It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: If you can stand it...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:00 pm 
Site Admin

If you can stand it, I hope everyone gets a look at this especiailly the small book I wrote at the end. Much of it was directed at one person and lots of other stuff was directed at the masses. I hope I didn't go off kilter but I want everyone to know that the main direction I want my servers to go is towards FUN. I haven't pulled the Grand Bupau Overlord card out in a long time you must admit but I want to bring it back home to many people that UT is for fun as far as my servers go and not so much raw competition. If you have 1/2 and hour, please read this and reply. If I'm all fudged up let me know. I'm wrong often and I know it but sometimes I just need a good slapping around. Yes Skank. I know you're there and willing but I'm not talking about for pleasure. LOL. I hope you all have a great day. Here is the link: Later!

http://hermskii.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=300

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:00 am 

Schwantz's server never had too many small maps on it. Most of them were the larger Deck maps. It's a pity Meat didn't get to play there in its heyday; back when all the old regs were around, and would force you keep your wits about you. Those guys used to mix Meat's style of play with some precision spraying, depending on where they spawned. And there was no praying involved in their spraying. They sprayed the spawn points, and would make their kills efficiently. There was no randomness involved at all.

I'm tired tonight, and cannot rack my brains for most of the names of those players. But they were well rounded players, and deadly. I knew I was doing well when I could claw my way up to 3rd place on a consistant basis against those guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:48 pm 

a nameless entity wrote:
Schwantz's server never had too many small maps on it. Most of them were the larger Deck maps. It's a pity Meat didn't get to play there in its heyday; back when all the old regs were around, and would force you keep your wits about you. Those guys used to mix Meat's style of play with some precision spraying, depending on where they spawned. And there was no praying involved in their spraying. They sprayed the spawn points, and would make their kills efficiently. There was no randomness involved at all.

I'm tired tonight, and cannot rack my brains for most of the names of those players. But they were well rounded players, and deadly. I knew I was doing well when I could claw my way up to 3rd place on a consistant basis against those guys.

Oh yeah ! some of those jokers were awesome.... Torp, KB, Bodacious,maximus ,|)eath,and Deadman walking were all great players. Deadman was too tough ! and he was on a laptop and dial up LMAO! those were some good times, there was some fun times on there and CG's, it wasn't about the competition, or not like MEAT is trying to do, more of an unspoken thing. Sure everyone likes to win, when you did it was great and even if you didn't you still laughed you're ass off at all the goofball antics. :clown: GG's and goodtimes .....isn't that what this mods Really about?? It just isn't the same anymore, it's harder and harder for folks to find the time to play, some have moved on to other things or other games. And some are burned out on the game/mod. Me, well, I got cookin to do !! thats on the front burner right now plus I keep meaning to make Herm and |<id some err... umm....special brownies LOL !

later all,

Iron Chef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:15 pm 

I must say from a bystander point of view and i dont play 99 that much nowdays and i was never as good as most of the players here and dont take this the wrong way but i do think MEAT seems to have his head stuck up his arse ffs remember its a game why keep giving people crap if they dont wanna go 1 v 1 most ppl play "games" to relax not get sh!t from someone,
You may be "good" at the game but dont keep rubbing ppls faces in it you will find more ppl would want to play.

Default Uk disclaimer

This post isnt designed to piss anyone off just as a little reminder that IT'S JUST A GAME CHILL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:33 pm 

I appreciate the bias opinion from people that don't play well enough to compete at my level.
And I'm willing to teach anyone if they want to get better?
Fun is key and I've stated that from day one.
And the whole purpose for 1 on 1 matches and tournaments is for fun and it's also to compete against better players
and at the same time take the Redeemer and also show players a different aspect of the game.
There is nothing wrong in 1 on 1 challenge matches we see it all the time and you play it all the time when
there is only two of you in a map....yes, that would be considered a match...sports and games are like that.
This was the first attempt to make it somewhat official and to change everyones daily routine.
The problem is people are set in there ways and hate change for the most part...you see that everyday with people.
And there is nothing wrong with people staying the same, but it's very frustrating for those like me that want
to get better and who want to improve on what we have here and who want to think outside the box.
As for having official 1 on 1 matches, 2-man team tournaments and making this a gaming site I'm over it.
But think about all those that don't play here anymore because they got bored of the same old game over and over.
I do and I wanted the change....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:15 pm 

MEAT wrote:
Quote:
The problem is people are set in there ways and hate change for the most part...you see that everyday with people.
And there is nothing wrong with people staying the same, but it's very frustrating for those like me that want
to get better and who want to improve on what we have here and who want to think outside the box.

Umm. I am not trying to be mean or anything but the comment above pretty much describes you, MEAT. You are dead set that bigger maps are better and that your style is superior, if I read you correctly. Again, not intending to flame ya, but can you see this as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:57 am 

Don't get me wrong I was a sprayer from day one. We all were and most of us still are.
And we had to be when playing in the smaller maps.
Especially when the maps are full of people.
And I spray my ass off still when I'm at CG.
And the only good sprayer, as you know, is the one that would get the almighty spot.
I'm just saying I think we could do more with the Redeemer then to spray it.

Did you just walk in Jarg?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:22 pm 

Not just walked in, but been away for a while :blackeye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:05 pm 

Welcome back buddy now lets play !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:33 am 

Quote:
I appreciate the bias opinion from people that don't play well enough to compete at my level

Im not sure many people would want to be at that "level" if it made them as big headed as yourself.

I dont think saying your at a high level with the redeemer mod is much tbh if you want a challenge why not try normal DM or perhaps Bin its alot faster and im sure it would give someone with your "High" skill level more of a challenge,
Or is it just the redeemer mod your good at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:36 pm 

lol....of course I am good at all UT mods/games....duh

Last edited by MEAT on Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:23 pm 

MEAT wrote:
lol....of course I good at all UT mods/games....duh

Ooops .....wouldn't that be "I am good at all UT mods/games ... DUH" !

Come on!! MEAT check that english/grammer if you're going to make war with the English redeemer folks LMAO !Sheesh ! ................Ok thread jack over!

Iron Chef - reel goodly cooker and spellur LOL :drunken:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:33 pm 

I stand corrected and have corrected.
It's just not easy typing with a beer in one hand and the Redeemer in the other.
Enough out of you pizza boy...lol

Pick on MEAT night...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:55 am 

MEAT wrote:
I stand corrected and have corrected.
It's just not easy typing with a beer in one hand and the Redeemer in the other.
Enough out of you pizza boy...lol

Pick on MEAT night...lol

Ahhh yes, speaking of pizza, I bought a 10 x 1 round deep dish pan yesterday at out local restaurant supply store....I can't wait to play around with that and maybe do some sicilian pizzas !! :bounce: love this time of year, nice and cool for baking!

Da Pizza Chef

Post subject: Iron Chef
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

I loved the Iron Maiden Art! No, that doesn't mean send it to me or send links. It is just good freaky art! How are you doing chef? Answer that on a different thread. Let's let this one go away now. I think we all including myself got a little too carried away and I think everything is pretty much all better now. BIG HUG!

Hermskii,

Last edited by Hermskii on Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.