It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: FINALLY!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

I finally took the time to learn how to start the servers from a batch file. The plus is when they crash, they are supposed to restart by themselves rather than me figuring it out the next day and rebooting the servers then! MHM is already on the batch file method. CG will be by Tuesday night. This is a goal I've been meaning to reach for about two years! It wasn't that hard but the mutators gave me hell. It is a pain in the butt a little. Funny thing is I also now know how to run the servers as services. This will mean if I do it that if I set my mobo to power on after a power failure, it will restart the servers then too as well as reboot the servers if they ever crash. This will mean I won't have to baby sit the box anymore! Later!

On a side note, since I totally reinstalled MHM in an effort to identify why all of the health disappeared, I lost the list of "Maps that SUCK". Please, note the broken or bad ones and tell me here so I can take them out of the cycle. Thanks!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:13 pm 

Any map that calls itself "Treasure". All of them suck bad.

Post subject: Did it!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:56 am 
Site Admin

Tonight, I got both servers set up to run from batch files that will restart themselves if either of the servers crash. I was able to run them as services too so they'd start up each time the machine started but the program I had to do this with, limited me to one server. So, I put both batch files in the start up folder! Now when I start the computer up, both servers auto-launch! There's more!!! I then changed the setting in my bios that if there is a power failure, that it should restart the pc once power is restored. This is great because I can now be out of town a million miles away and have a bad storm hit like one did tonight. The power can go out all night long. When it comes back though, the server will boot up and launch both servers. I don't ever have to touch that server box again if I don't want to! Now! I have time to start getting ready for the new family addition! He'll be here in just over 3 weeks! I can't wait!

Nameless, I did not find any maps called Treasure.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:08 am 

Herm...I know you cant wait. Get ready for no sleep though. Let me know if ya need any advice. He will be the best christmas present you ever got. Mine will be 1yr on Dec 23rd and he still is the best present ill get this year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:00 am 

Herm sometime babies can be late. Both my sister kids were late girl was three week late and boy was two week late.He was born close to christmas. He be born on time it Been 12/22/83 but He was born 1/05/84.