It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: THE REBATE IS OPEN TO CANADA AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:19 pm 

REBATE CLARIFICATION AND Q's TO MAC
Everyone,

There have been many questions about the rebate included in Unreal Tournament 2004. I am hoping that this initial post will answer most of them. I will be trying to answer all questions on this thread on a daily basis.

The below statements refer to the NORTH AMERICAN rebate offer. The European rebate is NOT under my jurisdiction.

CHANGES MADE

1) THE REBATE IS OPEN TO CANADA AND CANADIAN RESIDENTS
(Note to self: Do not screw with Canadian Unreal Fans; especially when Mark Rein is Canadian.)

2) I have backed up the purchase dates to include consumers who pre-ordered the game.

Here is how the ‘new’ rebate rules read with the new changes. They are hard rules. We stick to these rules to combat people who would take advantage of any exploits.

1) Enclose the completed rebate coupon
2) Enclose a clean, clear copy of the original receipt for Unreal Tournament 2004, dated before May 14th, 2004. Please Circle UT2004 with a black or blue pen
3) Please enclose the original manual cover from Unreal Tournament 2003. (Copies not accepted.)

“Terms and Conditions”
1. Purchase one (1) UT2004 video game. Offer good only on purchases made in the United States and Canada before Mat 14th, 2004.
2. … To qualify for this rebate, you must be a legal U.S. or Canadian resident 18 years of age or older. Offer good in the United Stated and Canada.

All other Terms and Conditions stated on the rebate coupon apply.

Suggestions:

1. Make copies of your rebate information before sending them in.
2. Send in the original materials. Do not send copies.
3. Complete the entire rebate coupon.

Some people have mentioned that they do not have the UT2003 manual cover. This is the component that most consumers may have still had when we broke down the pieces inside the UT2003 packaging. If you do not fall into the category of ‘most consumers’ sorry but we have to have some rules to avoid a complete exploits. If I could avoid this rule I would.

If you have legitimate questions regarding this information I will be back here to answer them. If your question begins with, “But what if…” think about what you are asking. “But what if…” questions on this topic usually end up asking to change / bend the rules.

We have bent the rules as far as they are going to bend on this rebate.

Last edited by Scottmc on 04-09-2004 at 02:46 PM
I saw this at Infogamer forum

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/sho ... did=368939