It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Darkcity aka "The New Crane"
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:40 pm 

ditto on almost all that was said. If i'd have to sum it up, I'd say keep it but have the map only available say every 4 maps (make that for all maps since even though I'm a "reg" (am i? I still play like a newb! LOL!), some maps like agony, morbias and "fragtal" can get just as boring as the big maps. (the poop loop of death is just as boring as Crane...almost!!!) Especially if i am the "noobest" reg there. LOL! That's all!!! BTW most of you know I chose a new name I'm sticking with "Love&Rockets". You can still call me ben or benbro (just don't call me late for dinner!!!). Sometimes I feel like using the old nick. So to avoid to avoid confusion BeNgALiBro/Love&Rockets are the same person. Little ol' me. Cya and I find it really fun playing here. I have been playing on CG since my sis Bengalipunk introduced me to it (one year ago this month I think). Long live CGRI!!! :twisted:

Post subject: Mostly done.
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

I set a minumum on the map cycles to 4 on the mapvote so they can't keep revoting the same map. I turned off the chatfilter too so cuss to your hearts content. I turned on the server messages as well. They will cycle 4 messages, 1 at a time, every 25 seconds or so. I did more but can't remember what. Let me know what else I can do. Thanks!

Hermskii,

Post subject: "If the foo shits; wear it."
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:29 pm 

If CG is for newbies then let it be for the newbies. If you guys want to go in there and kick newbie ass instead of encouraging them to stick with it and become regulars, then I say you take your chances on playing the same maps over and over again. It's their server, put there for them. When they're ready, they'll move on to the other servers and play with the big boys. Then you guys can go ahead and separate the wheat from the chaff. House of Hermskii is where you guys should be if you want to play at Herm's place.

We now have Bo's server, Kidcapri's is back up, there's still good old Missile Madness, Schwant's Bishop Beater server is up as I write this, so there are no excuses. See you there, or at CG in Crane or Dark City. Wherever. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 8:35 pm 

i have to say that darkcity is a cooler map than crane but i know what you mean about how it can get kinda "ehhh" at times. but yeah, a lot of folks seem to overvote for the same maps over and over and over.

Post subject: Re: Mostly done.
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:19 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
I set a minumum on the map cycles to 4 on the mapvote so they can't keep revoting the same map. I turned off the chatfilter too so cuss to your hearts content. I turned on the server messages as well. They will cycle 4 messages, 1 at a time, every 25 seconds or so. I did more but can't remember what. Let me know what else I can do. Thanks!

Herm,

the messages seem to work. We actually have newbees show up here and register. Good going.

N6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:01 pm 

er... uh... I've got a mean 'roid going right now. Any of you have a trick that might make this grape turn into a pea?

preperationtorp

Post subject: welcome
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:05 pm 

welcome to the forum Ebolarama

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:06 pm 
Site Admin

ummm Torp ... don't put either grapes or peas in there. They're not good for roids. :lol:

Post subject: Inspiration
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:45 am 

Ok guys and gals. This last thread inspired me to put together a little piece of work on the art page. Go check it out. It's a little sloppy but I think you'll get the idea.

Post subject: Re: Inspiration
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:11 am 

<SRA>Maximus wrote:
Ok guys and gals. This last thread inspired me to put together a little piece of work on the art page. Go check it out. It's a little sloppy but I think you'll get the idea.

Hahaha - Hell's Angels of Dark City - lol

N6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:24 am 
Site Admin

Hey NM:

I didn't see an angry nali war cow with a picket sign? You graphic artists discriminate over bovines.

Here's a bone for Herm. Last night I used the word dick several times and it stopped me from chatting for 120 seconds. Of course this generated the rath of the cow and before I knew it my ip address was broadcast!

I think Mah wet himself it was so funny.

GrazingSchwantz

Post subject: I knew it
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:48 am 

Somehow I knew you would notice that Boss. Right after I uploaded that Pic I realized I hadn't put the Cow in. DeadSun uses the war cow as well so how could I disrespect 2 linux guys. An updated mob pic is in the works. :D

Post subject: suicide bombing
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:40 am 

When Crane became the scourge that it is we made the best of it. I remember many a suicide feast twixt Bengi, Clemmy, and I, was fun. Maybe a little suicide bombing is in order at Dark City too.

If it wasn't for anything else I'd keep coming here to see BH's icon :wink:

Caio Skank

Post subject: Bosss
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:33 pm 

Ok Boss. There are Nali cows inthe pic now. Unfortunately you can't see most of them because they are sniffing butts in the crowd but there is one on a box to the side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hmmmm.. the cow is just sitting/standing there. No picket sign.. The sign could read, "GIVE ME DICK OR GIVE ME DEATH!!" Hey!.. wait a minute.! .maybe another saying would be better..

GrazingSchwantz