It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:57 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Some stuff...
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:22 pm 
Site Admin

1. Why is "Home" the first link listed on the www.RedeemerInsanity.com home page? It's pointless right? I mean your already there if you can see it right? Isn't safe to get rid of that link being you're already on the page it points too?

2. I got a new CPU-fan in my gaming PC today which also happens to be the home of HOH. It's from a company called Speeze. It can be Google searched using "5F263B1M3". The fan itself is big but it only runs at around 2800RPM and is VERY quiet AND it has solved my CPU overheating problems. No more of me just disappearing without saying goodbye first. I even used the sticky gum type thermopaste that was already stuck on it and all is well. I got it at Axiontech for $13.00 (U.S.)

3. I think the Forum link on the home page should be moved to second from the top. I think the 1st link listed should be one called something like "ReadMe First" or "ReadMe Now Newbie!" I think it should give a long history of how this site came into being starting with SRA and ending with a crap load of suggestions like telling them which links have the info they will need to best enjoy the Redeemer Arena's. Why? For what reason? A newbie has no idea who Herm is. They won't know to go get our map packs for SRA and CG. It should be explained in this paragraph what SRA and CG stand for in the first place. Newbies don't know. Herm's Map Packs should be called CG Map Packs. Etc etc etc. This page should be huge and grand!!!

4. I think all of the Redeemer Arenas should mention this site at the end of the "Message of the Day" Newbies will see it, come here learn who we are and what they will need at a minumum to compete. It puts them on a more competitive and comfortable ground to start from. I think doing this, "making people comfortable" is the best way to keep newbies interested and then we hook em and reel them in to their mutigib destruction. Muhahahahaha! No really. I mean it. This is by far in my opinion the most important thing we can do to ensure this site and our arenas stay busy!

5. MAC.s don't really suck but they have to do better than they are now which is about twice as good as PC to ever get enough of the market to truly compete. Sorry. It had to be said. They need to cut the price in half and that still wouldn't be good enough though I'd go buy one right then.

6. UT2003 must be given every chance. It has some incredible graphics and all of that and yes it's different than UT but for good reason. It IS different. It will never "feel the same" so get over it. Don't wait for UT2004. If you can't make the jump to 2003, your won't even recognize 2004. It surely won't"feel like" UT. Get over it. Go buy it and come meet us on SRA 2003 Redeemer Arena as soon as possible. Clem has busted his butt and drank lots of milk to get his UT2003 Redeemer Arena mod working great for us. Buy the game and show up already. We're not asking anyone to trade in their UT CD for the new UT2K3 or anything.

7. Most of you know that I'll be out on vacation for the next few days. If CG crashes, it stays down till I get back which will be Sunday night. I'll try to put HOH up if CG crashes while I'm gone since I will have my HOH machine in my trunk.

That's about all I can think of right now. Wait! one more...

8. Everyone has my expressed permission to use any of my posted info for whatever reason they need from the SRA Forum. If you think it needs to be here, then please copy and paste it over. Blah blah and more blah legal talk.

OK, That's all. Later all!

PS: Spell Checker! Is there one here? We need a spell checker! I can't spell well. HELP!

Hermskii,

Post subject: Doh!
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

Scratch my number 1 above. Now I see why we have the Home link. It's only not visible on the forum but all of the other webpage links still show it. Ahhhh! Doh!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:08 pm 

nope

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:48 pm 

Ok here goes Nuttin.

1. The left frame(Navigation frame) never refreshes Herm. It's constant the entire time your in the site. I wanted to leave the option of going back to the home page open for whatever bizarre reason one might have. If everyone would lke to see it go it's easy enough to remove.

2. Why did you need a new fan. Hmmm. Maybe because the PC world cuts too many corners to sell you a DIRT CHEAP computer. :lol:

3. I'll keep all these suggestions in mind. I constantly go in and experiment with the way the site looks and feels and will try to make changes as quickly as possible whenever the group makes suggestions. Unfortunately That's only a few of the group. Come on now folks. The more feedback we get here the bette things will look. Damn Herm I just reread number three. Your a friggin slave driver. :lol:

4. I was gonna suggest the same thing.

5. Haven't the energy.

6. Don't you mean Unreal Quake Arena Tourney.

7. Enjoy your travels Hermskii

8. Ok. Hermskii's Bank account numbers are.......

What the hell am I still doing up. I was goingto go to bed a half hour ago and then i read this thread. 3AM ugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:28 am 
Site Admin

All great points, especially #5. But hey, let's not knock the computer of our website designer too hard ... :lol:

Post subject: Hermskii started it.
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 7:19 am 

Ok Herm wins the prize for being the first one to start the PC/Mac debate here on redeemer insanity. I don't see Pimp (Ponce) on the list of members so this debate will probably die here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: LOL!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:21 am 
Site Admin

Sir SRAMAXIMUS,

I'm so proud to be the one to start the debate and I'm even more happy that it might stop here. I didn't mean to sound like a slave driver but you did say you wanted input. I haven't pointed here from the message of the day on CG yet because it hasn't crashed in a while and I'm afraid to stop it to change the message of the day. I'll make the change next time I find that it has crashed. I'm leaving for out of town in an hour or so.

Hermskii,

Post subject: Re: LOL!
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 8:42 am 

Hermskii wrote:
Sir SRAMAXIMUS,

I'm so proud to be the one to start the debate and I'm even more happy that it might stop here. I didn't mean to sound like a slave driver but you did say you wanted input. I haven't pointed here from the message of the day on CG yet because it hasn't crashed in a while and I'm afraid to stop it to change the message of the day. I'll make the change next time I find that it has crashed. I'm leaving for out of town in an hour or so.

Have a safe trip Herm!

N6

PS: Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year. (Dunno who came up with this)

Post subject: cha cha cha cha changeeesssss.
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 10:30 am 

Ok Herm some of the changes you mentioned have been put into play. Thanks for the Input bro. Have a safe trip. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:18 am 
Site Admin

I have a better idea.

Instead of having a link back to home, which isn't that necessary if people know how to use the "Back" function in their browsers, why not put a link at the top of the BBS, so that people can easly go from the forum to the site? Alternatively, they could just erase everything after the "redeemerinsanity/" and get there too, but that is too low-tech! :lol:

Post subject: You guys call it.
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 11:50 am 

It's completely up to you guys. I can easily take it out. I don't use it either. Like Mah said that's what the browser buttons are for. I have redeemer insanity listed in my toolbar fav's as well so to jump back to the site from the forum isn't more than one click away either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:09 pm 

Mahatma wrote:
I have a better idea.

Instead of having a link back to home, which isn't that necessary if people know how to use the "Back" function in their browsers, why not put a link at the top of the BBS, so that people can easly go from the forum to the site? Alternatively, they could just erase everything after the "redeemerinsanity/" and get there too, but that is too low-tech! :lol:

Yes, we need a link from the BBS back to the website. I just have to figure out where in the code I have to place it. This board is written in PHP with included templates. Good idea Mah.

N6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 3:21 pm 

um guys when i clicked on the bbs forum link off of max's site i just hit the back button and it took me right back to max's just a suggestion

hottie