It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:28 am 

Fluff-en-heimer,
Hey I'de like to have all those plans on my shelf at some point. How much would you charge for all of them? I dont have much to trade, I can give you all the technical measurements of the HK 51 I built, but everything else is all in my head. Again, bein poor makes you figure things out the hard way!!!! LOL!!! But I seriously would like to get all of those plans from you.
I start a new job on Monday, so I can start stockpiling ammo again (bein that I blast 1K a month on average) and getting more guns.
On the bonus side as well. I got a job in welding/fabrication, so I will have access to a C&C machine that I can start making AK receiver flats on, as well as any number of cool projects. Unfortunately they dont do mill or lathe work.

IM me with a price and I'll send you some dough!!!

As far as the celtic games go...nope....wasnt there. I pretty much wear the kilt for the air conditioning!!!!

PS arent there some Sterling elements in there as well!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:45 pm 

|3iGi wrote:
Thats home protection! I just have my itty bitty .45 ruger....but I luv'er.

Heh, heh...I've got a S&W Model 686 D.C.M. .357 Magnum. Excellent for home defense. It's also excellent for hunting in heavy cover. I've taken a coyote and a couple of deer with this revolver.
I love my six-gun.

JB

Nevermore to grace the night....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:11 pm 

Sledge Hammer fans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:54 pm 

Would somebody define the word "receiver" in the context of a weapon, for me please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:43 pm 

receiver:
The body of the weapon in which most, if not all, the parts issue into. The receiver is also the ONLY part of the weapon that the BATFE requires paperwork on.

For example. I built an AK, AR, FAL, and HK 51. All of which require a receiver to function. The receivers are the only part thAT i HAD TO FILE PAPERWORK ON. I bought all the other parts on my own, and with no paperwork.

Basically, the receiver is how the government tracks the sale of a weapon, that way you dont have to fill out paperwork for every little part, just one.

FAL receiver:

AK receiver:

HK G3 receiver:

AR15/M16 receiver:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:33 pm 

METALMAN wrote:
receiver:
The body of the weapon in which most, if not all, the parts issue into. The receiver is also the ONLY part of the weapon that the BATFE requires paperwork on.

AR15 DROP IN AUTO SEAR

They do like paper work on little accessories like this too. :pirate:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:52 am 

Yes yes ...but dont entice people into thinking they can just BUY one and register it with the BATFE. You either have to have a C&R or FFL to even purchase one.And dont forget to rell people that the FA fire control group costs $199!!!! Instead of $20 for the semi version!!! That whole racket is such a load. I was talking to a guy who has a C&R and bought an MP5 in full auto, gues how much it cost? Just guess!!! $15,000!!!!! What a rip off. I built an MP5 for $750, and it COULD have been FA but it was going to someone without an FFL or C&R so it was modified into SA . The way to go if you wanna shoot FA is get your SOT, make $500 a year to pay for the licence each year, and assemble demilled kits, which almost always are still FA. Nothin like a $120 AK in FA!!!

Full auto is fine, but you really need the cash for it. I've fired so many FA guns that I could've bought a new gun with the ammo I burnt up in them. The mystique wears thin when you have to replace a barrel because its shot out.

Now silencers, thats a whoooole different coolness. I still love silencers. A collegue of mine has a integral supressed Ruger MK2, when fired, you hear the hammer click, then you either see or hear the round downrange. My little girls love shooting that one!!!!

BTW I am breeding quite the little sharpshooter:
ImageImage
Please ...no crap about her not having safety glasses. I forgot. And the old 'I never wore safety glasses when I was a kid' excuse never works, I know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:04 am 

Very Cool MM,
If you bring your young ones up right, they are very aware of just how deadly a tool a firearm truly is. You also remove so much of the mystery that draws upon young undisciplined minds. Much like driving. How bad do most young people want to drive? Usually pretty bad. Stick them behind the wheel for 12 to 18 hours a day for a week and the become pretty content with sitting back and relaxing in the passenger seat.
Had my oldest hunting since he was 7 with a little .410 O/U. Great times.
My father grew up in the sticks. 1st through 12th grade were all in one room. He and his buddies would take their rifles to school and lean them up in the corner of the class room. After school they would hunt all the way home.
Different world. No gang bangers, kids weren't killing kids and everyone had guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:29 pm 

I was more a fisherman growin up more than anything.

But

I had a Daisy red rider in my hands as soon as I could cock the thing. Shot it so much it busted, and I turned it into a sod shootin daisy red rider!! HAHAH!!!

My dad had me shooting real early, and was frickin militant about gun safety, as am I. The girls and I go through a lot of gun safety. They think its pretty boring, but they have never 'swept' anyone. Never do they have their fingers on the trigger until they are ready to shoot, and always clear the weapon after shooting it. I am a pretty lucky dad.

Wish there were rivers in Kansas and Missouri that weren't cloudy and slow. I cant get the hang of lake fishing. I think I like walking the river as much as I do fishing.

Fluff-u-tron...I'm serious about getting those diagrams from you!!!! IM me!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:49 pm 

I also would like to know what's with the dress??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:21 pm 

METALMAN wrote:
Fluff-u-tron...I'm serious about getting those diagrams from you!!!! IM me!!!!

Been busy Metal. Landed a bunch of work and have to secure materials and such before markets move. But your request is noted and when time permits I will give it an honest look.

The Jargonaut & $VETTE$,
Nice avatars :pirate:

Post subject: WOOT!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:41 pm 

OH YEAH OH YEAH????? well check out my gramma's gun