It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Doctor Who Anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:09 pm 

Anyone has every seen show Doctor Who ? They have new one out
http://www.scifi.com/doctorwho/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:31 pm 

Yes, and I am looking forward to this new show. Even the Daliks seem the same. I like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:57 am 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Yes, and I am looking forward to this new show. Even the Daliks seem the same. I like that.

Hehehehe have seen it already and yes the show was made to reflect original lines which was nice. its just been updated with better visual effects although i gotta say some of the story lines aint upto the old standard imo but i hope they get better as the series continues they also need to lock the actors into longer contracts or its going to be a short revival as a series.

D.M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:44 pm 

Yes, yes and hell yes.

Bout time but they better not booger it up. I like Dr. Who campy and tounge in cheek. Any serious crap and I'll have to put a pox on em'

Your ever luving Skank :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:02 am 

I used to watch Dr. Who as a kid. Tom Baker was my favorite because he was so odd. I dreamed of having my own Tardis. How cool would that be?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:24 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:
I used to watch Dr. Who as a kid. Tom Baker was my favorite because he was so odd. I dreamed of having my own Tardis. How cool would that be?

Hmm tom baker now if you had been english that dates you to around the age now of 35 BTW he was my Dr Who too.

D.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:27 pm 

If you can get the older series try to watch "The tomb of the cyber men" when the cyber controller breaks free of his tomb and sees the Dr he utters some immortal words " resistance is futile " now i'm pretty sure i heard that on another younger t.v series.

D.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:25 pm 

DARKMATTER wrote:
If you can get the older series try to watch "The tomb of the cyber men" when the cyber controller breaks free of his tomb and sees the Dr he utters some immortal words " resistance is futile " now i'm pretty sure i heard that on another younger t.v series.

D.M.

I think I got Gothic book I have Said same thing too. I hope I got VCR set right I tape it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:51 am 

Quote:
Hmm tom baker now if you had been english that dates you to around the age now of 35 BTW he was my Dr Who too.

You are correct sir. 35 years young and counting. Our local PBS (Public Broadcasting) channel played them every day at around 5 PM. I'll bet Scify watched them as well, since it originated out of Roanoke Virginia.

Tom was just so odd with that wild hair and scarf. He will always be The Doctor for me. I would love to meet him in person, as I would bet he is a character in real life too.

Post subject: Well..............what did we all think of the show?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:24 am 

I fell asleep after the first episode(been a looooong ass week !) but what I saw was alright , I got a kick out of it...what about ya'll??

Chef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:08 am 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Quote:

You are correct sir. 35 years young and counting. Our local PBS (Public Broadcasting) channel played them every day at around 5 PM. I'll bet Scify watched them as well, since it originated out of Roanoke Virginia.

Tom was just so odd with that wild hair and scarf. He will always be The Doctor for me. I would love to meet him in person, as I would bet he is a character in real life too.

I watch some do to fact I found it by chance. I didn't get see all them :(One day I look for something to watch didn't have cable TV. So I four Choice CBS, NBC,ABC and Good old PBS ( which still running today) :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: .My Father and My mother like to move so much we lived in about 8 time and My grandmother had place Moonshine Capital OF The World didn't have cable .I bet Jarg know where that at don't you?
Do know this Basicly one longest run Shows It start back in 1963 to 1989 then News one start 2005

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:31 pm 

Rats... I forgot that it was on last night. Maybe I can catch another airing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:37 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Rats... I forgot that it was on last night. Maybe I can catch another airing.

I tape it but I mes up I had wrong speed. Had six hour tape use up all six hour I going to tape cat woman free week OF HBO . Only maybe 20 minutes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:28 am 

DARKMATTER wrote:
The Jargonaut wrote:

D.M.

Yeah....Tom Baker. He was my favorite as well. I always thought it was funny as hell when somebody would make him empty his pockets. Jon Pertwee was my second favorite.
What about side kicks? I was always partial to that girl.....Leela I think her name was.

-JB

Nevermore to grace the night....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:50 am 

Cygnus X-1 wrote:
DARKMATTER wrote:
The Jargonaut wrote:

D.M.

Yeah....Tom Baker. He was my favorite as well. I always thought it was funny as hell when somebody would make him empty his pockets. Jon Pertwee was my second favorite.
What about side kicks? I was always partial to that girl.....Leela I think her name was.

-JB

Which one? Few show I got watch He Had two didn't He? I guess I was wrong He Had four longest was Leela
Leela ....................................... Sarah Jane Smith .................. Romana
Image Image Image

Romana II

I remeber something esle K-9

Where I found this Here http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/episodeguide/
Tom Baker was longest Doctor Who was for 7 years rest did 3 of them did 3 years,2 of them did 2 year, just one did 4 years and last one ( not this one)was1 year.
Only I got see was Tom Baker .