It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Kidcapri Report
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:19 pm 
Site Admin

What up Kid? New IP? Server down? Upgrades!!! What?

Hermskii,

Post subject: Sorry been having problems with Timer Warner and a Nic Card
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:06 pm 

Hey Herm,

Been having some issues with Time Warner/RR lately. My download speeds have been going all over the board lately hince the reason the server is down ATM. Usually my cable connection has been a fairly steady 4.6-4.8mb down but recently its been been dropping down to 200-800k periodcally. Trying to get that resolved ASAP.

Then to top it off the network card in the server box took a dump on me so I had to replace it with one I had laying around the house. It has been replaced and seems to work just fine now. Should have the server back up this evening (Friday late afternoon/night) but not sure how long the other situation will take to pan out on the Time Warner/RR end. The Upload speeds are rock solid (360K range which is normal) so the server performance shouldn't be hindered much if any in that aspect. Don't think the IP has changed as far as I know (haven't checked it lately) so if its still not showing by say tomorrow morning then check the deathmatch tab just in case.

Thanks for the concern and hope all will be well soon!

|<idcapri

Post subject: Same
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Kidcapri,

Your IP is the same. The server is up again. Holy Crap!!! You get 4+ mb download speeds. I think I got 3.2 at best but haven't checked lately. Sweet for you. Good luck working out the rest of the stuff you have to look at still.

My only real issue now is my server won't turn itself back on after a power loss. It will turn on but the PC itself won't actually boot. It just turns on and goes to a black screen. I'll figure my issues out soon enough just as you will yours. Good luck and take it easy.

Hermskii,

Post subject: Time Warner to fix my speed issue
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:44 am 

Hermskii wrote:
Hey Kidcapri,

Your IP is the same. The server is up again. Holy Crap!!! You get 4+ mb download speeds. I think I got 3.2 at best but haven't checked lately. Sweet for you. Good luck working out the rest of the stuff you have to look at still.

My only real issue now is my server won't turn itself back on after a power loss. It will turn on but the PC itself won't actually boot. It just turns on and goes to a black screen. I'll figure my issues out soon enough just as you will yours. Good luck and take it easy.

Never really messed with the stuff that would reboot the server if a power failure happened due to the fact that when one does accur it affectively shuts the PC completely off and doesn't reboot without having to hit the good ole power button.

But on the connection speed issue I finally got an update from Time Warner/RR. Cellphone has been acting screwy lately but checked my messages on it to find out I had a call from a tech last week about the signal range going to my house was way out of wack thus causing the issues with my download speeds going ape. Called them back and I have somebody coming out on Tuesday (tomorrow) evening to check and fix the problem. This should make the connection alot more consitant and all should be well again in a nutshell. Back to 4.6mb will be wonderful!

Anyways that's the status as of now. Just thought I would fill the horde in on the situation.

|<idcapri

Post subject: They didn't fix a !@#$ing thing.......
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:45 pm 

Well.....

The upload speed is rock solid but the damn download speed still flickers back and forth which blows. The guy showed up, checked the range....it was out of wack. Changed out a spliter....back in range. Speed test was 4.6 Mb down and all was well. Leave the house for about an hour and a half and come back and do a speed test for giggles.......800K. Call the damn help desk to report nothing has changed and went thru the test they gave me. Still slow. So now I'm waiting on the idiots to call me back to tell me a load a crap I pretty much already know and have been telling them from the start.......ITS NOT MY CABLES, COMPUTER, EQUIPMENT in my house......ITS YOUR DAMN WIRES COMING TO MY HOUSE.

Sheesh.....sorry to rant but when you pay premium dollar for high speed internet and you don't get it then its hard to deal with. One more having to go thru this crap and I'm gonna start dog cussings these idiots. Considering this has been going on for 2 months off and on I better get some free service out of this gig otherwise I'm gonna be dog cussing management by the time its all said and done.

*rant off*

|<idcapri

Post subject: Hell
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Release hell on those sons of bitch*s! I can't effin stand bad service and have noticed the older I get the worse service is getting and the more I'm willing to tear someones *ss up about it too if need be. Rip them a effin new one already!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:34 am 

I know the feeling there Kid. The thing is, I would bet that 99% of their customers are clueless about their connection. Most just plug it in and go from there. They do not know their upload and download speeds from a possums butt. When there is someone that actually KNOWS about these things, they still treat them like the majority. Just have patience with the tech and let him know that you know and understand these things. Get on his good side and maybe he/she will go the extra mile to make sure you have a killer connection. I did that when I was having problems and the guy went to every telephone pole in the neighborhood to find the problem. He fixed it and hooked me up with killer speeds. He even installed new wire from my house to the pole and gave me a bunch of extra cable.
If this does not work, then dog cuss the crap outta the company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:48 am 

Yeah I think they are like you said Jarg grouping me in with the mindless idiots that don't know a damn thing about connection speeds at all which really chaps my butt.

When I called up the local office to tell them the situation they transfered me to the national help desk which is all the way up in Canada basically instead of directing me to the local offices to talk to somebody. When I told the national help desk lady that answered the phone I had just had a tech out there not even 2 hours ago and wanted to talk to somebody locally she went thru her little scripted setup that I've heard so many times now I wanted to scream but kept my cool and let her ramble on. Went thru the removing router out of the setup and connecting it directly to the PC (which I totally hate) and she directed me to a speed test site on their backbone. 4.5mb came up instantly. This was great and all but I knew any second the connection would prob go south on me so I checked a site without saying anything to her and BOOM.....800K. I went on and mentioned this to her and told her I usually get 4.6 out of the site I tried and asked her to point me at a different speed test site they normally use. She gladly does this and I start the test......857K. She seemed alittle perplexed and got me to bring up a command prompt and do a traceroute to yahoo.com and to tell her if any of the numbers in the first 6 hops seemed high. Well the first line pretty much was the kicker.....14ms , 139ms, 170ms. All these values should be 30ms or less in the first hop and later that evening after the call I comfired this with a network tech friend of mine. Well now due to their basic stupidity IMO I'm waiting on a "slow internet speed" tech to call me back which she said it would be up to two working days?!?!?! Come on ppl.....this is pretty much BS to the max. Ya pay 45 bucks a month to get this sort of service???

Another thing about TW/RR that is sooo annoying is say you have a problem with something on a Monday and call in a service call. Well it usually takes them 3-5 days before they can even show up at your house.....NO JOKE. I called them about my problem to get a tech to the house last Friday and they came on a Tuesday. Totally unexceptable IMO but I'm gonna give them just enuff rope and then hang them in a nutshell. I've been using this cable company for 10 freaking years and almost 4 years for the cable modem and this is the thanks I get for it.

I think I'm gonna call these blood suckers back up today sometime and ask to talk directly to the local guys and state if I get transfer to national help desk then I'm gonna need to speak to the highest person on the totem pole period. If I don't get the satifaction there then I'll be glad to tell these asshats I'll be glad to drop your service and spend an extra 25-30 bucks a month and give ma bell my service since y'all can't seem to get your crap straight.

Oh well......guess time will tell *rant off*

|<idcapri

Post subject: OK
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:57 pm 
Site Admin

I hate them too unless they are actually providing service properly. Then I love them. They cut my line yet again last week. I pitched a huge fit and got it reconnected the next day and have been fine ever since.

So what is your story with the server now. I see it's been down a while. You on vacation? Did you change the name and not tell us. What is the deal. Iwant to update the sticky with proper IPs and such. Hope you are well.

Hermskii,