It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Invisible Bots at NWRO?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:18 pm 

Have any of you folks encountered this? Trigon was playing with me on NWRO tonight and he couldn't see any of the bots. Think they were all from the EpicCustomModel pack...I changed a line in my .ini, and restarted...we'll see if that fixes it. Added another 8 maps tonight...see if you like them. Will be paring the list somewhat...I see that some maps are very spammy when there are alot of people playing...bad player start positioning on the part of the mappers. Now is the time to speak up if there is a map you particularly hate (I despise DM-Pyramid, but added it back in at BlondeHotties insistence...there are others I would like to pull, but alot of folks like them) If a map gets several thumbs down, I will review it and delete if I agree. Death_Inc thinks I should up the number of bots...what is the consensus? Maybe I should make a poll...

Bo

Post subject: Invisible Bots at NWRO?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:36 am 

Ok ,I checked it out at my end Bo....looks like it was me ..at least I think it is..I went to play a game locally and it looked all glarey there too!!..so i went to open GL and tried again ...no problems!!! it all looks fine now...I still got some D3D problems with my card and UT 1 to get ironed out :( ....I guess I'll have to run Ut1 in open GL for the time being ......thanks , sorry if I caused you any headaches Bo!! :oops:
Later ,Tri 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:25 am 

hey bo i did hear one of the players saying he couldnt see another player asking him what skin he had but cant remember names, but apart from that had no problems while on except it can get a bit slow at times but thats when theres a lot on mahatma commented on how slow it was a few nights ago will adding more bots slow it down??? if i hear anymore will let you know
Dark :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:26 am 
Site Admin

I saw an invisible player yesterday.. i think his player name was morrowwind or something like that.

CamelSchwantz

Post subject: It's the OpenGL
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:21 pm 
Site Admin

If you are using OpenGL as a renderer there is a way to use an invisible skin and even the Anti cheats can't stop it. Have you noticed how some players are partially invisible. Well, the invisible players have identified the texture that is being used that OpenGL sees as clear and they make the entire player out of that texture. There's a solution but I can't remeber it right off hand. If the bots are invisible too that is usually server side. Don't know the answer there.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 9:40 pm 

Hey Trigon, have you tried that open gl file that Herm told us about? It makes open gl much better than the stock dll file. I won't go back to d3d now, because I'm getting the same framerates, with much nicer texture rendition. :)