It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Second Season Doc. Who YES!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:33 am 

SCI FI Channel and BBC Worldwide Americas announced a major licensing agreement for SCI FI to air the second season of the hit British SF series Doctor Who in the United States. The series will return to SCI FI on Sept. 29, kicking off with a two-hour premiere that will include the "Christmas Invasion" special in which David Tennant is introduced as the 10th Time Lord.

Billie Piper returns as the Doctor's feisty young companion, Rose Tyler, and together they will travel through time and space battling new and returning aliens and monsters.

Chris Regina, vice president of programming, SCI FI Channel, said in a statement: "Our audience has clearly embraced Doctor Who, and it has delivered a significant increase in viewers in the time period. We are looking forward to keeping the momentum going with David Tennant as the new Doctor."

Executive producer and lead writer Russell T Davies said in a separate statement: "We were delighted by the first season's success in the U.S. and can promise new thrills, new laughs, new heartbreak and some terrifying new aliens in season two."

Executive-produced by Davies and Julie Gardner, the second season of Doctor Who was the most popular program on Saturday nights when it aired on BBC One in the United Kingdom to critical acclaim.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.ph ... 2&id=37456

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:43 am 

They seemed to have upped the production quality for the second season. Most of the story lines were really good. Tennant does a good job in the role. Yes, you do get to see K-9 this go round, with an added extra. The season finale "Doomsday" really pissed me off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:30 pm 

Yup K9 and his mistress are back this season but dont expect to see them for too long ......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:22 pm 

Mortis wrote:
They seemed to have upped the production quality for the second season. Most of the story lines were really good. Tennant does a good job in the role. Yes, you do get to see K-9 this go round, with an added extra. The season finale "Doomsday" really pissed me off.

I liked it. Can't give away any spoilers, but I think it puts Rose's and the Doctor's relationship in perspective. Also, the villains (no spoilers) were AWESOME!