It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: METALMAN's latest time sucker...liberals beware!!!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:30 pm 

I just finished building this about 4 months ago. Its called an HK51. Its not an actual manufactured weapon, but a hybrid type weapon that you have to build yourself from scratch almost. Lots of internal modifications and the like.
If any of you know what an MP5 is, this is the same thing except it fires .308 !!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine a semi automatic hunting rifle with a 7" barrel!!!! Muahahahahahah!!!!

It is soooo freakin loud!!!!! AND it shoots a fireball about the size of a beach ball!!!! Very cool!!!! I have a video of me test firing it for the first time but have nowhere to host it. If anyone DOES, I'll send it to you!!!

And heres a shot of me shooting it. Couldnt catch the fireball all day!!! Tried and tried and tried!!! Guess I'll have to go shootin AGAIN to prove it to you all!!!!LOL!!!!

Man I love German engineering!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:03 pm 

Holy gun batman.

Can you make us one for a server lol joking.

Hotts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:43 pm 

I take it that modifying a weapon like that is legal in your state? How about the rest of the lower 48?

I know what an MP5 is, but I don't know which calibre is stock for that weapon. 9 mm? How is 7.62 an improvement?

I'll bet you get a groovy light show at night with that little buzz saw. :violent3: :pirate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:00 am 

Nice big NATO cartridge there brother.

My Bushmaster Arm Pistol is in .223 but it does sport a nice 11.63" barrel. You wouldn't guess that at fist glance. Also the Bushmaster is fired by firmly gripping the pistol grip, grasping the receiver, and twisting the pistol so that while the pistol grip is vertical, the receiver twists 40 degrees right or left. For righthanded shooters the receiver rests on the riaht forearm, with the ejection port to the right. For the left-handed shooter, the opposite applies.

Yes, yes I do beleive our guns could be friends.

a nameless entity wrote:
I take it that modifying a weapon like that is legal in your state? How about the rest of the lower 48?
I know what an MP5 is, but I don't know which calibre is stock for that weapon. 9 mm? How is 7.62 an improvement? :violent3: :pirate:

1) The modification aparently is not to "Full Auto" so it would be relativly cool with most states.

2) Though with a Class III license and what used to be a flat $200 tax conversion to "Full Auto" is still aloud in some states, just as some states still allow silencers so long as they are registered and you have paid the $200 transfer tax.

3) The 9mm cartridge has killed more people than any other cartride in the history of warfare. It is small, usually for pistols and submachine guns. The .308 or 7.62 if you prefer is a high power rifle cartridge that is also enjoyed by many light machine guns. Lets say the 9mm is Pam Anderson and the .308 or 7.62 is Arnold Schwarzenegger by comparison.

:pirate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:29 am 

Now if somebody could build one of these to chamber a 7mm Mag cartridge......fully auto....30 or 40 round clip.....

yeah, that'd be exactly made to order for the Wisconsin creek-bottom deer drives!

JB

Nevermore to grace the night....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:40 am 

Actually ANYONE can build ANY gun that is semi auto and within the receivers classification (i.e. SBR[short barreled rifle-requires an LEO sign off and $200 tax stamp], AOW [Any other weapon-sawed offf shotguns with a vertical grip, and anything else thats relatively unclassifiable], pistols, and long arms.), I had the HK51 registered as a pistol (hee hee hee) after the assault weapon ban expired, pistols are classified as anything without a buttstock and no forward grips. Before they had to be a certain weight as well, 56 ounces I think. The 51 is about 8 lbs!!! Rather beefy!!!
If you are not an FFL the receiver is registered in these ways by them, not you. I will be an SOT very soon here, I need to become incorporated so I can really get a full head of steam on this business.

Its still really accurate at 50 yards, It'll really rock the steel plates. But the feet per second has dropped massively due to barrel length, or lack thereof. Before I was around 2900fps now I think I am down to 1800! Still is a cool gun though!!! I love making the weird ones!

Hey Fluff-ster, how is that trigger pull on that bull pup? I've yet to encounter a good bullpup conversion for anything!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:03 am 

Hummmmm, trigger pull. I don't remember. Know that I think about it I have not fired it in over 16 years.

This baby is no converstion. It's straight from the factory. This is a very early 4 digit bushmaster arm pistol. It is the original version made in rochester NH by Gwinn firearms before the company moved to maine and was renamed bushmaster. It was designed for pilots who had to ditch and uses any AR15 or M16 magazines. It swivels to accomadate right or left hand shooters. Rare and unique.

First saw one in a Chopper (custom motor cycles to you youngsters) magazine in the mid 1970's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:15 am 

Sorry fluff,
I didn't mean to imply any shortcomings to the actual configuration. Very cool looking. I am a big fan of the FN P90

I think this is a movie gun, but its just the first one I googled.Mag looks fake.

I've fired FA ones and man are they the best designed sub guns I have seen yet. That 5.7x28mm cartridge is pretty usefull too. Too bad its proprietary right now. LE will change that soon hopefully.

Anyway, I was more looking to see what the trigger pull was like since the fire control group is rear of the actual trigger in all bullpup designs. This means that there is a long disconnector bar that will hamper a smooth low # pull!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:07 pm 

Isn't the trigger pulled determined by whether you're married or single. :usa2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:46 pm 

How about making me one of these that works.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:28 pm 

BAH!If yer gunna go star wars on me, do it right!

In reality I think I'll just have to settle for a triple mini!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:57 pm 

Thats home protection! I just have my itty bitty .45 ruger....but I luv'er.

Puff, Puff, Give

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:20 pm 

The triple mini would be cool. I worked on a Vulcan in the army. 20mm and 3000+ rounds a minute. Would love to see 3 of those in a set up like the mini setup.

"I love the sound of GODLIKE in the morning."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:58 pm 

Mortis wrote:
How about making me one of these that works.....

Looks like someone cobbled together parts from an old Sten MK1 Submachinegun and an Austen Submachinegun. Not to be funtional but to achive a desired look.

Damn reminds me of the good ol' days before 9/11 when I used to sell receiver plans and some full sets of plans for submachineguns and machineguns on EBay. Now seems like everyone sells them.

Just a sample of "SOME" of the plans I have:
1919A4, AMERICAN 180, BAR, BMG 50, FN FAL, HK P7 RECEIVER PLANS, HOTCHKISS, LUGER P08, M3A1-GREASE GUN, M14 RECEIVER PLANS, M16 RECEIVER PLANS, M60 RECEIVER PLANS, M203 RECEIVER PLANS, MAC10 9MM, MAC11, MG34, MG42, MP38, MP40, PPSH41, SIG P57 RECEIVER PLANS, STEN RECEIVER PLANS, STEN SCHEMATIC, STEYER MP34, SWEDISH K, THOMPSON 1928 RECEIVER PLANS, THOMPSON M1A1, UZI, VICKERS, VIGNERON :pirate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:10 pm 

Hey METALMAN,
Seen ur sporting a Kilt there. Did you miss the The Livermore
Scottish Games and Celtic Celebration in my back yard (actually 2.57 miles from my driveway)?

http://www.livermoregames.com/

Notice: The Third Annual Livermore Scottish Games and Celtic Festival will be held May 20th and 21st, 2006, at Robertson Park in Livermore

:pirate: