It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Website - work in progress
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:27 am 

NM sent me the files last night and I put them onto www.redeemerinsanity.com. Good work Vinnie!

N6

Post subject: Files updated 5-18-03 10:35am
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:36 am 

NM,

I updated:

Index Fix
New Screen Cap
Navbar

Looking good!

N6

Post subject: FTP program for Mac OS X needed
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:48 am 

Hey all you Mac gurus,

NM needs a FTP program to upload files to my site. Any ideas, suggestions? He is running OS X.

I am a Windows- / Linux-droid...

N6

Post subject: jpg's
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:49 am 

Just sent you a bunch of images Andy. Wasn't able to upload them using Fetch. I was able to upload the HTML files though. Go figure. This whole thing is looking pretty sweet. Nice work.

Post subject: Re: jpg's
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 10:52 am 

<SRA>Maximus wrote:
Just sent you a bunch of images Andy. Wasn't able to upload them using Fetch. I was able to upload the HTML files though. Go figure. This whole thing is looking pretty sweet. Nice work.

Thanks, I will put them onto the site. I am also working on the permissions

N6

Post subject: New Files posted 5-19-03 11:15am
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:18 am 

Max,

I uploaded the images. I also sent you an email with different logon information. Give it a try and let me know.

N6

Post subject: that did it!
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 2:57 pm 

That did the trick. Sweeeeeet. You'll be glad to know there shouldn't be to many emails from me now at least. :lol:

Post subject: Re: that did it!
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 9:57 am 

<SRA>Maximus wrote:
That did the trick. Sweeeeeet. You'll be glad to know there shouldn't be to many emails from me now at least. :lol:

Better safe than sorry :-)

It also looks like you fixed the links to the screenshots. Good work.

N6

Post subject: Hi...sorry I'm late
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 7:47 pm 

Hey there naut, n6...I know back in the old forum I had said that I was willing to contribute to this project; after a few weeks, heres what I got:

- how about losing the frames(with the exception of the server page, which I will explain later)? I have figured out how to do a javascript dropdown menu that will take its place and consume less screen real estate.

- I have also located some PHP code that does UT server queries; everything is done server side, which means that those of us who use operating systems other than windows will be able to see who is on the servers. My idea consists of a screen with 2 frames (split 40/60),the top being the server name, logo, comments, etc and the bottom being the actual output from the PHP query.here is a link to an example query here.

-Maybe integrating the Bio page and the yearbook page?
I have been visiting TLD clan's pages (because of their wonderful Strangelove CTF server) and their clan roster is a nice piece of work.Maybe we could do something similar, where stuff like handles, fav gametypes, and other stuff could be in a table, and one could click an info link that pops up a window displaying photo, description, email and IM screen name.

Well, I'm spent...I am working on Ideas #1 & #2 right now; I should have something working within a week or 2. I appreciate any criticism that is offered.
DS

Post subject: Sounds good
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:07 pm 

Hey DS I like the idea of integrating the bio stuff with the screen names and email addresses and such. It makes sense and makes thing more streamline. I checked out the (TLD) clan site and thought it was a little busy. Of course this site is for everyone and I sort of ran away with it a bit (serious guilty conscience) so if everyone would like to see something like that then we sure as hell can do it. As far as the Server thing goes I agree with ya but that would have to be your baby entirely. I haven't got a clue how that stuff works. LOL.
Andy has all the files so feel free to go for it. I don't mind in the least with handing the ball off for a while. :D Not that I don't want to do this anymore mind you. It's totally kept me in a creative state of mind. Graphics and web are the direction I'd like to head as far as a career, hence the reason for me jumping in with both feet on this. Anyway keep me up to date what your working on. This could be really cool. Not only that but maybe it will help look like I'm not monopolizing things here. :)

Post subject: As you go.
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:10 pm 

Hey DS. Are you going to put this up on a server somewhere. I'd like to see it as you work on it just to throw my 2 cents at ya once in a while or are you just going to wait till ya got the whole thing put together.

Post subject: Re: As you go.
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:27 pm 

<SRA>Maximus wrote:
Hey DS. Are you going to put this up on a server somewhere. I'd like to see it as you work on it just to throw my 2 cents at ya once in a while or are you just going to wait till ya got the whole thing put together.

DS,

I can give you a staging environment. Once all works, we can move the files to the site.

Whaddoyathink ?

N6