It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Oh BIGI...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:43 pm 
Site Admin

Bigi,

I need to have some changes made to your mod. Can I have them made as long as the code stays clean and the readme continues to say all of the stuff it says now about everything that is being kept? Most of the mod will remain in tact. I just have a few things that need to get added/removed/tweaked. Please let me know. I'll be sending this to you by way of every way I know of to reach you. Later!

Hermskii,

Post subject: Contact!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:37 am 
Site Admin

Well, BIGI finally contacted me. He too has another kid now and has no time for this stuff right now. He may still make a few adjustments for me to the mod and if not, he has given me permission to have it tweaked for him. Later!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:15 am 

You could contact Chico at Excalibur and see if he'll share the mod they use over there. It also works nicely, fixes a few issues that Bigi's mod does not address, and the health maximum is 500 instead of the rather ridiculous 5000 that is currently in place on MHM. :cyclopsani:

Post subject: Cool
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:38 pm 
Site Admin

I may have to do that. Recall though that it can't say "Holy Sh*t" and I think Chico's does. The 5000 max is with health pick ups only. Otherwise, I think my max is 199 per player and I regenerate ammo slower than you can shoot it which I bet is more realistic than anywhere else. Health regen is slower too mannnnn. My server is harder than most other MH servers I think but I don't know since I don't play anywhere else really. Tell me more!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:15 pm 

There are advantages to both mods regarding health regeneration. On Chico's you get 10 HP for every monster you kill to a maximum of 500 HP. On your server you heal automatically until you get to 100.

On maps that have a number of health kegs lying about it's not uncommon for the players at MHM to hang around and take them all until their health maxes out at 5000. It seems you get all the MH newbies because of that, Herm. This slows down gameplay, and I've even seen players squabbling over the health kegs.

I've never ever heard the announcer say "Holy Sh!t!" on Chico's server.

One of the issues that was fixed in Chico's mod is the door bug on MH-Bluff. If the skaarj spawns too close to the door in the starting room, he will cause it to bounce closed again when the switch is thrown. That's the end of the game right there if that happens, because the switch can only be thrown once. They did something with Chico's mod that adjusts the way something called a "mover" works, so that the skaarj does not have any effect on the way the door opens. Other issues that I can't recall off hand have been fixed too.

I suggest you get the mod and try it out for a while. Then decide which you like better. :cyclopsani:

Post subject: Perfect
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:15 am 
Site Admin

Perfect. I will contact him then and give it a shot. Thanks Nameless. So, BTW, you think I should set max health from kegs to what? 500? 100?

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:55 pm 

Now there's a thought. If you make the maximum health possible as 500, then make each keg worth 500 HP also; the players will be forced to take one each and get going rather than camp out and wait to get up to 5000 HP by hogging them all. :cyclops:

Post subject: OK
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

OK, I will get around to changing that setting once I get the forum back up! Thanks for the input.

Hermskii,

Post subject: Changed
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:58 pm 
Site Admin

OK, I have just now made the changes since there were a few other things to do to the server. I have reduced start up health amount to 100. I have reduced health gain from keg from 5000 to 500. I have emailed Chico requesting the mod and left a message or 2 on his forum. I have not gotten a reply either way. Would you mind pressing him on this for me to give me the mod. What else do I need to do in your opinion? Thanks!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:22 pm 

I don't see any forum posts that you made, Herm. Are you sure you didn't end up at the old and now abandoned forum?

Here's where you want to be:

http://www.excalibur-holland.net/nuke/index.php

Don't use the shout box. The chatterboxes will push your posts there down too fast. ;)