It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fraghouse Invasion v3 released!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:50 pm 

That's right, version 3 of this funky mod we spent ages on has been released! Here's a list of the main new features:

* Revamped style of play - you can hide out in your base, hog the ammo and health and snipe at the monsters from afar or get stuck in with the spammier weapons.
* A collection of cool new weapons designed for taking down the enemies, including the Mini rocket launcher, Flare launcher, Volva, BS69 and Yichus among other weapons such as the super Howitzer weapon and the Widowmaker.
* A bunch of new monsters to replace the old, stale ones from the original Unreal. You'll find monsters such as near-invisible Ghosts to avoid, Werebeasts to be savaged by, Solid Shot soldiers to be sniped by and flying Ictus to be pummelled into oblivion by.
* Objective maps - most of which involve working as a team to destroy the onslaught of monsters, infiltrate their base of operation and complete a small number of objectives to win the match.
* Boss maps - on maps prefixed with BOSS, when you reach the final wave a boss will be spawned and you will have to kill it. Each boss has 20,000 health points and will shoot at a player whenever they are shot at, so it is advisable to use the map's features as cover!
* Over 30 new maps to leave stained monster blood on, ranging from space ports to desert dunes, eastern Chinese lands and lava-filled barren wastelands.
* Many, many bug fixes, including (we hope!) the legendary Stinger bug. Tons of additions, new weapon models, new monster skins, a much harder challenge than regular Invasion.

And what exactly is Fraghouse Invasion again?

Fraghouse Invasion is a large collection of new maps, weapons, monsters, skins, models and a variety of other content that has been built from one code twist of the original Invasion. It takes the normal Invasion gametype and gives it a few subtle tweaks that make immense gameplay changes. Monsters are spawned at specific locations rather than player starts, meaning the players can start in a fort structure as a defence from the oncoming hordes of monsters!

So, you can get the ZIP version http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... v3_zip.zip and the UMOD version http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... 3_umod.zip !

Post subject: Ok OK
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:02 pm 
Site Admin

I have to say that after the trouble I had with the last version and the terrible install they used that I had avoided installing the copy of FHI2 I have. Well, I downloaded this version 3 UMOD because they bragged about how much better the install was. They were totally right! It installed perfectly just like UT Bonus Packs installed. Note the readme says that to launch this mod you have to go to Start\Programs\FragHouseInvasion V3\Play FragHouseInvasion2K4. They have several new Monsters and Skeletons and all sorts of pretty good weapons. This is a huge improvement on their last effort. It's 71mb in size so beware. I think this UMOD officially puts these guys on the map with Chaos UT and CPB. If you have UT2K4 then you need to get the UMOD version of FragHouseInvasion V. 3 and install it. Remeber, on the last window of the install where it offers to let you play or read the readme......read the readme! Let us know what you think.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:18 pm 

there is better way to launch game. Go to reg UT 2k4 click on community page there tabs there.Find one that say User mods.There be list mods u have install.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:30 pm 

I trust this latest version installs overtop of the old one?

I sure don't want to have two versions of the same mod in my game. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:34 pm 

No :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:16 pm 

Bummer! :?

Is there a way to remove the old mod? (Short of reinstalling the whole game?)

Post subject: Hmmm
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

I don't know to be honest. Act like you are going to unistall UT2K4 and see if it's in the list of mods to unistall. If it's not, cancel the uninstall then look for it in the start\programs\whatever it's called. etc etc. Let us know.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:54 pm 

I think there is remove insige FHI Mos Itself?I see it has re move some file in UT 2k4 System file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:53 am 

No way to do it from the start menu, or the uninstaller. The mod is not separately listed. I'll fire up the game now and see what I can do.

No way to do from within the game that I could see either. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:10 pm 

Just delete FHI MOD folder from ut 2k4 folder :D I see new mod has unstall thing
Copy this from Parser

Just to clarify, we renamed the folder to FHI2k4 so there wouldn't be v2/v3 file conflicts (leftover .ucl files, etc..) - you can safely delete FHIMod.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:09 pm 

Fraghouse Invasion v3.1 patch released
Ok, we've released a small patch for Fraghouse Invasion just to tidy up a few things we forgot on release of v3. Here's the short changelist:

* Fixed Nepolia spider boss spore projectiles - they are fired now.
* Fixed the static mesh collision problems in FHI-BOSS-Ice.
* Got rid of normal Skaarj completely (too much spam and fps loss because of the projectiles).
* Bosses toughened up a notch.
* Yichus Player view offset changed so you can see more of the model.
* Stinger now fires flare projectiles from its gun attachment.
* Added in the Heavy Vehicles mutator by Radiosity.

It is recommended that both server admins running a FHIv3 server and players update with this patch. If you want clients to automatically grab the files off a fast redirect, set your redirect url to http://www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/redirect/ - I won't explain how here, this is just for server admins.

umod here http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... h_umod.zip

zip http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... ch_zip.zip