It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: edited copy of "HERE IS CLEM'S NEW REDEEMER MOD!! 5-17-
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 10:29 pm 

Location: atop the watch tower on Phobos Moon (North Carolina)
Mahatma
Professor of Poncegraphy, PhD
(5/17/03 8:23:14 am)
Reply Re: SSRA Answer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new version is out and can be downloaded from the first post in this thread!
Tweaked everything we were concerned about. Give it a shot!
<SRA>/v/ahatma

Kidcapri
Certified Vegemite
(5/19/03 2:02:02 pm)
Reply Gave it one more shot......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok.......First of all I have to say this. Clem has done a great job with the redeemer mod and making more to the liking of the masses. Good job and glad somebody out there took the bull by the horns and made it better than what it was.

With that out of the way I have to say I won't be playing the mod. Got on Schwantz's 2K3 server this weekend with the newest redeemer mod and still can't get into it. The spread fire has been the only real thing I seem to like about it......shoots fast and runs smooth. The hide and glide is what's pushing me away from it. I know others have beef with it but the tunnel vision plus the pause when the rocket hits an object just kills it for me.

My 2 cents....

|<idcapri

Hermskii
CG Admin Vegemite Boner
(5/19/03 5:07:33 pm)
Reply Sorry Kid, wrong answer. You are BANNED!
No really, you have to give it more time than a nights worth. UT2K3 is strange enough compared to UT. The Redeemer Arena will never be exactly the same which is actually sweet for many of us who never win anyway. Clem has done incredibly so be sure to give it plenty more effort before you call it quits. If I wasn't overheating and crashing every 5 minutes you'd see me there a lot more than you have. If you think this is a stretch of any sort, wait till you see what they do with UT2004. You better get used to 2003 while you can or you'll never be able to make the switch to UT2004. Hang in there Kid.

Hermskii

Kidcapri
Certified Vegemite
(5/20/03 8:05:06 am)
Reply Ok........one more shot
Woooohoooo! BBBBBBBBBaned in the USA. Death should have that pharse patented by now LOL. My statements about the redeemer stuff are not to be taken to heart by anybody.....for all I know I might be the only one that doesn't like it. And Clem please don't think any of this is a personal jab at your ego cause it is completely the opposite. I wish I knew how to tweak on stuff like that.

I'll give it another shot or 2 and see. I might just have my settings wrong for it.......who knows (had to reinstall 2k3 about a week ago due to some glitching).
I'll mess with it more tonight and decide after that. Sorry wasn't trying to make this thread a negative one.

Post subject: re: HERE IS CLEM'S NEW REDEEMER MOD!! 5-17-03!!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 11:07 pm 

Location: atop the watch tower on Phobos Moon (North Carolina)
thank you all for the comments. without them, I wouldn't know everything that needs to be changed to make the mutator better. not to worry, this mutator, in my opinion, is not done yet.

I definitely agree that the guiding is not quite there yet, and I have planned to work on it still.

I wasn't too concerned about the "tunnel vision" in the versions I've put out since there were more pressing needs that had to be addressed. now that some of the most pressing needs have been addressed, I'll have time to work on the lesser problems (like "tunnel vision").

"the pause when the rocket hits an object"
I thought the length of the pause has been shortened in the current version. can you describe a case where you feel it needs to be improved?

I read every comment you guys/gals post, so even though I may not have acted on a comment you provided, it's on my to do list. keep the comments coming so I know what I need to look into.

making this mutator isn't difficult at all, and I believe that anyone can learn to do it. I suppose the fact that I'm a programmer made this task a bit easier.

- clemmentine / Trinity.