It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: I am tired of rain
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:21 pm 

It rain 22 days out 31 days month in May. :evil: This month we have got more sunny days but it going to rain next 7 days. :evil: We are 9 inches above normal this time this year( which last sunday we got this month total rain fall).I am tired Of rain.The Ground is so wet we get Flash Flooding everytime we heavy rain fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:28 pm 

Lots more on the way too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:34 pm 

It going to rain from now to Weds of next week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:16 pm 
Site Admin

You're just lucky you don't live in Seattle ... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:17 pm 

I'm working on the ark as fast as I can!

Post subject: rainy days
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:27 am 

In the Netherlands rains it almost every day( :( ). And we live more as 3meter under the sea-level. So you guys must be happy to live in the US.
later [::tsunami::] (im glad we dont have stunamis in holland)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:46 am 

and they complain about rain in the uk guess we are lucky compared to you guys it still sucks tho
Dark :evil: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:07 am 

RAIN :? RAIN :x RAIN!!!!! :evil:

I HAVE ALL I NEED HERE IN NASHVILLE. :cry:
GOING TO RAIN ALL WEEKEND. (SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD TIME TO FRAG)
:D :lol: :wink: :razz: :D :P :twisted:

SEE YOU IN THE DRY ARENA

Y.F.F XX_MAN 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:02 am 

hey sci it's been raining alot here too but i'm kinda glad saves me money and water i planted flowers all over my hill side and fresh grass seed in the yard all this rain and then a day of sunshine my stuff is really growing hopefully the rain will calm down though it takes away our weekly fishing trips

bh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:43 pm 

Go ahead... Click on this link. It won't bite, I promise. It may be a bit painful though.

http://www.bobbysherman.com/bshctb.htm

What the hell is rain anyway?

I’ve never heard of it!

Does it hurt?

torpuddled

Post subject: Me too...
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:14 pm 

I'm there with ya, Sci... Actually, I'm about 100 miles south of ya. Either way, we are around 13 inches above normal here in Carolina. Same forecast here. One good tropical storm and we will be rowing to work. Remember Hugo?
For those of you who have not experienced a hurricane, or tropical stom... Get your vehicle up to around 80 mph in a heavy storm and stick your head out the window.. Rain really hurts at 80 mph.

Post subject: Hugo-1, Charleston-0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:36 pm 
Site Admin

I was in Charleston for Hugo thank you. What do you mean 80mph? We were clocking 140 across our flight deck and had to have metal mooring cables and 2 tug boats just to keep us at the pier. Cooper River was closed for weeks from all of the sunken boats and I saw in real life on the business in downtown where the boat was against the building and on the wall it said He went that way Hugo! Pointing away! LOL. Fun things Hurricanes! Thanks for the memories!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:21 pm 

ANYONE THINK Just if you go 300 mile inland try to get away from Hurricanes.PLEASE THINK AGAIN go far than that. Anybody going to east coast when they calling for Hurricanes.It better to west coast it be Safer Hugo was bad.In 1969( think that right I know in top ten list wroste Hurricanes list) I remeber on that come from Gulf Of Mexico Miss. all away throught to Va killing alot poeple. Those winds was like 160. It was to lose stengeth but it didn't winds was 120 Blow down trees .I remember HUGO. I had to work that day I drive in wind 50 to 80 and my back yard like look river going through it.Jarg remember Flood Of 1985. Last year we in dought.A really bad bad dought
http://www.roanokegov.com/WebMgmt/ywbas ... ame/$water this link what was like no rain look for historic water level .Here is link to all weather Jarg,Clem,BH,Bud ANd been deal with this year Some got more snow and rain http://www.wdbj7.com/scrapbook.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:34 pm 

I rode my bike through the edge of a small tornado once. I didn't know it at the time, I just knew it was the worst wind and rain I'd ever been in, and there was nowhere to pull off and take shelter, so I toughed it out. I'd seen the nasty skies coming, and was trying to avoid the weather, actually. When it hit, it came on suddenly.
Later on, I heard that the bike rally I had attended which was being held in a valley, had had the small twister pass right over head. Luckily, it came off of the high hilltop overhead, and stayed at that altitude.
But geez, I had been instantly soaked to the bone! Fortunately it was a warm day, and after the twister passed, the air temperature went back up. I was mostly dry again by the time I got home. :mrgreen:

Post subject: LOL
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:01 pm 

Hey Herm, I didn't want to suggest that anyone drive 140! Especially in the rain. I was in college just outside of Charlotte NC that Thursday night.. The power of these storms are unbelievable! Just seeing them on the television gives you no idea.. Being in college, we all were outside in the rain and wind seeing how far we could lean forward against the wind. Young and DUMB!
Sci, I think that the hurricane you are talking about is Chamille, the one that hit the gulf coast and went up through the mid atlantic. If I am not mistaken, only Andrew was worse...
Glider... You rode a motorcycle in a tornado?? I had a fascination with tornados. I would like to see one. Of course, I do not want to be IN one. I'm glad that you were on a HEAVY bike!