It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Matrix
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:15 pm 

I finale I got see matrix OH Man that is cool movie .Got to wait five month to ending.Oh well T 3 be out July 2 .I try to add on other message about it It Lock :evil:

Post subject: Re: Matrix
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 2:43 pm 

scify wrote:
I finale I got see matrix OH Man that is cool movie .Got to wait five month to ending.Oh well T 3 be out July 2 .I try to add on other message about it It Lock :evil:

Yeah, it was quite entertaining. Good special EFX.

N6

Post subject: Upon reflection.........
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 8:21 am 

I saw it the night it came out & saw the original again last night. imho the first one is, in fact, the better movie. Special fx in the second one blow away the first one, but the second one was kinda predictable compared to the first.

I know, heresy!

cf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 12:49 pm 

I saw it the other day.

Unbelievable eye candy!

I must say the fight with the multiple versions of Agent Smith has got to be one of the most impressive special effects scenes ever. Oh, and the freeway scene isn't too shabby either. A must see on the big screen.

Much of the story was sacrificed for those effects though. I donno about you guys, but I kind of feel jipped that they explained everything through the dialoge with the Architect.

torpheus

Post subject: yes, but...................
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:00 pm 

Yes, but does any of it compare to the scene in Serial Mom in the night club when Camel Toe is performing on stage? A classic scene if ever there was one. Just trying to set the pole for our priorities.

If you havn't seen "Serial Mom" go out and rent it. It was a hoot. Speaking of the night club scene do you think those where real on implants?
8)

Caio, Skank

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1800205995&cf=info&intl=us

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:17 pm 

Saw it yesterday - very good.
How do you think it compared to the first Matrix?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 7:19 pm 

Fluffy,
thanks for the serial mom info.
just put it in my queue on netflix.

Post subject: Serial Mom
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:11 pm 

Good for you Hannsie,
Let me know how/if you enjoyed it.

Skank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:12 pm 
Site Admin

I saw the Matrix 2 again this weekend. I know people were disappointed with it in comparison to the first one, but I think it is actually a very good extension of the original narrative, and one that doesn't wrap the story up too neatly.

Thing about the architect, and even the rave scene that everyone is complaining about (rightly so), is that all of this might be part of another matrix, and therefore "unreal." How did Neo manage to stop the sentinels at the very end?

There have been quite a few articles written on the film already, and a couple volumes on the philosophy issues in the matrix. I am actually thinking of contributing to the mess with a piece of literary criticism.

Welcome to the desert of the real!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:05 pm 

that what I want to know How Neo stop them?I think this movie is very good.I love car and motor & bike chase.That Bike was cool.I don't like ending. They made two movies same time to save on cost .Clem or somebody said that part III be out around November.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

A lot of people I know did not like the "messianic" themes -- too heavy-handed. The rave scene where Morpheus gives his silly homily is one of the main targets of this attack. I think the film pumps up the savior motif deliberately, for at least 2 reasons: 1) the ending allows for the total deflation of the faith/providence theme. The look on Morpheus's face when Neo tells him there is no prophecy, and the Oracle is a program, is priceless. 2) The very thing that is supposed to show our difference from the machines -- our animality, our sexuality, etc etc -- turns out to be what makes us depressingly like them. This is why the celebration turns into this drone-like rave.

I can offer no defence for the most stupid line of the film ("I love you too damn much"), but I think a lot of the cheese can be pinned on individual characters and not the overall narrative.

Also, for those of you who are into spotting superstar intellectuals, the philosophy/cultural theory professor Cornell West (previously at Harvard, now at Princeton) had a brief appearance in the film. He played Councilman West during the council scene. I believe he was hired as a consultant on all the philosophy issues by the Wachowski brothers because they like his writings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:15 pm 

Mahatma wrote:
Thing about the architect, and even the rave scene that everyone is complaining about (rightly so), is that all of this might be part of another matrix, and therefore "unreal." How did Neo manage to stop the sentinels at the very end?

Hmmm, I think he just bailed when the sentinel became too many - Did the superman...

Flak jacket on :

And as for the Rave Scene and Morpheus's speech, Just a reflection of the current real world. Seeking help from a super power vs. using logic. Human vs.Machine - that' the difference ?

N6

N6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:33 pm 

Mahatma wrote:

Hmmm, I think he just bailed when the sentinel became too many - Did the superman...

Flak jacket on :

And as for the Rave Scene and Morpheus's speech, Just a reflection of the current real world. Seeking help from a super power and deriving incredible strength from that believe vs. using logic. Human vs.Machine - that' the difference?

N6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:21 pm 

I saw this on other Forum about matrix
[quote]And make sure you sit through ALL the endless, monotonous, mind numbing, life stealing credits. So you can watch the preview for the next Matrix Movie (it's after the credits)!

[/quote I wish I saw this earlier I could have preview DANG IT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

I watched the preview for the 3rd episode Revolutions. I wasn't worth the wait, if you ask me, so don't worry Sci. 4 songs, 10 minutes of credits, and just a 30 second preview. :x