It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Battlestar Galactica
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

When is the new season goint to start? It seems like it's been forever since I watched it.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:41 pm 

Season Three Oct 6 2006
http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:26 pm 

I am rewatching the series to get ready for the new season. I am betting that it will be the best yet!

Post subject: Cool
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks. I'm anxious. The final show last season was simply awesome but I'm still very tired of the cylons having the edge all of the time and not taking out the humans. It's like they are toying with the human race.

The battlestars need to get busy and the writers need to even the playing field somehow. Make the damn cylons detectable already for instance. Try to get even more clothes off the babes in this series too!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:16 pm 

OH MY GOD !!!
You guys are NERDS !!!

But I do like the part about getting more clothes off the babes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:46 pm 

MEAT wrote:
OH MY GOD !!!
You guys are NERDS !!!

But I do like the part about getting more clothes off the babes.

Why U think my name is Scify. I like Scifi. I watch Star Terk I was kid and I was teenager was Star wars. Some guys in High School was't nerds who talk About this Show. Again I anit a guy :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors:

Anyone like Scifi anit no Nerds :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:13 am 

No need to defend scifi.
I like scifi.......when it's done right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:00 pm 

Hey Jarg Have you try use Toonami Jetstream.
I try link I can never get on it . here link http://www.toonamijetstream.com/
If you useing Firefox and netscape it hard to use.
Have you to watch Naruto Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:21 am 

No, I have not seen this before, Sci. I will give it a shot this weekend.

MEAT, If you have not watched the new Battlestar Galactica, then let me affirm that it IS done right. Some have even proclaimed it the best series on TV. The problem is that you really need to watch it up to the current season so as you will not be lost.

Herm, I think that the toying idea is kinda part of the whole idea. Really, the Cylons could have easily wiped out the human race way before now. BUT I have a theory. (WARNING! This is totally from the brain cells of a deranged man. Your milage may vary)
If I were the Cylons, I would WANT the humans to lead me to Earth. Nuke the planet and be done with it.
The whole show is an alegory for religeous themes. Think about the 12 Coloneys = The 12 tribes of Judea.
Lost wandering in the wilderness looking for a home.
!!!SPOILER WARNING!!! DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO WATCH THE SHOW AND HAVE NOT STARTED! IF YOU ARE CURRENT, THEN YOU ARE OKAY!
Now the humans "appear" to be in what could be described as a concentration camp on New Caprica. See what I mean? To me (and this is my brain, not confirmed cannon from the writers) it seems that the humans symbolize the nation of Israel. The Cylons appear to be a combination of the Phareses (sp), nazis, and even radical Islamic. Now I may be reading too much into this, BUT did you know that the original BSG was patterned after the Mormon faith?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestar_Galactica#Religious_and_mythological_references
And check out what the word Adama means in Hebrew.

That is why I like this show. It has depth where other television falls flat.

My .02

Post subject: Too much Narato!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:16 am 

Hey Scify,

Saw you post something about Narato to Jarg. Got bored one night and hit up Toonami/Adult Swim sites just to see what cartoons they had out since I don't get the good cable channels and saw Narato listed up. Went searching to see if there was any episodes around on the net and low and behold I found the motherload over at www.youtube.com. Needless to say they are all fansubs which ya have to read thru but that has never bothered me before needless to say. So far in about a 6+month span I've watch 198 episodes of that cartoon. Yeah its got your usual Jap cheese to go along with the story but the fighting keeps it pretty damn interesting.

Another one I found that was fairly interesting was Eureka Seven. More along the lines of giant robot stuff but seems to keep me interested never the less. Also found on youtube.

There are a few others I've only seen an episode or two of like Samari Champloo and good ole Robot Chicken (some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time) but in general I've seen most of the stuff they have listed at the Adult Swim site as far as Action cartoons are concerned. Great way to kill time considering I seem to have way too much of that stuff on my hands.

Looks like I'll have to go digging for the Battlestar Galatica stuff and see what the new stuff is all about. Haven't had the luxary of watching any of the new stuff but y'all seem pretty pumped about it so I guess I'll have to go check out an episode or two.

Cheers!

|<idcapri

Post subject: Too much Narato!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:16 am 

Hey Scify,

Saw you post something about Narato to Jarg. Got bored one night and hit up Toonami/Adult Swim sites just to see what cartoons they had out since I don't get the good cable channels and saw Narato listed up. Went searching to see if there was any episodes around on the net and low and behold I found the motherload over at www.youtube.com. Needless to say they are all fansubs which ya have to read thru but that has never bothered me before needless to say. So far in about a 6+month span I've watch 198 episodes of that cartoon. Yeah its got your usual Jap cheese to go along with the story but the fighting keeps it pretty damn interesting.

Another one I found that was fairly interesting was Eureka Seven. More along the lines of giant robot stuff but seems to keep me interested never the less. Also found on youtube.

There are a few others I've only seen an episode or two of like Samari Champloo and good ole Robot Chicken (some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time) but in general I've seen most of the stuff they have listed at the Adult Swim site as far as Action cartoons are concerned. Great way to kill time considering I seem to have way too much of that stuff on my hands.

Looks like I'll have to go digging for the Battlestar Galatica stuff and see what the new stuff is all about. Haven't had the luxary of watching any of the new stuff but y'all seem pretty pumped about it so I guess I'll have to go check out an episode or two.

Cheers!

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:05 pm 

I Like Naruto. He was kid nobody like , no Family at all, and then he found out he had evil nine tail fox seal in side him.That why nobody like him. The are time he act so stupid. Then he out fox these people who lot stronger and lot smarter.That Toomina Jetstream.com Have some Amina that Aldutswim don't have and New Zoids shows.

Post subject: The only thing better is...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Warning Kidcapri. If you can help it, watch the first several shows of the very first season and then just keep watching knowing that it continues to get better. Note also that there are lots of quaint differences too like in the new version Starbuck is a girl and I actully prefer her to the original. The actress really places her part very well.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:11 am 

Also, you will note that the acting on the series is top notch, ESPECIALLY Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell.
They are all out on DVD so I would bet you could rent the series. If you do, let us know what ya think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:14 pm 

I just realize this person on BSG
Image Image

WHO IS SHE?