to use those skin changing skins can use them now that CSHP4+ is off of the server. I think the new 451 patch limits skin changes in game to 10 times and then it boots you. I think? I was tired when I read the readme. Later!<br> <p>Hermskii</p><i></i>

Hermskii,

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: UT Patch 451 and you!
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

<br>Good post.<br><br>Will stay with the tried and true.<br><br> <p><SRA>/v/ahatma</p><i></i>

Report this post
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 9:06 pm 

<span style="font-family:comic sans ms; color:orange;font-size:xx-large;">Very good Post Herm</span> <p></p><i></i>

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 5:43 am 

I found this at PlanetUnreal and thought you guys and gals would be interested.<br><br><br><span style="color:lime;"> Possible UTPG Problems - Fragmaster -<br>5/13/03 10:54 PST - General UT News<br>Andrew Moore pointed out something about the UTPG patch for UT released yesterday:<br>Since UT 451 is a new patch, the cheat protections DETECT it as a CHEAT! So server admins, please update your CHSP or Pure to Pure6C.<br><br>Until the servers upgrade to 451 and a new official Pure is released and those servers use it, this could be an issue for some time. -</span><br><br>Doh! <p></p><i></i>

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]