It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Server will be down for a few days
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:18 am 

Just alittle FYI....

My server will be down for a few days due to some problems I'm having with equipment at the house. Not exactly sure exactly which item is giving me trouble but I think I've narrowed it down to two different possible things:

A) Cable modem

or

B) Router

Past few nights I've sat down to play around my game machine would not hit the internet at all. Thinkin something was messed up with the machine itself I checked the server and could hit all the websites I normally hit. After 20 minutes of messing with the game machine I tried the server box one more time and all the sudden it could not connect to anything either. Turned off everything and unplugged the modem and router and started everything back up. Same result. Gave up on it and went to bed. For the heck of it the next morning I checked them again before work and all was fine..... (WTF!!!) This basically has happened the past two nights. Got up this morning to my cable modem showing it was offline and rebooted it. Game box would let me hit Google and email but nothing else. So basically I'm stumped in a way but pushing that the problem is either modem or router related.

I'm gonna see about getting a replacement modem Thursday and see if this helps out the problem. If the problem pops back up then I'll drop alittle coin and get another router. If all works out I should be back up by Thursday night.

BTW I'm also thinking about going back to the old name I used before I changed everything up:

Kidcapri's Redeemer Funhouse or Kidcapri's Redeemer Remix

What y'all think?

I'll post back up when I get everything set up and ready.

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:46 pm 

I feel better with KRF !! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Post subject: Odd
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

Odd problems there Kid. I hope you get the new router and all is good. If Ithink of something that may help I'll let you know. Has it rained there lots lately? I think any name with your name in it for the server is best! Many will recognize it easier. Later!

Hermskii,

Post subject: Re: Server will be down for a few days
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:15 pm 

kidcapri wrote:
Just alittle FYI....

My server will be down for a few days
|<idcapri

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :drunken: rats..........all drunk and no place to go !

Serverless Chef

Post subject: Ok already
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:06 am 
Site Admin

OK already...you're killing me chef. Have you tried the DOU Clan Redeemer Server since apparently my server put too bad a taste in your mouth to try again? Meat's server will be back up soon too. If that is still not good enough, I'm sure that Kid will be done figuring out the problems he is encountering soon enough.

Hermskii,

Post subject: If all goes well I should be up tonight
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:17 am 

Sorry I've haven't had an update recently about all the problems I've been having. Had an UBBER long weekend which involved being in a wedding (not mine thankfully) so I was not able to get the modem exchanged last week.

Didn't get to mess with the equipment until Monday evening basically and to my shock everything seemed to be working correctly. Was gonna bring the server back online Tuesday late evening when all the sudden the problems came flying back in my face. Went thru and tested each piece of the puzzle and after hooking my computer directly into the modem that it had to be the problem child. Took me 4-6 times of rebooting the darn thing for it to finally let me get on the internet. Hooked everything back up including the router and all was well for a moment. Got home last night and sat down to check email. As soon as I clicked on my mail program.........no response. Looked down at the modem which I had checked to see if it was online before I sat down and sure enuff the bastage was blinkin like it was offline.

So as of today (April 6th) the modem is sitting in my car and during my lunch break today I'm dropping it off for a replacement. If everything goes well I should have everything back online this evening and have the server back up and running. Im pretty sure the IP address will be new and the server name will change back to one of the two choices listed above in the first post. More than likely I'll be going with Kidcapri's Redeemer Funhouse. When I get it all up and running I will post with any IP changes and with a definte name to go search for.

Thanks for putting up with me guys and gals and the show will be back running soon.

|<idcapri

Post subject: ALL FIXED!!!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:30 pm 

Welp I just got home and hooked up the new modem. All is well now.

Ok the new name for the server is: Kidcapri's Redeemer Funhouse

IP address (which I don't think changed) is: 24.164.204.29

Booted up the play machine and haven't had the first connection issue at all. Tested to make sure the server was up and could connect and instead of having to go dig thru the deathmatch tab I for a giggle checked my favorites tab.....BOOM.....the old server name had changed and I didn't have to re-add to the list. If it's not showing in your favorites I think y'all all know what to do by now.

Thanks for everybody's patience and hope to see the gang soon!

|<idcapri

Post subject: Spoke too soon.....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:41 am 

Looks like I spoke too soon on having this stuff fixed. Got home yesterday around 6 and plugged in the new modem. 90 seconds later I was online and everything seemed fine. Boot up the server, checked to see if I could get on and see it and everything seemed normal. Packed up my 4 year old and went out to eat and got back to the house around 8:30. My 4 year old wanted to play around on one of her kiddie websites so I booted the site up for her and she played for awhile. By 9:30 the modem started doing the exact same stuff as the previous one and would just drop connection.

Put in a call to RR to see what the deal was and now they are having to send out somebody because they think it might have something to do with their connection from the box on the street to my house. The crappy part with that is the service date is this Sunday. So it will be hit or miss until somebody comes out to see what the deal is.

Sorry guys but I thought I had this problem knocked out. Hopefully by Sunday all will be right again.

|<idcapri

Post subject: Re: Ok already
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:45 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
OK already...you're killing me chef. Have you tried the DOU Clan Redeemer Server since apparently my server put too bad a taste in your mouth to try again? Meat's server will be back up soon too. If that is still not good enough, I'm sure that Kid will be done figuring out the problems he is encountering soon enough.

I played against Mah on there the other day .......so ......there !!! :drunken: .feel better now Herm?? didn't mean to "Kill " ya ...........( Pulls 10 inch chef knife outa Herms gut) LOL

Iron Chef

Sun April 9....... 42 ! ughhhhhhh BOOM!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:04 pm 

WOW HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Post subject: Yes Chef
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

Yes I'm happy now Chef. How'd did you like it? I haven't played much at all lately. I think I get in about an hour or two a month total. I spend far more time on these forums than anything else.

I really enjoyed Kid's server thew last several times I played. What is wierd for me is how fast it runs and how many bots there are. I'm just not used to it. I'm slowing down in my old age of 38 years.

I try to get on my server when I don't know any names on it so I can own people but the newer newbs are owning me instead. I can still land in the top three regularly but I never win anymore. Who is Hugh Organ? I think it is a regular with an alias. I don't care enough to check for sure.

Ok that is all for now. Kid, I'll double check you when you say to in order to make sure your advertised properly. Later all.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:28 am 

Quote:
Who is Hugh Organ?

I have seen one on there named Dixie Normus. They may be related. :cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:18 am 

I saw Dixie Normus on CG a couple of times and he is a renamed regular originally known as "Deadmeat", aka "pitsuxseatacswallows", "squattin_bare", "yellow_beard"... (lol, maybe I forget some other names...)

But I never saw "Hugh Organ" on CG yet...?

Post subject: Kid
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:57 pm 
Site Admin

2 things:

1. I just realized I still had you listed in the top thread with your former server name. I corrected it!

2. I looked for your server tonight and didn't see it. Still having issues?

Hermskii,

Post subject: Re: Kid
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:56 am 

Hermskii wrote:
2 things:

1. I just realized I still had you listed in the top thread with your former server name. I corrected it!

2. I looked for your server tonight and didn't see it. Still having issues?

Yeah I'm still having issues unfortunately. Got a call Sunday morning around 9:30 am and was told by the guy from RR that a major repair had been done on Saturday and if I had any issues since Saturday. Told him it was off in the morning but up and running from 11 am until the point he has called me. He said that it should have corrected the problem and if it happened again to call. Well I passed out for a few hours and woke up around 2 pm. Cranked up the server box and started the server. All is good. Get on the forum to type up everything should be back up and before I could click on the submit button BOOOOOOOOM.......modem kicks offline. All I could do was laugh at it. Called RR back up and told the woman I got on the phone the whole story starting from Thursday so now I am definately getting somebody out at the house today to see what the deal is. The call Sunday morning almost seemed like an excuess to get out of driving to my house or something but the guy's story seemed likely and all the time frame stuff for their "repair" fell into place. Got a new service call for sometime after 5 pm today (monday).

The more I think about it now I think I have a theory to why the connection might be so shotty. About 3 weeks ago the city where I live decided to start widening a 2 lane road right up the street from where I stay. The section they are doing this happens to have several utilities run along that section and one of them I'm sure is Cable. I can only hope I get my feed from somewhere else but I have a feeling this might be the case. This is just a theory tho and I hope I'm completely wrong.

I have this sinking feeling that the service tech will come out to my house, see the modem is working fine ATM, leave and 20 minutes later it go right back out. I've never wanted my cable to be broke before but damnit it better be offline when I get home this evening so I can prove to these people I'm not insane. Only time will tell.

When I get more details I will post them up. Sorry guys I will hopefully have the issues panned out sooner or later. Just keep checking back here for any progress.

|<idcapri