It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Recovering Windows XP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:56 am 
Site Admin

Hey all! I ran into some trouble while overclocking my PC. I came across a fix that I'm sure will help someone here someday so I'm posting it. I hope if it saves you like it saved me and that you will mention it here. This works a whole lot better than having to do a full reinstall and takes less than a quarter of the time. Here is a huge document I made that pretty much says it all but I want to be clear. This is a last ditch effort to recover a system that boots but won't even let you log in before it makes you reboot or just simply crashes. Here it is:

Before you read anymore PRINT THIS NOW. To use these instructions you must have the following at your fingertips or you will fail:

1. A Windows XP CD that matches the version on your computer meaning if you run XP Pro, then have an XP Pro CD on hand. If it is XP Home then have an XP Home CD on hand. I don’t think it matters if you have upgraded to SP2 since you initially installed your CD that may have been a pre SP1 version or even an SP1 version. Just make sure that Pro is for Pro and Home is for Home.

2. You MUST know the “Administratorâ€

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:02 am 

WOW Herm

Sounds like you had a fun time with that :mumum:

I've also had this error, in my case it was a new expansion card that didn't have a XP ceritfied driver ( graphics card ).

Glad you were able to fix the problem! Thank God for system restore :cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:58 am 

:idea: umm why didnt you just reset the cmos? that would have fixed the overclocking...

im a :cheers: weener!

Post subject: Did
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

I did clear the CMOS and that didn't work.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:35 pm 

OUCH !

It least it didn't take two week fix .
It took me that or long more............................

It had to do SP2 of windows.
Had uninstall SP2 and reinstall and all hotfixes which ( Day and half with DSL)
Betwewn JArg And Skank ( any esle that help me too) hard work got me back up

Post subject: Point
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:31 pm 
Site Admin

The point is this: Using this process can fix lots more problems than just this one that I had. At some point one of you are going to be at the point of losing every single thing on your PC and I hope you might remember this and try it out. I'm just hoping it helps somebody like it has helped me already TWICE! I hate that this happened to me but I hope to learn and help others from it thus turning my frown upside down! Awwwwww!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:19 pm 

I would print but I wouldn't clue how do that.
I have to say I am learning. I know put hard driver in computer with Jarg :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Help .

If this does happen I be calling someone.

PS Few night my computer run at night it get restore point.
This is one reason I bought this computer for that.

Post subject: Re: Point
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:09 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
The point is this: Using this process can fix lots more problems than just this one that I had. At some point one of you are going to be at the point of losing every single thing on your PC and I hope you might remember this and try it out. I'm just hoping it helps somebody like it has helped me already TWICE! I hate that this happened to me but I hope to learn and help others from it thus turning my frown upside down! Awwwwww!

Matbe you should sticky the post, it is handy info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:47 pm 

Windows XP USB Stick Edition

Ever want to boot up into Windows XP via a USB memory key? Well, now you can.

This is a miniature version of Win XP Just enough to get your up and running so you can restore from backup, access your files, or do whatever you have to do.
Instructions are inside!

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/13887039/Windows.XP.USB.Stick.Edition.rar.html

This is also nice for going through the bosses computer when you don't know the password. :blackeye:

Some say this is painfully slow. Well it is a 2.0bus not a hardrive but its only 60mb too. If you have any amount of ram it should work just fine. So its pleanty small enough to let your flash drive hold the USB versions of Nero and firefox as well. Just incase you want to brun something while your there or surf the web an leave no fingerprints on the computer.

==============================================

THE BEST APLICATION EVER FOR PORTABLE USE ON LOCKED OS NO NEED TO INSTALL ANYTHING JUST RUN *.EXE AND YOU HAVE A BURNING STORM

NO install or waiting just click and try,take it to anywhere… Move it to a usb stick or your email box,and it will be always with you! This is the main Nero app trimmed and compressed down to 12 MB and does not include StartSmart, CoverDesigner, Wave Editor, etc

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/8265845/N7.2.0.3b_Port.exeNero 7.0.2.3 Portable USB Edition 

==============================================

Portable Firefox 2.0

Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured web browser that’s easy to use. It has lots of great features including popup-blocking, tabbed-browsing, integrated search, improved privacy features, automatic updating and more. Plus, thanks to the PortableApps.com launcher bundled in Mozilla Firefox - Portable Edition, it leaves no personal information behind on the machine you run it on, so you can take your favorite browser along with all your favorite bookmarks and extensions with you wherever you go…

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/8615459/Portable_FireFox_v2.0.rar

RAR Pass: qwerty

Enjoy, Skank :pirate:

PS: These links won't last forever.

Post subject: Cool!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Cool! OK, I got the XP on a stick but I don't understand what to do with it. Do I need to run something? Do I plug it in a box and boot to it? I didn't see any instructions but found a CD code for it. Is there a setup? Ineed more info!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:15 pm 

Just jump in your bios and set the flash drive as the firrst place to check. just ahead of the cd/dvd players, etc.
Its so easy its amazing. Let me know how you like it brother.
I also have a copy of "windows live" it operates soley from the cd drive and ram. When you end up in the stew as often as I have you pick up many tools.

At work I run a 250GB hardrive as "C" and an extra 250GB as "D" that is an exact clone of "C". If all is well, at the end of each month I erase "D" and clone "C" again. When "C" gives me any trouble I reboot and enter bios, change the boot sequance to "D" before "C" and all is well again. Then its time to reformate "C" an clone "D" over it.

Hardrives are cheap, software is cheap or free, frustration of a boogered up computer "Priceless"

Enjoy, Skank :pirate:

Post subject: Firefox
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

I was well on my way to getting all three but had to wait since I wasn't a premium member. The Firefox got away before I got it. Did you get it? If so, I'd like a copy of it please. You could just upload it to rapid share and send me the link. This place is awesome. Free uploads and as many as you want? Amazing!

Like I said, I didn't find the directions for the XP Drive but I did figure it worked as you said it does. I'm going out to buy another thumb drive just for these three apps to ride around on it. The firefox portion is very cool too. The burner won't be used much but will help in a pickle.

How do you browse to see what they have on Rapidshare.

Hermskii,

Post subject: Rapid Share stuff
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:37 pm 

I kept trying to PM you with some Rapidshare stuff but the foroum kekt giving me crap about a bug and not sending it. ;-(

Post subject: Got it.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:15 pm 
Site Admin

I got your PM. Thanks!

Hermskii,