It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Server locator tab problem
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:17 pm 

Hi everyone,

I have been having a problem re-locating servers after their IPs change. My deathmatch tab and other tabs keep timing out with no responses. I checked my game PC's software firewall and the hardware firewall and nothing appears to be blocked.

Its been many many years since I originally installed UT and signed up for an online gaming site. I no longer remember for sure who that was with, but thought it was game spy and have a password for them.

These 3 lines show up in UnrealTournament.ini and make it look like there are several master servers:

ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=unreal.epicgames.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master0.gamespy.com MasterServerPort=27900
ServerActors=IpServer.UdpServerUplink MasterServerAddress=master.mplayer.com MasterServerPort=27900

Does anybody know if one of these has changed names or closed or something that would cause it to fail to respond.

Any help would be appreciated.

My fav's list no longer has any servers with active IPs and I am going to through kill withdrawl.

Thanks.

Post subject: Never mind
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:42 pm 

I put a sniffer on the line and found the problem. Didn't think about the WEB Ad filter. It didn't like something in there.

All better now, except CG and MEAT is down, and something is killing Kids ping.

Must find something to kill.

Later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:09 pm 

Hi jimm glad you got it sorted just thought i would let you know that both hermskii's (CG & HOH) and meats are down my end too and kids pings a little higher here...

Post subject: Re: Never mind
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:09 pm 

Jimm400 wrote:
I put a sniffer on the line and found the problem. Didn't think about the WEB Ad filter. It didn't like something in there.

All better now, except CG and MEAT is down, and something is killing Kids ping.

Later

I just check Meat and CG are up.
Didn't we have this problem with server before?
Check this out to see it same for you guys

[UBrowser.UBrowserFavoritesFact]
Favorites[0]=Curious George's Redeemer Insanity (CG)\68.206.52.104\7758\False
Favorites[1]=MEAT'S Redeemer Screamer\67.161.62.156\7758\False

I can't remember want it was that was wrong we lost some of server before. I found patch and one Fatz clan it something UT ini. or preferences you can change either ture to false or other way around .

U see I use this " If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!

PS I don't remeber where I put that patch or I didn't save it :angryfire: sorry guys'
And I look at old post from ezboards I couldn't find it :angryfire:

Post subject: Some answers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Jim, the mplayer master server is no longer but it is ok that it is still listed. It doesn't hurty anything. I had a pwerout due to storms on Saturady so the servers were down. They are up now. MEAT is down again but I don't know why yet.

By the way, there are 2 tools you need like everyone here. (Google them)

1. EavyServerBrowser - This make this list that shows you the server fill up in like 10-15 instead of a minute or 2. I love this one and it comes in a easy to use umod.

2. UTCheck - this is a quick and easy tool to use that allows you to see who is playing on all of your favorite servers without having to start up UT to see. I love this tool too but you have to have the servers you want to see already in the favorites list in the game.

Hermskii,

Post subject: Re: Some answers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:19 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
Hey Jim, the mplayer master server is no longer but it is ok that it is still listed. It doesn't hurty anything. I had a pwerout due to storms on Saturady so the servers were down. They are up now. MEAT is down again but I don't know why yet.

By the way, there are 2 tools you need like everyone here. (Google them)

1. EavyServerBrowser - This make this list that shows you the server fill up in like 10-15 instead of a minute or 2. I love this one and it comes in a easy to use umod.

2. UTCheck - this is a quick and easy tool to use that allows you to see who is playing on all of your favorite servers without having to start up UT to see. I love this tool too but you have to have the servers you want to see already in the favorites list in the game.

That was I was talking about was this
I just copy what Herm type.
Thanks Herm I just couldn't remember the name i Look for it but couldn't find it . :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Herm Save the Day

Here is link http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... owser.umod

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:25 am 

You could also use all seeing eye made by yahoo i use this now instead of ut check mine stopped updating ages ago and one other called ut spy......

Post subject: Re: Some answers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:31 am 

Hermskii wrote:

I can't check the servers with UTcheck (the browser freezes as soon as I run a servers scan and the only thing I can do is close UTcheck...!?)

With "All seeing eye", I can't see all the servers !?... Must be my version of this program is "Almost seeing eye" ?... :bom:

Post subject: True
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:31 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, UT Check no longer functions if you search for servers through it but what you can do is like I said.

Start the game. Add whatever servers you like to your favorites.

Stop the game.

Start UT-Check and now you should see all of your favorite servers listed. Let me know if you don't and I'll show you how to fix that too. Later!

Hermskii,