It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: Bonus pack coming next
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:10 pm 

Epic UT2004 Bonus Pack - First Details
by RaptoR at 6:24 PM EDT (Unreal Tournament 2004) [ 16 Comments ] #5711

A thread on the Atari forums gives some details of a possible upcoming Epic Bonus Pack for UT2004. Firstly, after applying the recent UT2004 patch, three new characters are added to your XPlayers.int file (Mecha Skaarj, Necris and Metal Guard). While they aren't playable yet, it looks like these are being put in place in preparation for a future bonus pack.
Name: Mekkor
Race: Skaarj
Mekkor is from the Black Fist Clan, sworn enemies of the Iron Skull Clan. Severely injured in battle, he is testing his new cybernetic armor in the Tournament.

Name: BarkTooth
Race: Metal Guard
Barktooth would rather rip an opponent to shreds with his bare hands than fight from afar. He also finds close range Flak shots very satisfying.

Name: Kragoth
Race: Necris
After an absence of several years, the Necris are preparing a return to the Tournament. Kragoth is participating to scout the competition.
Also, Secret Level designer Rachel Cordone sends word of some bonus pack content on display at E3 2004...
I met Willhaven at E3 and saw the Epic Bonus Pack WIP. From what I saw it was 4 or 5 ONS maps, one of which with the spacefighters and another with Mantas hovering on water... There was an island hopping one that had the Mantas hovering on water, an asteroid one that had the center node only accessible by Spacefighters, and a city one designed by Willhaven. Don't remember seeing the others.
Sounds like we're in for a treat!