All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Kinda OT: My new toy.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:26 am 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6889102101

Was it expensive?
Yes.
Is it worth the money?
YES!

If you folks are interested in HDTV and a new computer monitor, I think that you would be hard pressed to find something better. This thing is AMAZING!
I hooked cable to it. The picture was good, but not great. I then hooked up a little amplified set of rabbit ears... I can pick up HDTV signals. HOLY $#!* That is SUWEEEET! I can get around 10 channels!
I expect my new HDTV antenna to arrive Friday. :cheers: I should be able to pick up signals from surrounding states because digital signals travel a lot further than analog.

IF you plan on getting one, the key factor is contrast ratio. This was the deciding factor for me with this TV. Most have a ratio of between 800:1 through 1500:1. This puppy is 5000:1. It is amazing.
BTW, UT looks INCREDIBLE on a 32" screen :cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:35 pm 

Must take a lot of room up on your desk. :albino:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:34 pm 

I been look for LCD TV and LCD moniter but save money for it and who know it be cheap time I can one in 2 years.
LCD Moniter I was told get 2 different ones Gateway ratio of 1000:1 HD http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 5466651583
and other is LG without hd http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 5466651583

LCD TV I only get 27 inch my TV stand hold more

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:43 am 

Scify, for a little more ($649.99) you can get a MUCH better monitor with a better ratio.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6889102055
But I suggest getting a monitor with an ATSC (HDTV) tuner built in.

Let me put this in perspective. You know those AWESOME Apple monitors? Mine looks just as good picturewise and it is a TV. Read the customer reviews for the Samsung products. They are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:40 pm 

I hope in 2008 I be in better shape to buy something like. I am save money for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:20 am 

Scify wrote:
I hope in 2008 I be in better shape to buy something like. I am save money for it.

By then it will wire free too
Quote:
Cut the cord on HD

Wireless Hi-Def is just around the corner. The latest HDMI gear means all your kit could be cable-free by November.

The wireless brainwave comes from Tzero Technologies and Analog Devices, and means with one box at your video source, and another behind the telly, you’ll be cable-free in a jiffy.

It’s the first time a wireless HDMI setup has been made to conform to the stringent quality standards set up by Panasonic, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, and Sony, and means there’s a link reliability of at least 95% between devices, with an error rate of less than 1 in one hundred million.

That’s the sort of quality control we love, and means the new system’s guaranteed to avoid interference from microwaves and cordless phones, as well as coping with three or more HD streams over 10 meters. That’s enough for all but the most palatial of living rooms.

There’s no pricing yet, but Tzero says the kit will start to go on sale in November. Even better, it’s tempting manufacturers with cut price components to provide wireless inside their products from the off.

Apparently, with adoption by manufacturers, a wireless setup could add as little as £50 to the total cost of a telly or DVD player. That certainly beats splashing out on expensive and unsightly cables.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:00 pm 

I have too soon by new TV do to fact mine 14 years old . If I don't use don't leave on VCR TV won't pick up cable channel at all any more. :drunken: At least it not making noise my sister TV that was 13 years old.She or My brother- in- lawcouldn't hear it. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: It drove me nuts