It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: MHM issues...
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

MHM kept locking up even though I ran it from a batch that was supposed to reboot it if it locked up. It would reboot by itself but only after I clicked yes or no to sending a report to microsoft about the crash that happened. It was always a UCC error and it was almost always only happening to MHM and not CG. So I have set up MHM to run as a service while CG still launches from a bat file in the startup. I'm not sure if there is really a difference but ram usage should be better and I'm hoping since it is a service and not a program now that if it does lock up, it will reboot by itself. I also removed a couple more suck-a** maps and Blondie has sent me another one to add. More on this later once it's tested and added. Later!

Hermskii,

Last edited by Hermskii on Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:20 pm 

Both of them are down! :(

Post subject: Darn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Darn! Even a service doesn't have a chance versus a full system lock up! Did I mention the heat issues? I already have it running without a side of the case on it. I need to get it a better fan or something. Thanks for the heads up.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:13 pm 

How about a new server??? I got some spare parts layin around. :lol:

Post subject: Hey!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:33 am 
Site Admin

Hey Hippie! We'll talk but I think the server is in good order, it's just overheating some. Switching MHM over to a service seems to have done the job pretty well too. Since I made the change, it has only crashed once and that was a full lockup (overheating). The mouse was just sitting there stuck. The problem with running MHM as a a service is it doesn't create a crash log for me to inspect and fix problems with. Schwantz sent me this entire server about a year ago or maybe a little longer. He had the extra parts and and didn't have the extra time anymore to run it so he handed it off to me. (Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!) I will hand it off to someone else in the future but I'm having way too much fun with it for that to happen anytime soon. I hope it is doing him proud.

BTW:

I have a report from another forum that the server is trying to load a Trojan called "BLA Trojan". Naturally this player is using Norton personal firewall and I have had reports of this in the past. He was unable to give be a full cut and paste of the report. I ran the full scan against the entire server and it found nothing. I think it has something to do with his virus scan hueristics set too high and the server running through UDP port 7737 instead of UDP port 7777 like everyone elses. I did that to avoid generic DOS attacks from a year ago when they were bad. It's not a standard UT port so I think his program is giving him a false positive and calling it the closest thing it thinks it may be which would be this BLA Trojan which may aways try to use this same port. Who knows? Anyone else getting this alert ever? If so, what program is calling the alert and can I have a full report? Thanks!

Hermskii,