It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sharing the pain!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

Hello all!<br><br> I'm just feeling sorry for myself because I think I didn't do my best job last time I rebuilt the PC and I seem to be crashing the UT game often while playing. Luckily, The server isn't on the same machine anymore so when this happens the server doesn't crash too. I think I have some heat issues and please don't start telling me about fans and all that. I already know but I am too lazy to go get a better one and reseat it on with Artic Silver blah blah blah. I will ask if you think it's the heat but I wonder if it isn't the vid card itself even though the XP 2100 chips boots at 63C. Yes, I know that's very very hot but I had 5 servers and played all on this same machine before. It doesn't make sense that now I'm having all of this trouble. Schwantz pointed out a bad map for me today that may have been why the server crashed at 5:00 PM. I removed it. Thanks! I have to say that I hate the server machine itself. It's so old it just kills me. I hope to move it on to a better box in about a month or two. I am pleased the player1 player2 problem seems to have cut back a lot. The players changing names all the time is really bugging me. I just don't get it I guess. Even when I banned Mahatma one time he came back as his own name backwards! LOL. That was so funny by the way! Mah I got the shot of Schwantz saying he had more udders! I almost choked I laughed so hard. I felt like he was really saying it. It is now my fav picture of him! Tha's all. No replies required. I just wanted to unload a little and I feel better all ready! Peace everyone and thanks for coming to this forum. I don't know if I should feel good or not about my coming here and it being a highlight of my day. "You know you play UT too much when this forum is a highlight of your day" LOL.<br><br><br>Hermskii <p></p><i></i>

Hermskii,

Report this post
 Post subject: Re: Sharing the pain!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

<br>63C is, like, way too hot!!! Did you forget to peel back the paper covering the thermal pad when you put the hsf on the chip, LOL?<br><br>I have to say, that despite the fact that there is no such thing as a "real identity" on the internet, and, as Herm suggested today, perhaps none in real life either, I am finding the name shifting a little annoying as well. But what can you do? <br><br>I emailed some funny pics/screenies to Herm, Jarg, and Schwantz today. I'm hoping Jarg can get them up on his website. I'll send em to Torp soon too, but I haven't seen you on lately, and am guessing you may be super busy.<br><br>Keepin it real,<br>Mahatma <p><br><SRA>/v/ahatma</p><i></i>

Report this post
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]