It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Speaking of bikes.
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 9:49 am 

MINT VFR700.......WOW. The Interceptors always seemed like a great line of bikes and I can't ever recall seeing anybody say anything bad about them. Nice choice of ride there Herm. Can't say I have been riding that long but wish I could. The GS500 is the first bike and only bike I have ever owned but I have gotten to ride my fair share of the 2 wheeled beasties. Lets see there was a 85' Honda 450 cruiser, a 95' Honda Nighthawk 750, a 01' Buell Lightning X1 (talk about a BEAST) and GAS GAS dirt bike which I could hardly touch the ground sitting on the seat. The bikes I really had my eyes on when I was shopping was a Honda CBR600 and a Suzuki GSX750 and any of the Ducati Monster Series. But due to the cost of these 3 and not getting as much as I wanted on the loan I took out I decided to go the less expensive route. Kicked myself about 2 months later when I found out Ducati had put out a Monster 500 all black limited edition for about 750 more bucks than what I paid for my GS500.<br><br>There is not much out there more enjoyable than running the roads and reving the bike to 11,000 rpms or more before shifting and listening to that lovely note coming from the tail pipe. But then the reality sets in that you are doing over a 100 mph thru town and need to slow down before ya either dump it or see those lovely blue lights in your rear view. Still there is not much out there that will clear your mind up as quick as a spin on a moto. I think anybody that has had or rides a bike can agree there.<br><br>152 is pretty damn respectable on a bike Herm..........I've only pushed mine up to about 120 before I decided I better slow back down. It's a bit hard to ride an un-faired bike at those speeds due to the amount of wind. It blows my mind when I read about some of the speeds some of the editors of the bike magazines have hit on some of the bikes out there. Kinda like when Suzuki first put out the 1300 Hayabusa and editors were talking that they had taken the bike up to 220 but said the bike could do even more. That is insanity at its finest right there.<br><br>Thanks for the reply on the email Herm.....I'll make sure to check it when I get home this evening.<br><br>Glad to know there are others out there that ride. Take care and keep it between the 2 white lines.<br><br>|<idcapri <p></p><i></i>

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2