It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Fraghouse Invasion 2k4 version 2
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:56 pm 

A new version 2 of Fraghouse Invasion 2k4 has been released, and it takes advantage of the new patch's fixed Mod Support system! You do need the 3204 patch to run this mod properly, although there are ways around it.

Just a quick recap of what FHI2k4 is about :

Fraghouse Invasion takes the normal Invasion gametype and gives it a few subtle tweaks that make immense gameplay changes. Monsters are spawned at specific locations rather than player starts, meaning the players can start in a fort structure as a defence from the oncoming hordes of monsters! Brand new maps and weapons are included. Tweaks have been made to the gameplay, for example, you get a minutes-worth of warmup time, and a new method of spawning monsters which decreases CPU load and saves frame-rates - Max Monsters Per Player.

Here's a short list of changes, but there are tons more we forgot about (as usual!):

- 21 playable maps, 1 intro map
- All bugs known about have been fixed
- 2 new weapons, 2 new monsters, new vehicles on top of the wealthy selection of cool new weapons from before.
- The 2 new monsters, the Trogg and Skeleton, are designed to furfil the requirements of those who complained previously about just having to sit there and camp. They will come after you very quickly, so beware..
- Server connecting bug should now be history thanks to the separate mod folder. Although we're still convinced this is Epic's problem...
- New main menu and loading screen thanks to the graphical talent of Daedalus
- A new mod logo for the community mod menu
- A batch file to launch a server (until Epic fixes the GUI bug with mod support), another to clean up the v1 files that manifested themselves in the standard folders, another one to launch FHI2k4 itself and a final one to launch UnrealEd for FHI2k4.
- The mod directory, the new main menu and the optimised 21 maps seem to give the mod a more "professional" sheen, and we're very happy with it as a major advance on v1.
- Bandwidth usage optimised as much as possible - that means redundant code baleeted among with some other replication problems.
- Mapvote bug has been "worked around" - nice one for not fixing it, Epic... (so has the server connecting bug, also an Epic problem)

Here are the list of maps included with this version:

FHINV-ArcticDam by lvlorpheus
FHINV-DesertAssault by Icedude
FHINV-DustyDune2 by Parser
FHINV-EasternLands by Daedalus
FHINV-Fortress by Parser
FHINV-GaliantGate by Parser
FHINV-Goroland by Parser
FHINV-GreenTower by Parser
FHINV-HillFort by Icedude/Parser
FHINV-IceRegions by Parser
FHINV-Mansion2 by Icedude
FHINV-MegaRigs by Destro7000
FHINV-Reestablishment by Daedalus
FHINV-Ruins by DanielZ
FHINV-Sanctity by Daedalus
FHINV-Skorcher by Icedude
FHINV-TempleOfTime by Icedude
FHINV-Tomb by Rampancy
FHINV-Underground by Parser
FHINV-WasteLand by Parser
FHINV-WatchTower by Icedude
IntroFHINV by Icedude

Also note that you need to extract to C:/UT2004 Install path/FHIMod (change drive letter and install path where appropriate). So for example, mine would be:

D:/UT2004/FHIMod ( Which hard drive it for u mine is C Scify )

Linux users can also extract by renaming the .exe to .zip then extracting all the files EXCEPT CacheRecords.ucl into the normal UT2004 folders (retain directory structure). The mod will still work, though not as effectively as it would if the Linux 3204 patch was official.

http://download.beyondunreal.com/filewo ... vasion.exe
It huge download
Make sure u have patch it won't work. This will make FHIMOD folder inside UT2k4 leave it there.

If u missing UT2k4Secure http://www.asup61.dsl.pipex.com/ut2k4secure.zip

Post subject: Yep
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Sounds like a must get.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:41 am 

He got it set D is hard drive like this D:/UT2004/FHIMod. That where I mess up.Mine is C mine goes like this C:/UT2004/FHIMod.
It make other folder in UT 2k4 add UT2k4Secure . Just in u do server in system in FHIMod. It cool mod u get 500 Heatlh to start out. Has cars too just like ons maps.Only thing in not in game Unless I do something wrong which nothing new.

Post subject: You are correct sir!
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:09 am 

Hermskii wrote:
Sounds like a must get.

Oh yes; it is!

I finally got around to installing it last night, and hooked up with Scify to play. Nice maps! Cool weapons. There were 3 servers that came up in the server browser. We chose an empty one, but we were not alone in there for very long. :)

Post subject: Me
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

I saw at least 50 when I looked in the server browser! It appears to be fun and the maps and weapons are cool.

Hermskii,