It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: They're both dead!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

Yes both CG and MHM. Both servers are dead right now. Time of death was around 7:00 AM this morning. Cause of death will be issued when determined. Please give Hermskii his privacy during this trying time.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:46 pm 

I will betcha it was the hard drive again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:24 pm 

SAD

Post subject: Doubt
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:40 am 
Site Admin

I doubt it. These seagates I have rule! It's the motherboard I'm thinking. I haven't opened her up yet to see. Haven't had any time yet. Been babysitting my boy. I hope to get a look/see today.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:38 am 

Then in the meantime, remember Kids and DOUs redeemer servers.

The reason that I suspected the drives is that they are in constant motion in a server. That, combined with a 24/7 uptime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:35 pm 

I know it's chop liver but it's better than a sharp stick in the eye.
"Ain't your Mama's Redeemer Server".
Give it a couple weeks and you'll see a change....hopefully more and better maps to come....

Post subject: FYI
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:23 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:

The reason that I suspected the drives is that they are in constant motion in a server. That, combined with a 24/7 uptime.

BTW.....I'm not seeing the Clan {DOU} at all in the deathmatch tab. I'm seeing the sniper but no redeemer. Are you sure it's up Jargy?

Hey Meat ......small word of advice and not a critisim at all so don't get bent out of shape. Not having a redirect of some sort for the server might be alot of the reason your not getting the traffic your hoping for bud. I got on and the server started throwing what looks to be some custom skins at me. I waited for the first file which was about 973K but it was moving along very very very slowly (took about 4 minutes and I'm running on 4mb cable). I would highly recommend if your going do anything custom on the server at all to look into some sort of redirect otherwise people are gonna see the slow downloads and bolt before they even get the files to play on the server.........its my 2 cents and I know your new to the admin stuff but its alittle FYI as to why maybe your not getting alot of traffic. Just keep it simple for now would be my suggestion. Good luck with your endevors.

Also if anybody cares my server is up also. Had some cable modem hiccups Friday evening so I'm not sure if my IP renewed or not to tell ya the truth.

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:29 pm 

You are correct sir. The server is down. I do not have admin rights or I would investigate. I have left a post on the DOU boards, so I hope that this is fixed soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:11 am 

Ahh shoot....thanks kid. I forgot I added a couple of skins just to see if I could do it. Didn't even ask Herm for any help on that one and I got it right....I was so proud of myself. Then Herm told me the same thing you're telling me.....but....duh....I forgot to change it back to the way it was.
Hmm....now bear with me as I try to change it back...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:56 am 

Dou redeemer server was down because our hosting was having work with it but maybe it's up now??? (I can't see it from my friends home because he hasn't UT99 set up nor UTcheck.)
But I read on Dou's forum that it has a new (and lasting) IP @ 207.210.238.43
Feel free to test it !

Post subject: Re: FYI
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:02 am 

kidcapri wrote:
The Jargonaut wrote:

BTW.....I'm not seeing the Clan {DOU} at all in the deathmatch tab. I'm seeing the sniper but no redeemer. Are you sure it's up Jargy?

Hey Meat ......small word of advice and not a critisim at all so don't get bent out of shape. Not having a redirect of some sort for the server might be alot of the reason your not getting the traffic your hoping for bud. I got on and the server started throwing what looks to be some custom skins at me. I waited for the first file which was about 973K but it was moving along very very very slowly (took about 4 minutes and I'm running on 4mb cable). I would highly recommend if your going do anything custom on the server at all to look into some sort of redirect otherwise people are gonna see the slow downloads and bolt before they even get the files to play on the server.........its my 2 cents and I know your new to the admin stuff but its alittle FYI as to why maybe your not getting alot of traffic. Just keep it simple for now would be my suggestion. Good luck with your endevors.

Also if anybody cares my server is up also. Had some cable modem hiccups Friday evening so I'm not sure if my IP renewed or not to tell ya the truth.

|<idcapri

Your server is up for me and I like some of your maps very much !!! Hope to see some other guys there here and there !...
Do eveybody use UTcheck (or similar prog) to see which are the peoples playing on this or that server ?... I do and it's quite useful !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:29 pm 

1)It's alive! :cheers:

2)It's alive! :cheers:

Yes, they're both back up again tonight. What was the cause of death? :colors:

Post subject: They're on
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

What a pain in the butt. I found two dead cooling fans and was sure the mobo was dead. I cleared the cmos and booted and all I would get was a solid red hard drive light and power light. No beeps, no video. Nothing.

Sometimes an awful croaking sound would come from the speakers. The video never would work each time it seemed. I took out everything and started bare bone. I made it to the bios screen finally but after I'd set everything and reboot the PC would not boot up.

Finally, one time it booted and let me make the changes in the BIOS AGAIN and it booted a second straight time and came on all the way.

I replaced a case cooling fan and removed the northbridge fan altogether. I cleared and reset the entire BIOS and reseated everything from sound card to network card to memory sticks and video.

Let's just watch and see what happens. I fear the old girl is getting tired. I cleaned her up too while I was in there. There was lots of dust and a dead bug (Mesquito Hawk). I'm afraid if I turn the server off again, it won't boot back up. We'll see. Later!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:07 am 

Good job Herm ! I'm glad all is back !!! :cheers:

Post subject: NP Bud
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:01 am 

MEAT wrote:
Ahh shoot....thanks kid. I forgot I added a couple of skins just to see if I could do it. Didn't even ask Herm for any help on that one and I got it right....I was so proud of myself. Then Herm told me the same thing you're telling me.....but....duh....I forgot to change it back to the way it was.
Hmm....now bear with me as I try to change it back...lol

No problem mate.....it all comes with the territory so to speak. I can't say I didn't go thru some of the same situations when I started working on a server. It's all trial and error but glad your getting the nack of it all.

Dang Herm......glad it was some cheap case fans and not another mobo or hard drive causing your pain. Those tend to get a wee bit expensive to keep replacing. Good luck and glad your getting everything back to normal.

|<idC