It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Shooting for June 5th
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:04 pm 

Hello, thanks for the visit. I know what you want to hear, so I'm gonna gonna cut right to the chase and tell you.

It seems that Phase 3 of the MSU Contest has been extended by a week, and so we've decided to go ahead and take advantage of that time to polish up the first release.

So as of right now the plan is to have Chaos for UT2004 available for public download on Saturday, June 5th. But of course as you know, release dates are always subject to change (I think we're gonna make it though).

There has been a lot of progress recently, and we've got a bunch of new pics to share (counting the POTW, there's 25 new shots!). There is also an edited changelog listed below the pics if you're interested in reading some details.

nd if you've not seen them yet, there are even more shots on our screenshots page.

And here's an edited version of the latest changelog;
=--------------------------
* Added vehicle checks in Proxycontroller so they now attack vehicles only if they are being driven
* Added vehicle checks in TurretController so turrets now attack vehicles only if they are being driven
* Added unfreezing shatter effect
* Added in GUI changes to the ChaosSeverBroswer (Pointed the IRC to connect to the Chaotic dreams chat room, ect), get the new ini's
* Added in a fix to force turrets to despawn between ONS and AS rounds
* Tweaked ChaosServer Broswer to look for 'chaos games'
* Added Chaos BG to ServerBrowser
* Tweak Duel GameControll menu to list vitories instead of frags
* Tweaked sleeping proxies to wake up if placed too close to a vehicle factory (where vehicles spawn)
* Put a check in CrossbowStandardBolt to ensure it does not try to remove the head if a player is not dead
* Tweak turretbecons to help them spawn 'better'
* Aligned some of the ammo icons to fit in the weapons bar
* Fixed issue with ERDW not drawing hitwall effects when using ALT fire
* Changed count check in CGL weapon select to 2 so that it plays the Disruptor select sound for the correct nades
* Set bAlwaysGibs=false to false in DamTypeClawNeedleKami as to let the 3rd person view work when kami explodes
* Fixed issue with that prevented switching weapons on small turrets
* Fixed issue where you did not get back any ammo after pickup up a turret beacon
* Vehicles that get hit with the distruptor will now play 'electirc sounds while they are 'flashed'
* Added in Spa team skins to turrets
* Adjusted team light on turrets so it shows better
* Turret kills in stats go to Turrets instead of Turret Launcher
* Added ammo icons to MUG ammos
* Added in a chaos section to the settings tab (only when Chaos is activated via mod menu)
* Added vehicular headshot for Chaos Sniper
* Added/edited gametype loading screen hints
* Sleeping Proxies now awake when they are placed 'too' close to a Vehicle Factory (vehicle spawn point)
* Added Chaos Weapon Locker, gives even chance of recieving alternate ammo (I.E. XBow: No extra 25% Explosive 25% Flaming 25% Poison 25%)
* Tweaks to the Distrupter effect for vehicles (slows you down a bit before it stops, prevents primary weapon fire)
* Tweaks to weapon bar icons - CGL, CPP, Claw, DAxe, Hammer, Daggers
* Tweaked the turret so it handles vehicles better

http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~chaotic/in ... index=vlow