It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: ugh dark city has become crane
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:45 am 

i don't know about the rest of you but i'm sick of dark city everytime i log on to cg it's on dark city i was there playing mickey and another person we ended dark city and went to a different map sure enough more people came on and voted for dark city again

when i said we just played this 2 maps ago one person typed well you're playing it again well needless to say i left

so yes you can say dark city is becoming crane or has become the next crane getting voted for over and over

sorry i just had to complain

Bh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:51 am 
Site Admin

The best thing to do when that happens is to turn it into a spreader's map! Just start shooting as many spawnpoints as possible and end the game in under 5 minutes. That happened to me the other day -- played DarkCity 3 times in 4 maps!!!

Still, it's way better than Crane, and the newbs love the dark hiding spots.

Another tip: only log on when 3 or 4 or the regulars are on, to avoid getting outvoted, LOL!

Post subject: dark city
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:56 am 

i agree bh dark city is and does get very boring mabe herm should think about taking it off mabe a couple of times a week or something
just an opinion.

laters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:12 pm 

Mahatma wrote:
The best thing to do when that happens is to turn it into a spreader's map! Just start shooting as many spawnpoints as possible and end the game in under 5 minutes. That happened to me the other day -- played DarkCity 3 times in 4 maps!!!

Still, it's way better than Crane, and the newbs love the dark hiding spots.

Another tip: only log on when 3 or 4 or the regulars are on, to avoid getting outvoted, LOL!

I agree, that it is better to smoke them out of their comfy hideouts and make their life a living hell. It'l stop quickly. Maybe we can try not to frag each other - like teamwork. Us vs. them - lol

N6

Post subject: Agreed
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:15 pm 

I have to agree on this one. It seems every I tome I go in it's Dark city again. Hey herm isn't there a way to set it up so that a map falls out of rotation for a bit before your able to vote on it again. I like Dark city but not over and over and over again. Then again there are plenty of servers so I'm guessing this may cause another migration of SRA regulars. Going to another server is not going to bother me any. The only reason I play at CG's is because everyone I know is there. (No offense Herm) All the servers are fairly equal as far as selection of maps and skin as well as dload time and pings. Let the Newbs get stale by playing on Dark city over and over again. When they finally come to one of the other servers we'll just keep voting for fractal, Morbias, Cathedral & pyramid. :lol:

Post subject: Also Agree
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:31 pm 

BH and N6NU both make great points. But a even better idea would be to get rid of the map vote altogether and just let the map list rotate on it's own. That way you don't have the same map over and over again ( even some SRA folks seem to do this ). Also, some maps that almost never get played might get some use 8-)

Just my thoughts

MickeyM©

I do believe there are Kick Vote only MODs out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 1:45 pm 

I'm with bh evreytime i come in DC on and ill leave and come back after
a little bit and there playing DC again. maybe you can make it a telefrag
map only i know telepimp would love it.and it would force all to come out
into the center and FLASHY FLASHY TELEFRAGGY!!!

Y.F.F XX_MAN

Post subject: Kill the Newbs
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:13 pm 

I can see it now. All the regs walking through the streets of Dark City with torches in one hand and Redeemers in the other screaming "Down with the Newbs" & "Die Campers Die" and singing "Give Fractal a chance". :lol:
If I'm not mistaken CG's was actually set up for Newbs originally and then all of the SRA regs went cuckoo for all the fresh meat that was available. :twisted:
Hey XXman that's a great idea. I can see it now though. we'll soon become a clan of obsessed telefraggers and have our own little telefragging website. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:33 pm 

I just play it in my sleep.....cruise & snooze...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:01 pm 

I would not touch MapVote. Better to take the map out for 1 or two games and then put it back. I think there is an option for that. At least you will get it every other game then :-)

I vote to keep it in the maplist as peace offer to the newbees and whoop their asses when they play it.

Give Fractal a chance - lol - too funny Max!

N6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:43 pm 

i agree lately it has been on nearly every time i start and thought the same thing " not again " but i wouldnt like to see it taken off all together as like pimp i like to turn to telefrag only on there. Its great to get the campers and anybody else running around hope it stays but would like it to be less often give it a few days they may get bored voting for it. while on the moan what about deck 64 thats getting to be almost as boring the other day i was on it went d.c deck 64 back to d.c then deck 64 that was a bad day
dark :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 3:59 pm 
Site Admin

you can set mapvote up so it won't allow the same map to be chosen for a set period of rotations. I despise most of these "popular" maps in CG and when you have restricted playing time, you log on and its, crane, dark city, 1 on 1 Buttmuncher or something like that. It's annoying!

I'm ever so grateful with Mah, Evil, DeadMan and others chose a few of the favourites.

By the way.. I was trying to use the word Cocktail talking about the movie by the same name and finially got booted for cussing.. I think someone is being a Richard here. LOL.. Just kidding Herm.

Where'sMyDeckMap Schwantz

Post subject: Noted!
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

OK, I hear ya. I'll set the mapvote to not allow the same map again within 4 rounds. Now, for Schwantz, I suggest letting him choose the next map and everyone fall in line quickly when he's on so he doesn't end up playing maps he doesn't like. I'm one of those folks who loves DarkCity because I like running around and living for more than 10 seconds. I haven't bben on too much of late but I have noticed it's been on a lot lately. I have actually taken off the chatfilter but I haven't had to reboot yet so none of these changes have taken place yet. I'll just take it down now and make the changes and reboot! Keep suggestions coming!

Hermskii,

Post subject: I agree
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 4:56 pm 

Most of you know that I can't stand Dark City... BUT if the noobs feel more comfortable there, then I say leave it. We have several other servers to go to whilst the noobs hide and guide to their hearts content. That is usually what I do. The spread suggestion sound fun though... If there are four or more regs there, it will be a blast if all of us unleash on every spawn point that you can reach. Heck on any point!

OH YEAH! :twisted: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

I can't go to any other servers, because spreading is no fun unless you are unloading on 8-12 newbies!!! :lol:

I don't think DCity is that bad unless there are fewer than 6 people. Then I go check email or wash dishes.