It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Katrina (ot)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:47 am 

Hurricane Katrina has wind speeds now of 184 mph. I know that Herm lives in the region, and I hope that everything will be okay there. Anyone else in that region, please get to a safe place. Those wind speeds, combined with rain and tornados are a death trap.
Looks like New Orleans will probably not make it through this one. :sad7:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:23 pm 

This is really is bad news.If see news talking about New Orleans.If Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans .I saw on news it take six months to pump all water if it get 12 to 15 feet water. After that 122 day ,check all building are safe return, to find all dead and if anybody still alive.This can be worse than 9/11 death count.Because there are two interstate way out . They think between 60% to 75% may get to safe place. There is over 1.5 million people that live there :angry7:

Post subject: Re: Katrina (ot)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:16 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:
Looks like New Orleans will probably not make it through this one. :sad7:

NO!!!!!!

I saw the aftermath of the last big one to hit there a few years ago. Took alot to dig out, but everything pretty much went back to normal. I was hoping to move there eventually, so they need to start working on some kind of wall, forcefield or something of the sort. Hang on down there, people.

Post subject: Nope
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:12 pm 
Site Admin

We aren't even going to get rain from it hear. This will be an awful storm for those folks so say a prayer for them. I wish we'd at least get some of the storm bands here but nope. 20% of rain here on Monday and then nothing at all all week till next weekend. I love New Orleans! Fun place. Been there once a couple years back. Was back at hotel and in bed totyally drunk by 8:00 pm the 1st night. They have a restuarant there named Petunia's after the proper spelling of the popular flower. The whole staff is gay but the Breakfast seafood crepes were to die for and I love bloody mary's now because of the ones I drank there. That place is a must if it survives and if any of you ever go. Later!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:19 am 

We are suppose to see 2 to 4 inches of rain and winds up to 40 mph as early as tonight or tomorrow from Hurricane Katrina.Hard to believe we can get hurricanes up here in Western PA.

MY may concern though is Kid he is in Mississippi.He's usually online by this time,hopefully he is just late for work lol. Kid please let us know you are ok down there.

I don't got to worry about Herm cause he has posted.

Hotts

P.S. Chef are getting anything from this storm?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:39 am 

Pssssst............Jackson, Mississippi............ya there?

Lotus

Post subject: Still alive and kicking......for now
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:47 am 

Yup it looks like dat B@#$H is gonna walk straight up in my backyard and not even ask permission. It's around 1:30 Monday afternoon and we are just starting to get the winds going around here. Had to go to work this morning and make some backups of work junk but luckly they let us go and shut down the store at noon.

The drive home was very odd to say the least. Half the power in downtown Jackson was already out and this was only with 40 mph gust. If it messed up stuff with just that little amount of wind I can only imgaine what it is gonna be like in the next 4 hours or so. Driving home with the wind wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be in the car but I got to pick up a new driving game in the process........ DODGE THAT LIMB!!! Was coming down one of the more wooded streets downtown and had a 4-6 inch diameter tree limb fall out about half a football field in front of my car. Took up two lanes on a 4 lane street. Limbs were down everywhere and there were parts of the road that were so covered with leaves that you would have thought they would need a bushhog just to clear it all off.

As of now I've still got power and the server is still up and running believe it or not LOL. Got all the nessasary items to get thru a day or two without power (knocking on wood and pray that doesn't happen). Just wish us luck with this monster and I'll have another report either later tonight or tomorrow depending on the situation.

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:32 pm 

Whew! hang in there |<id !! don't forget to get plenty of batteries and beer !! LOL !

IC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:35 pm 

Thank god you okay kid.We are get 1 inche rain.I Hope. One FEMA woker was kill one way down.He was driviing a 18 wheeler in Va.Wheel blow out .He was carry surpplies to where Hurricane Katrina hit down south.Image
PS How you going Tri?

Last edited by Scify on Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:42 pm 

scify wrote:
Thank god you okay kid.We are get 1 inche rain.I Hope. One FEMA woker was kill one way down.He was driviing a 18 wheeler in Va.Wheel blow out .He was carry surpplies to where Hurricane Katrina hit down south.Image
PS How you going Tri?

All quiet here now , it tapered off about 8:00 or so.

IC

Post subject: What a night!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:49 pm 

Welp its about 3 p.m. here and all is well for the most part.

Power flickered off and on throughout the night but no constant outage which is great considering the little town I live in Clinton which borders Jackson 3/4's of the town is out of power. Cable just came up a few minutes ago so I figured I'd better jump on and give a heads up before it decided to go off again.

Got out around noon today and went to see if anything was actually open. The gas stations that are open aren't selling gas so I've been sticking rather close to home. Luckly the chinese joint was open for a hot meal so that was actually nice. But with all the power out none of the idiots around here can seem to figure out that when there isn't a lit up street light that you FREAKIN STOP!!!

I'm gonna try in a bit to get out alitte more and actually try to snap a few pictures and post up. Looks like its gonna be a rather odd week around here and god I feel bad for the people in New Orleans and down on the MS gulf coast. Everybody keep these people in your prayers......they're gonna need it.

More to come.....

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:00 pm 

Good to hear that you are okay, Kid. You are right about New Orleans. I have heard that the mayor has issues a mandatory evacuation for ALL citizens now, and the waters keep rising.

Post subject: Everything is A-OK ... well for the most part
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:00 am 

Everything seems to be going pretty good for the most part around here. Yesterday was a huge clean up around the town for the most part and by the time I got out most everybody had at least their yards raked up and most of the tree limbs put out on the curb.

The main problem we are having around here is there are still alot of people without power all over the place. Gas is just about impossible to find so I've been sticking very close to home even tho the car has over a half of tank in it. There is only one grocery store open and Walmart for the past 24 hours looks like the day after Thanksgiving with all the people up there.

Haven't had to work for the past 3 days which has been rather nice but I surely didn't want a vacation like this one.

BTW the server is UP! With the power out I got a new IP addy so just hit up the Deathmatch tab and you should be able to find it.

God I feel so bad for the MS coast and N.O.

|<idcapri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:10 pm 

You know, I was somehow moved today to do something that I hope will be of assistance.
I have a vacation next week, and was going to do some stuff around the house. After seeing the complete devistation from Katrina, I decided to call the American Red Cross and volunteer my time to see if they need me. I was told that I would be needed for three weeks, which is impossible, but they did put me down for a week. With any luck, I will be getting a call tomorrow or Friday telling me that I am needed.
I really can not afford to give too much money to the cause, but right now, I think that I can be more helpful by doing whatever is needed, be it moving sandbags or cooking meals.
I am not telling you all this because I am seeking attention. I am really nervous because I will be doing something that I really have no clue about. Have any of you donated your time before, and if so, what did you do? Also, I will be going alone, so if you want to join me, that would be great :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:01 pm 

The Jargonaut wrote:
You know, I was somehow moved today to do something that I hope will be of assistance.
I have a vacation next week, and was going to do some stuff around the house. After seeing the complete devistation from Katrina, I decided to call the American Red Cross and volunteer my time to see if they need me. I was told that I would be needed for three weeks, which is impossible, but they did put me down for a week. With any luck, I will be getting a call tomorrow or Friday telling me that I am needed.
I really can not afford to give too much money to the cause, but right now, I think that I can be more helpful by doing whatever is needed, be it moving sandbags or cooking meals.
I am not telling you all this because I am seeking attention. I am really nervous because I will be doing something that I really have no clue about. Have any of you donated your time before, and if so, what did you do? Also, I will be going alone, so if you want to join me, that would be great :)

That great Jarg!!!!!!

My mother used to work for Red Cross.I help in past when nobody was home.She didn't want me alone.So I help out.My sister and I have help up day before to set up for blood drive for end year. For many years.
Best I can do gave some money to help.Believe it or not Scify I get gross out sight blood and other things.I know that sound strange play UT.I know that fake :colors: :colors: :colors: :colors:

PS
She never when out do those kind thing.