It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: WHY?!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:13 am 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060405/bs_nm/apple_dc_1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:44 am 

ahh....the best of both worlds in one PC.
Smart?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:23 am 

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2006/ap ... tcamp.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:22 pm 

If you think about it, this is the an INCREDIBLE move on the part of Apple.
Okay, you set up a partition with Windows. You delete Internet Explorer, and Outlook Express so you won't pickup any viruses. Then you install whatever Windows based software you want.
As MEAT said, it is the best of both worlds.

This move has really increased the appeal of a Mac for me. If it increases sales, then it is not a bad move.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:45 pm 

Sorry boys but I can't see how you can use the word "best" in reference to a seriously flawed OS. I think more people would like to get a shot at using OSX on there PC's then get a chance at using Windows on Mac's hardware. If it's just a way to sell more pretty boxes then why bother with an OS at all. Just let MS run the show then.

Seriously disgusted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:07 am 

Quote:
I think more people would like to get a shot at using OSX on there PC's then get a chance at using Windows on Mac's hardware.

Count me as one of those people. Here is food for thought. It seems that Jobs can keep a secret. This hit the computer world pretty fast and out of nowhere. WHAT IF Jobs is doing this as a little stunt. Get the word out about OSX. Since the national news is covering this, it is free publicity.
Now, we can only assume that Apple is working on OSXI. WHAT IF he made the anouncment that it will be compatible with regular computers?
This would deflate Microsoft's big Vista campaign. Heck, I have no doubt that it would steal ALL of Vista's thunder, and probably quite a few sells.
Apple is making money hand over fist with the I-Pod. Heck, he purchased Pixar. He has the revenue to do something like this if he so chooses. Being that he is the character that he is, I would not be surprised that around launch for Vista, Jobs will shock the world with this anouncment.

Thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:49 am 

Actually Steve Jobs bought Lucas Film and then renamed it Pixar. If I'm not mistaken Lucas was going through a divorce and was cash strapped a t the time. I think Steve got it for like 10 Mil. back in '86. Though now it's Disney/pixar after Steve allowed Disney to buy him out in January of this year. It did put Steve on the board so he does still have influence. Hell maybe he'll own Disney someday. That would be a good thing because they haven't made a good film in years. Pretty much all the hits that Disney has had the last decade or so have been Pixar films (Toy Story, Bugs Life, Toy Story II, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, The incredibles).

Anyway like you said Jarg Steve Jobs is a showman. Shit he hid the whole Intel thing for the past 5 years without a soul finding out about it until just before the last expo. How does anyone keep a secret that big for that long in that industry.

It looks like the next build of OSX (Leopard 10.5) will be coming out in August and that will include "BootCamp". I'm not to thrill about it but if it eventually helps erode MS's market share then I'll be happy.

Jarg I wouldn't wory about OSX coming to PC's. I'm sure it's already in the works. Hackers are already poking and prodding the new intel macs and I'm sure will find away to get the OS to work on other intel machines. How hard could it be right. Having said that I'm sure Steve Jobs knows this and already has the idea to allow OSX to be used on other manufacturers hardware. The ball is already rolling. I don't think he has much choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:48 am 

Quote:
Having said that I'm sure Steve Jobs knows this and already has the idea to allow OSX to be used on other manufacturers hardware.

One can only hope

I would really love to have one of those G5 monsters (Shut up TommyImage)
I just like to put my own rig together. If I could put OS-X on a fresh built PC, I would no doubt already be running it today.

Post subject: Hey!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

I would buy one of these new Macs. I think it is awesome that they are going this route. True it isn't the true way of the Mac but to be able to run in either OS at FULL SPEED is awesome! I think this may lead to other and bigger things too and in fact, I'm sure of it. Mac is changing into a higher gear doing this I tell you. This will hurt Microsoft not that I want it to but it provides for stronger competition now. That is always good!

Hermskii,