It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: OMG they are makeing UT 2005
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:54 pm 

I was reading other forum where i been finding these maps and mods
Gamespot UT2004 Videos, Interview & Preview
by hal at 10:15 AM EDT (Unreal Tournament 2004) [ 0 Comments ] #3640

Gamespot continues their coverage of UT2004 with a hands-on preview of UT2004 from the same press event that our very own Prophetus attended.

Also, for subscribers only, you can check out three new gameplay videos and a video interview with Epic's CliffyB and Jay Wilbur. The gameplay videos feature more footage of AS-MotherShip, a tank vs AVRiL battle, and some Onslaught footage of players fighting over a power node.

In the interview video, Epic VP Jay Wilbur confirms UT2005 and UT2006. Not surprising, but we've heard ambiguous comments on the certainty of yearly updates in the past. Jay flat out says:
... although we've started to draw some stuff out on the drawing board, we don't have anything solid. But I can tell you that there will be an '05, there will be an '06. That's our plan, is to keep the franchise going in that vein."

http://www.beyondunreal.com/daedalus/si ... hp?id=3640

Here is vid ftp://www.ozfiles.net/gamevids/unreal3_0002.wmv

and

Epic Games' Jay Wilbur confirmed in September 2003 that there will be an Unreal Tournament 2005 and Unreal Tournament 2006.
... although we've started to draw some stuff out on the drawing board, we don't have anything solid. But I can tell you that there will be an '05, there will be an '06. That's our plan, is to keep the franchise going in that vein.
No further information is available on these titles, however its likely that UT2005 will be the first title to adopt Epic's original yearly update plan. This means that when UT2005 is released, it'll likely include UT2004 as well as any bonus packs released for that title. Also, with UT2004-UT2005 being a minor update, its likely that UT2004 owners will be able to upgrade to UT2005 for free.

As for Unreal Tournament 2007, its likely that it will be developed on Unreal Engine 3 and released sometime in 2006 or 2007, after Epic's 'Next Big Thing', as Mark Rein explains.
For sure we'll do another Unreal Tournament game, and we'll do it with [Unreal Engine 3].
For this reason, its obvious that UT2007 will be a whole new game rather than a continuation of the UT2003/4/5 codebase, which is based around Unreal Engine
http://www.beyondunreal.com/main/future ... php#ut2007