It is currently Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Clan {DOU}
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:39 pm 

I am happy to be a part of {DOU} and I was wondering if there were any folks here that may be interested in joining? There is really no initiation practices and nothing will be expected of you other than wearing that spiffy skin that Lepoloo will make for you on the DOU servers and that you are a nice person. I would like to invite you all to play on the sniper server sometime. I have heard some say that they can not aim or are not good enough. Well, were you an expert at redeemers when you first played?
For the folks that enjoy tournaments, we are involved in a REAL ladder that pits us against at least 9 other clans. We are currently in fourth place. These tournaments are REALLY fun because the pressure is on to win. There is also a weekly DOU versus DOU tournament that is really fun. Three maps, two team, one heck of a good time. Also, we use team speak to communicate. This kicks the crap outta typing in game.
DOU is expanding to include a UT2K4 server AND a Quake 4 server as well. These will be resources that you can use whenever you want.

If you are interested in maybe becoming a member, then please feel free to P.M. me here. As most of you can tell, I visit this forum every day. Even if you are not interested in joining, but want to learn the sniper game, then just let me know. I will try to arrange a time that is convenient for us to have a lesson or two and have a good time.
I am by NO means a good sniper player. Lepoloo (who is known as Moon in the DOU clan) and Darkmatter take me to school on a regular basis. Still, I will be glad to play a game or two with anyone interested.
Here is the link to the server:
unreal://65.99.206.30:7777

Feel free to join in the forum as well:
http://www.clandou.com/forum/index.php
Know that I would be happy to sponsor anyone here into the clan, as Lepoloo did me. These folks are very cool and funny.
I believe that Darkmatter and Lepoloo will agree with me on this.

Give it a try. It may make the game new again for you. :clown:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:06 am 

A recruiter for DOU...hmm?
4th place?.....I want to join the team in 1st place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:47 am 

MEAT wrote:

Hmmm really Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:50 am 

MEAT wrote:

Yeah thats the only way you could get into first place, By being lame and joining a team that has already fought hard and long to get there. Of course if they would have you on thier team, they would be so impressed with your amazing sniping and camping skills they would not be able to catch thier breath. Or maybe not being able to catch thier breath is just a symptom of the rapid fall to the bottom of the chart they are experiencing since you joined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:43 pm 

Wow....Tell that Bitch to Chill...lol
I make a silly little joke to my bud Jarg and I get some 2nd grader attitude. No reason to get up on me because you're in 4th spot. Maybe you guys need to take it up a notch or two. I surely couldn't help you guys. And your right, I'm not good at Sniping..."that is why I would want to join the 1st place team"....and that was also another silly little joke.
First sign of weakness is sensitivity...hope your partners forgive you for that...another little joke.
Oh, the rapid fall of this forum/membership has actually risen 75% since I joined....not a joke but a fact. And all credit is due to Hermskii and all his hard work with his servers and this forum. Where else could we voice our opinions and make fun of one another.
And if Jarg didn't realize I was kidding with him by calling him a recruiter for DOU (like that is a hurtful thing?)...then I apologize.
Well at least DARKMATTER gets my sense of humor.

Post subject: For the record
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:01 pm 
Site Admin

For the record, I take NO credit for the success of THIS forum or any of the servers except MY own. Thanks for the implication though as it was a nice one!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:42 pm 

MEAT wrote:
Wow....Tell that Bitch to Chill...lol
I make a silly little joke to my bud Jarg and I get some 2nd grader attitude. No reason to get up on me because you're in 4th spot. Maybe you guys need to take it up a notch or two. I surely couldn't help you guys. And your right, I'm not good at Sniping..."that is why I would want to join the 1st place team"....and that was also another silly little joke.
First sign of weakness is sensitivity...hope your partners forgive you for that...another little joke.
Oh, the rapid fall of this forum/membership has actually risen 75% since I joined....not a joke but a fact. And all credit is due to Hermskii and all his hard work with his servers and this forum. Where else could we voice our opinions and make fun of one another.
And if Jarg didn't realize I was kidding with him by calling him a recruiter for DOU (like that is a hurtful thing?)...then I apologize.
Well at least DARKMATTER gets my sense of humor.

WOW!!! Talk about not being able to take a joke!!! Look at the one being sensitive. I did not call you any names.

As for a 2nd grade attitude read the quote above.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:45 pm 

Actually, I am a recruiter for DOU. We all are.

I think the problem here is that tone is tough to judge in writing.

Consider that Charger's remarks may also be in jest. I will not speak for him though.

And to be perfectly honest, I did take your remark:
Quote:

as kind of a backhanded slap.
I just dismissed it as you being you. You have admitted that you like drama.

I just wanted to give folks the chance to have some fun...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:38 pm 

No backhand slap here Jarg. I commend you and your team for being in 4th. I couldn't do it and I definitely couldn't help your team advance any further. But we're all competitive and we all strive to be #1 regardless of the game and our ability. Same is true for real life too.
All I was showing, which has turned into an issue here, was just my competitiveness by saying I wanted to be #1 or in this circumstance wanting to be on the #1 team. That is obviously what your intentions are?
Tone, feelings and emotions are very hard to judge and express in writing and they get miscued all the time. I commend your team for backing you up but don't take what was in jest out of context.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:45 pm 

Okay then.
Let's all smoke a peace bong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:26 pm 

Jarg,
that is usually my problem...smoking to much peace bong.
Now puff puff give......
Oh, and I talked with DOU Shortie....I'm on your team now...lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:22 pm 

Lol not really.... Sorry to disappoint you. Good try though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:49 am 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Okay then.
Let's all smoke a peace bong.

Yeah I'm down with that.

Sorry if I offended, but I could not stand buy and let one of my mates and DOU have jabs taken at them. We are a family and you always protect your family.