It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: CG and MHM are down for a while
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

so far I have completely failed in my effort to upgrade my servers. They will be down for a few more weeks while I get a grip on things around here. My wife is 8 months pregnant and I have a 2 1/2 year old here too already. Work is running me and my wife hard so I just can't muster the time and effort to get the server back up yet. This is just an FYI out to all of you who were wondering. Later!

Hermskii,

Post subject: Re: CG and MHM are down for a while
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:08 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
so far I have completely failed in my effort to upgrade my servers. They will be down for a few more weeks while I get a grip on things around here. My wife is 8 months pregnant and I have a 2 1/2 year old here too already. Work is running me and my wife hard so I just can't muster the time and effort to get the server back up yet. This is just an FYI out to all of you who were wondering. Later!

Hurry up and clone yourself so that you can get it fixed and get back online faster :drunken: good luck !

take care

{§ÎR}Ã

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Sir Chef! Good picture too BTW. I'm trying to stick a XP-M 3000+ into my ABIT KT7A version 1.3 motherboard. I'm getting tired of chasing and reading and trying leads. I'm shocked I haven't accidentally blown the server to hell already. I even tried the famous Wire Pin Mod and failed yet didn't nuke PC somehow. The server is cornered in my garage by tons of furniture right now as I get the other baby room ready. Baby is due by C-Section on June 12th. I suspect I'll either fail and bring the server back up to original status in 2 weeks or I'll figure this out and it will be back up by Sunday 05-20-07. Later!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:37 am 

I'll see your server when it gets back up. I'll be patient while you attend to family matters.

Good luck with the new kid Herm!

-JB

Nevermore to grace the night....

Post subject: Success!
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

Success! Read what I put on another forum of people who were helping me. We have all been trying to do this for years and I finally did it tonight! See below:

I just wanted you all to be the first to know that I just did it! I know how, can and do run an XP-M 3000+ AMD processor on my ABIT KT7A version 1.3 motherboard! What is really exciting though is that though I have not done it just yet but I'm positive that I can do this on a pre 1.3 version of this motherboard as well! Not only that, I've learned how to unlock any AMD processor even if it is super-locked! I have learned lots in the last 2 weeks! The best part of all of this is you can do it all without modifiying your processor, or using pin mods or anything like that!

I can't wait to tell you all about it but tomorrow night is the final testing for this for me and then I'll post everything. It was sorta hard to learn how to do and I searched for hours each night, chasing down leads and hunting for impossible to find required files but it all boils down to this: You can run almost any XP processor on any version of a ABIT KT7A mobo under certain and usually easy to meet conditions. More later! By the way, just to drive this home to you about how excited I am right now. I have a KT7A in my hot garage right now running a XP-M 3000+ on stock air and my cpu temp is 38C. I haven't even begun to overclock it yet! More on this soon. Later!

CG and MHM will be back up this Sunday night!

Hermskii,

Post subject: Liar!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:29 am 
Site Admin

So I lied. CG won't be up today (Sunday), like I thought because I still have more work and testing to complete. I thought I'd finish it last night but HBO had boxing so I watched it, got drunk and fell asleep instead. Now it may have to wait until next week. I just wanted to mention it to you all.

Hermskii,

Post subject: Double Liar
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:12 pm 
Site Admin

I lied again apparently! CG and MHM are back up right now. I went ahead and restored to original config and will continue testing on a 2nd KT7A mobo that I have. I can run a XP-M 3000+ on this board at full speed but it isn't nearly stable enough to run the server...YET!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:16 am 

Since all 3 HOH servers have been down for a while, I assume that the long anticipated upgrade work has begun.

When you get a chance, could you let us know how the work is progressing?