It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Cleaning at the House of Hermskii Forum
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

Here is a mass email I sent to all House of Hermskii Forum members today. "Note that this pertains to my forum and not this one." Some former members won't get it so I'm posting it here so they can see what may have happened to their account on the House of Hermskii Forum:

Hello!

Due to massive spamming of the forum recently by automated bots which are still able to create false accounts I am having to do some clean up again. This time I'm nuking all accounts that either have never posted or haven't posted since 2005 or before. If you want to keep your account and you're sure this cleaning method might delete you just log in to the forum and say hi then get out or email me and ask me to leave you there though it would be easier I think for you to simply reregister. I have a tool that tells me when the last time was that each user logged in and how many times they have posted. I have already nuked several accounts today even though I recognize the names due to never posting. If you got this email, then you aren't one of the ones I nuked as only members get mass emailings like this one. I'll eventually nuke any account that has a bad email address too so please send me your new email address if it has changed and you haven't updated your profile on the server. This is indicated to me as well since when I send a mass email to all members like this one, the bad email address members get sent back to me as undelivered. Later!

Hermskii,