It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: For Brother {FAH} (Off Topic)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:38 am 

Okay. Windows XP has been out now for what? 5 or 6 years?

Here are the Tuesday patches that were released:
#1. A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

#2. A security issue has been identified in the Windows Kernel that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

#3. A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

#4. A security issue has been identified in DNS Resolution that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

#5. A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

#6. A security issue has been identified in the Server service that could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

Wait... I'm not done yet...
#7. A security issue has been identified that could allow an attacker to remotely compromise your Windows-based system using a vulnerability in HTML Help and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer

And of course, the Malicious Software Removal Tool.
#8. After the download, this tool runs once to check your computer for infection by specific, prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom) and helps to remove any infection found. If an infection is found, the tool will display a status report the next time you start your computer. A new version of the tool will be offered every month. If you want to manually run the tool on your computer, you can download a copy from the Microsoft Download Center or run an online version from microsoft.com. This tool is not a replacement for an anti-virus product. To help protect your computer, you should use an anti-virus product.

I am just amazed....

I hear that Microsoft has "challenged" all hackers to try and hack into the Vista beta release out there. This is a pretty gutsy move on Microsoft and fairly smart. If the hackers do find the holes, Microsoft can fix it before it is released. Of course, any smart hacker will wait till everyone has it loaded on their computers...

Oh, Max. Is it true that Jobs may not be in charge of Apple for much longer? What are the stockholders thinking?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:35 am 

There were also two patches for Microsoft office, an update for "Windows Defender", a cumulative update for Internet Explorer, and an update for Microsoft Outlook Express. (I don't use OE any more, but what the hell.)

Twelve in all, for me yesterday. :blackeye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:18 pm 

What about new I .E. beta 7. Is it any good or just wait when they finish with it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:59 am 

a nameless entity wrote:
There were also two patches for Microsoft office, an update for "Windows Defender", a cumulative update for Internet Explorer, and an update for Microsoft Outlook Express. (I don't use OE any more, but what the hell.)

Twelve in all, for me yesterday. :blackeye:

Hey nameless you may want to drop windows defender it hogs all your back up resources by making between 5-20 a day depending how much you use the puter theres a topic somewhere about it wil try to find it and post the link for you.

Ps if you aint used the new ewido scanner give it a try it found a few problems on my system in old files so they had been on and missed by previous scanners

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:56 pm 

Thanks for the headsup on Defender. I'll be interested to read about it.

I have Ewido version 4.0, thanks. It's good. :cherry:

Also good is the new v.2.0 of A-squared. It actually finds stuff now! :cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:28 am 

OK i found the link for ya

http://www.webuser.co.uk/forums/showfla ... Post295055

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:50 pm 

ty, I'm going to uninstall it. :drunken:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:18 pm 

Haven't heard anything about Jobs Jarg. As far as all the other windows shat goes I'm going to plead the 5th

By the way where did you get that avatar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:54 am 

I find that this site has a good selection, and I get most of mine here.
http://www.avatarcentral.com/avatars/free-avatars.php

It is on page 3 under Assorted Avatars.

Remember those female avatars I used to use? They are all here. Some more risque than the ones I used. :cheers: