It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:48 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Don't Panic!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

I have put up a test UT 2003 Server named House of Hermskii. I am not going to keep it up more than a week or so. I'm working out some bugs for a friend's server so he can figure out how to do certain things he wants to do with his server. It's running the low grav Zark Zoom Assualt Rifle mod right now and this will change almost daily for the next week or so. It shares several of the ports that CG and HOH use so expect really bad play every once in a while on either of my regular UT servers. Thank you and have a great day!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:12 pm 

I was expecting you to say something about the Hurricane that is headed your way. You could always blame any problems on that. :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:58 am 

a nameless entity wrote:
I was expecting you to say something about the Hurricane that is headed your way. You could always blame any problems on that. :wink: :lol:

i just seen news about the hurricane everyone in its path ok there??
dark :twisted:

Post subject: OK
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:59 am 
Site Admin

We're all good here. Houston is 50 miles off of the coast so these little ones that come in have little effect. It just kepp the winds gusty and dumped patches of heavy rain. The usually spots all flooded and the usual people that didn't evacuate had to be rescued. There are about 10,000 without power and several fires sprung up all over the city from downed power lines. Today it is beautiful outside and dry with clear skies. The coastline further south took a pretty good beating and Houston's oceanfront (Galveston) lost a lot of the beaches from being washed away. Same old story I guess. Thanks for asking but everything is good here right now. I hope we get a big storm this year. Back in 85 we got Alicia which was a type 4 I think. That one wrecked stuff all over the place. We need a good bath like that one again! Later all.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:03 pm 

I'm glad to hear you're ok! 8)
Why would you want a storm to stay strong that far inland? Need a new car or somethin'? :twisted: :razz: :wink:

Post subject: Like em
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

I've just always enjoyed a good storm. I like it when it gets real dark in the afternoon and then the wind picks ups all of the sudden with a chill in it. I love seeing it coming from the west, rolling in with flashes of lightning and rumbling thunder. The wind picks up and the thunder gets louder. Everything goes darker and darker and them Babooooom! Lightning scares the crap out of ya and you take cover just a minute or so before the sheets of heavy rain drape across the city. Trees sway against the grey sky that's illuminated only by the lightning that cracks just seconds apart from one another. The streets swell into ponds as the drainage system is easily over matched by the downpoor. Yeah, speaking of needing a new car, I got my last one because of a flood just like I described. LOL I rememebr a short in the electrical made my blinker turn on. I could still see it in the dark underwater. I fixed the car and sold it and got the one I have now. Bad ass storms rule!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:01 pm 

OUCHE HERM.I went to college in Noverember 1985.College On top hill It been rainning for days but that day it rain 12 inches in 5 hours.It was wroste flooding I seen.College was close at 1:00 mp.(College On top hill )They close that road at 12:30 mp because flooding on raod.My car and I move in 6 inches off rain.I got home okay ( which take me hour get home by the
way would take me 20 minutes)but My sister is school teacher there are two creek around school. They could get kids or School Teachers out till 12:00 am next day.