It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: CG and Admins
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:57 pm 

Does like everybody now have admin rights on CG ? Or is DonDon now a admin on CG ( along with several others that were never admins before ). Just wondering if I need to stop playing CG now since DonDon is going to force mapvote to the same 3 maps all the time.

Herm?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:25 pm 

Hmm well hermski can answer if he gave him admin but how many were playing if just two one can force a map change.

Dark :bom: :bom:

Post subject: Right
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Don Don does not and never had rights on CG. DM is right. The percentage is set to 51% to force a map change, so........if three people are playing and you are one of them, it only takes 2 votes to select the next map provided they vote the same. I think if all 3 vote differently, then it either accepts the 1st vote or it accepts the vote from the player with the most frags. You let me know when you see a player log in as admin and tell me his name too. There are several admins and I have even sent you the link to admin control before Mickey. It isn't hard but if I find out the passwords are being given out or misused, I'll just change them and all will be out of admining except me. I have never had any trouble this entire time and I have only given admin rights to the right people so I can't imagine that anyone is messing around and giving out passwords and all. Later!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 6:13 pm 

I never gave passwords to anyone and I'm sure that Dark surely never did as he's one of the most serious members of the CG family ! (It's free Dark, no need to pay !! Image)
I never saw any other guy entering as an admin (except you passing by flying Herm !!! LOL)

I only entered myself a few weeks ago only to warn my little band of frenchies that were kicking and treating a bit. I only had to log in and when they saw my name in white colour, the mess ended !

But even when there are only 2 players, if one vote while playing, the map changes after one or two minutes even if the other player didn't vote ! (I had that too with one of my immatures I was just talking about)

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:08 pm 
Site Admin

I was wrong. The vote percentage required to change the map was only 50% thus, if there were only 2 players and one voted for a new map, it would change. The new percent is back at 51%. Suggestions?

Hermskii,

Post subject: Re: Yep
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:16 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
I was wrong. The vote percentage required to change the map was only 50% thus, if there were only 2 players and one voted for a new map, it would change. The new percent is back at 51%. Suggestions?

Ban Don Don just because he's a putz !! or do like Bo used to do to him on NWRO, fly over his head in Admin mode and telefrag his ass ahhhhhhhhh the good ole days!! muhahahahahaha :diabloanifire:

Iron

Post subject: Re: Yep
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:13 am 

Iron Chef wrote:
Hermskii wrote:

Ban Don Don just because he's a putz !! or do like Bo used to do to him on NWRO, fly over his head in Admin mode and telefrag his ass ahhhhhhhhh the good ole days!! muhahahahahaha :diabloanifire:

Iron

LOL Iron !!! I'm not so hard with Dondon, I think he's a simple mind somewhere !...Image
I know he treats everybody of "wussies" unless you accept to play Cranes map but besides that, there are some other players that are really worse than him !!! Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:38 am 

well as for me telling or somebody finding out i have never logged in as admin during a game i always use web admin so no way for them to see it flash up on the screen.

As for dondon for some reason i'm ok with him i think i voted for crane once (feeling sorry for him i guess) but that said when i have played he seams happy once he's played crane then usually leaves as polo said there are worse on but again you can deal with them playing the game .

Dark

Post subject: Simple solution
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:37 am 

The solution to the DonDon problem is very simple if you think about it...........Just do what I did.......

Remove CRANE and DARKCITY :compress:

Problem solved!

Unless somebody wants the take up and find a way to make the low part of the level somehow completely off limits. Don is the whole reason that map came off my server in the first place. After watching him on just about every occation down at street level shooting missles back up at the building I figured I had stomached it enuff to get rid of the map. Guess I'm just evil that way.....

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:43 am 

Let me discribe the senerio. 5 players on server ( DonDon was one ). DonDon voteing for the usual maps ( no surprise here ). Due to DonDon voteing for the same map all the time, he was kicked from the server. He logged back on the server immediately. The folks that voted him off did so again but this time got the message " Can not kick server admin ". Strange but the game went on. At bthe next mapevote, 3 players agreed on one map. DonDon voted for another and was only in second place. His map started even thopugh mapvote reported that the other map had won the vote.

The new mapvote is GREAT Herm ! It reporting just who is kicking who is a cool feature and will probably stop a lot of the kick vote crap going on. The other features you mentioned in your post sound good to 8-)

Post subject: Re: Simple solution
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:48 am 

kidcapri wrote:
The solution to the DonDon problem is very simple if you think about it...........Just do what I did.......

Remove CRANE and DARKCITY :compress:

Problem solved!

Unless somebody wants the take up and find a way to make the low part of the level somehow completely off limits. Don is the whole reason that map came off my server in the first place. After watching him on just about every occation down at street level shooting missles back up at the building I figured I had stomached it enuff to get rid of the map. Guess I'm just evil that way.....

|<idcapri

With all the maps for UT, there is really no reason to keep any map that has the possibility of abuse. I can look at the map and see if street level can be modded to a kill zone. If I have any luck I'll post it. But keep in mind, I haven't mapped for UT before ( just DOOM ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:27 pm 

Sometimes when I see Crane playing on CG I jump into the game. I like getting up onto my "secret spot" way up high and seeing just how long it takes someone to notice me there. If anyone is down on the floor shooting up at the tower, that is my signal to start shooting back down at them. I got someone three times one night, and that stopped him from going down to the floor. :clown:

As far as that anomaly with the map vote goes, could it be just that? Something that happened just that one time with the server? For Don Don to have changed the map like that he would have had to have access to the remote admin control. That's the only way he could have changed the map without everyone seeing him log on as an admin. If it keeps happening while he is around, then we'll have to assume he has gotten access somehow. :hmph:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:08 am 

a nameless entity wrote:
Sometimes when I see Crane playing on CG I jump into the game. I like getting up onto my "secret spot" way up high and seeing just how long it takes someone to notice me there. If anyone is down on the floor shooting up at the tower, that is my signal to start shooting back down at them. I got someone three times one night, and that stopped him from going down to the floor. :clown:

As far as that anomaly with the map vote goes, could it be just that? Something that happened just that one time with the server? For Don Don to have changed the map like that he would have had to have access to the remote admin control. That's the only way he could have changed the map without everyone seeing him log on as an admin. If it keeps happening while he is around, then we'll have to assume he has gotten access somehow. :hmph:

LOL I agree Nameless !!!!
Sometimes when I see Cranes is running, I enter the game, go to my "seret place too" and hunt Dondon.
I know where he hides his teleport to go back to it when a deemer comes too close so, I nuke his teleport first and then I come to badger him and he clicks and... ImageImage...
I got him X5 in a recent Cranes game !!! Real happiness !!!

Otherwise, it's seems to me that if he had the admin tool AND CODES, he would be using it more than one time to be on Cranes every time he wants.
I had to do some policy patrols on CG because of a gang of french dummies that were kicking any player able to beat them so I use to take many unknown names and I regulary see Dondon voting for Cranes, some other players voting for something else and he never forced the mapvote. (but if he uses the on line admin remote, may be he noticed my IP ?.. but I don't believe this... He should be more clever !)