It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:52 am 

Graphics

The most visible technological improvements in UT2007 come from the move to Unreal Engine 3. Environments are now alive with rich shaders, and per-pixel lit. As such, a DirectX 9 compatible card is a must. Expect the minimum spec graphics card to be an NVIDIA GeForce FX or ATI Radeon 9700 level card. If you're looking for decent performance however, you'll need to aim a little higher. At E3 2005, Epic's Tim Sweeney suggested an NVIDIA GeForce 6800 Ultra level card for decent frame rates at 1024x768 resolution

Does this Help somebody?One question does my card this which is Tri4200 will play game or scify have try to save up other computer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:42 am 

ThE OnE wrote:
I just ordered my new stuff to make a new pc but i will still have my ati 9800pro for backup just gonna have 2 rigs.
Gonna add a second vid card when i have more money the ati crossfire system is ment to be pretty good compaired to sli plus it will be two 512mb vid cards

specs for new pc (should be here tuesday so i can have some fun building it.

Sapphire PURE Advantage CrossFire Radeon Xpress 200P CrossFire (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard

ATI Radeon X1900 ***Crossfire Edition*** 512MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express)

Corsair 2GB DDR XMS4000PT TwinX (2x1GB) CAS3

Thermaltake VA3000BWA Tsunami Dream SuperMidi Aluminium Tower - Black

Akasa Rounded Ultra ATA133/100/66 IDE Cable (0.9m) - Metal Braided

Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 Modular SLI Compliant PSU

AMD Athlon FX57 San Diego 90nm (Socket 939) - Retail (ADAFX57BNBOX)

Belinea 102035W 20.1" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Black/Silver

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition inc. SP2 - OEM

Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 160GB 6L160P0 ATA-133 8MB Cache -

Saitek PZ30AU Eclipse Illuminated Keyboard

Razer Diamondback Plasma 1600dpi Gaming Mouse Limited Edition

Thought about getting the AMD FX60 chip but here it is over £700 so a bit expencive.

Wow OnE !!! Is this PC a Birthday present ?!!!... It's a dream !
Did you have a good Birthday fest ?... I hope so ! :cheers: :clown:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:55 am 

Scify asked:
Quote:
One question does my card this which is Tri4200 will play game or scify have try to save up other computer?

I hate to be the one to tell you Sci, but your card will not have the horsepower to play the game.
I think that this game will push my card to the edge. And it ROCKED... back in the day.
This game has a lot of complex shaders and textures. A TI4200 was a mid level card when it came out. If a 6800 Ultra is needed for decent framerates at 1024x768, then it is time to upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:50 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Scify asked:
Quote:
One question does my card this which is Tri4200 will play game or scify have try to save up other computer?

I hate to be the one to tell you Sci, but your card will not have the horsepower to play the game.
I think that this game will push my card to the edge. And it ROCKED... back in the day.
This game has a lot of complex shaders and textures. A TI4200 was a mid level card when it came out. If a 6800 Ultra is needed for decent framerates at 1024x768, then it is time to upgrade.

I WAS HOPING TO MUCH OR DREAMING :angry6::angry6::angry6::angry6:
It be two or three years before I get other one

Post subject: Sci
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:02 am 
Site Admin

You don't have to get a new PC, just a better video card is what he is saying. Me too by the way as nearly 93% of us will need a better video card to enjoy this new game most of the way. My entire motherboard isn't even up to DirectX9 specification but I've been holding out for a year or two now for exactly this kind of reason. I really want to make it to the the new processor standard and then get a new board and all. Be patient. UT is still here and it plays just fine on my Voodoo 3500 AGP w/TV not to mention the video card we both have being the sweet-sweet Nvidia G-Force4 ti4200 AGP w/128mb DDR ram. It's all still good!

Hermskii,

Post subject: Re: Sci
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:11 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
You don't have to get a new PC, just a better video card is what he is saying. Me too by the way as nearly 93% of us will need a better video card to enjoy this new game most of the way. My entire motherboard isn't even up to DirectX9 specification but I've been holding out for a year or two now for exactly this kind of reason. I really want to make it to the the new processor standard and then get a new board and all. Be patient. UT is still here and it plays just fine on my Voodoo 3500 AGP w/TV not to mention the video card we both have being the sweet-sweet Nvidia G-Force4 ti4200 AGP w/128mb DDR ram. It's all still good!

That why I don't want get rid of that so sweet-sweet Nvidia G-Force4 ti4200 AGP w/128mb DDR ram as you call it. Or other thing is if I update motherboard and other Vid card there is CD I need to find akinded lost it somehow that bad really it got lot driver for computer. It have drive for Vid card and where program it where store in I still don'tknow how it got in there .I delete that program
Boy I was Big trouble . I knew what it was. I restore it and I try move it ( still big mistake). It will not go anywhere esle but there.
But I 'm update Monter to LCD I hope next year do fact i am run out room on my desk to put stuff. Plus Like cool looking case I found to I like.
Which I found here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 11-166-005

I think Iif I really I have money for this which it top the line it have works handle and it on wheels
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 11-133-171
See what I mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 am 

Scify, I hope you realize that the Thermaltake case is just that, a case. It is sweet, but $430 for JUST a case is outrageous.

From what I hear, this card will be the last of the great AGP cards released.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1786748&CatId=935

It is fast and relatively cheap, considering it is top of the line AGP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:10 am 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Scify, I hope you realize that the Thermaltake case is just that, a case. It is sweet, but $430 for JUST a case is outrageous.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1786748&CatId=935

Just hope they make way to many that way next year when theres no demand we can buy it dirt cheap and upgrade lmao

D.M.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:48 pm 

Thermaltake is too much money for me .
it be over year i can get new vid card .This time next year no carpayments gooing bigest help and other bills get close to be pay off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:36 pm 

DARKMATTER wrote:
The Jargonaut wrote:

Just hope they make way to many that way next year when theres no demand we can buy it dirt cheap and upgrade lmao

D.M.

I am sooo with ya on that one Bro. I still want to upgrade but I am getting a little tight in my old age. I guess I realize that retirement is more important than coolness now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:59 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:

That's funny, I just heard about BFG and their products for the first time, today. That sure is a sweet card, nicely overclocked and all. And the price is excellent; it is only $80 more than those -out of stock again- ATI's I've been telling you guys about.

Too bad I'm stuck with 4X AGP. I don't think I'd get anywhere near the full benefit of the card in this old Dell 8200. :sad7:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:10 pm 

Dude, BFG cards come with a lifetime warantee. That in itself sold me. I LOVE my 680GT. It is fast and smooth. Just one issue. It is a little loud. I guess the fans have to spin a little faster for the OCing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:24 pm 

Well that little darling is $418 at Tiger Direct Canada. After sales taxes alone it comes to $480.70. Way out of my price range, and I'm still not sure if it would do me that much good in my Dell. :blackeye:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:22 am 

You have the 9700 Pro, right? I doubt that it would be worth the price to upgrade, unless there is a BIOS update that will let you run 8X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:23 am 

Since you guys are on the subject of video cards help a brother out. I'm looking for a new card basically because my new monitor supports digital and my PC only has analog. I want to have a digital to digital connection so I'll have better picture quality.
I've been educated on video cards with the help of "a nameless entity" but I just worry about the actual installation. Currently this is what I am running, a NVDIA RIVA TNT2 model 64 (HP)...a basic video card that came with my HP760n. From what I can tell I need a PCI card with a DVI connection.
Does this sound like I'm barking up the right tree or is that tree to high to climb?