It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Doom3 problems
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:00 pm 

Activision is trying to help solve this issue but just keep on telling me to update my bios and video drivers. I had no problem with my ti4200 bye the way. I just bought a 6800gt with is what im having the problems with. Basically when I try to exit doom it freezes and I have to ctrl/alt/delete to shut down doom but than my desktop colors are like yellow and all screwed up which I have to reboot and everything is fine. All my oyher games are fine just doom3. Ive tried everything as far as making sure my sound and vid, and motherboard drivers are up to date. There is a bios update but it is for support of amd 3200 so there is no need for me to update. I have reinstalled the game twice already removing all saved files and still no luck. The only thing left is to uninstall my nivida drivers use my driver cleaner and install 61.77 drivers again. The game itself plays fine. I'm scratching my head on this one so is activision. Ive heard of alot of problems relating to doom3 and farcry latley but farcry runs great. Maybe there will be a patch sometime soon.........

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:22 pm 
Site Admin

I have that same issue with Quake III sometimes and a couple of other games. It's like they won't give video control back to the OS. When it happens to me, my screen usually converts to sixteen colors and 640 X 480. Then it just sits there looking all ugly. I have to reboot then all of my icons are shuffled about. OpenGL does it to me the most even in UT sometimes. Hope you get a patch soon. Later

Hermskii,

Last edited by Hermskii on Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:06 pm 

Thanks herm i was actually going to install q3 tonight havent played that one in awhile.