It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: test
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:59 pm 
Site Admin

This is my first attempt using voice recognition so far I'm very impressed I can almost be too fast as I want to have an early train did so for this does work much better than typing apparently it has problems with grammar all have to teach it hides one of the drop below line in use in this thread as a test I said trop you all a line not draw below a line as you can see it still has a few problems hall get around in making this right already though this is very exciting does all for now I said Is all for now bad is all for now it doesn't know the word that I'm now what does strange see a CEO see you

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:29 pm 

I have the voice 5.1 on my win2k machine....but I am guessing I need windows xp or office xp to use it? Is there a free program out there we can use, I looked and had no luck. Have office 2k pro....might check the cd?

Puff, Puff, Give

Post subject: 5.1
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:34 pm 
Site Admin

That's what I have. I'm typing this. I still have to train it more. I don't know the answer to your question. Go to help and see if it tells you there. Later.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 10:02 pm 

hmmmm....I don't like microsoft.

Puff, Puff, Give

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:20 am 

This is a trial run .I am speaking .it's typing by its at it is too hard .Blast won't me say self........................I need practice .my spelling will improve and my grammar .thank you Jarg.(you wouldn't believe how many times I said your name it got It wrong )for telling me which you Had .I need lots of practice .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:40 am 

Bige go to Help and Support center on your computer go to index
tpye in lanuage bar then find showing click on showing. It show bring page like this...

This where find speech Recognition program on u computer
To show the Language bar
Open Regional and Language Options in Control Panel.
On the Languages tab, under Text services and input languages, click Details.
Under Preferences, click Language Bar.
Select the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box.
Notes

To open Regional and Language Options, click Start, click Control Panel, click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options, and then click Regional and Language Options.
The Language bar is displayed automatically if you install a text service such as handwriting, speech, or an Input Method Editor (IME). However, if you close the Language bar, you can use this procedure to redisplay it.
If you minimized the Language bar to the taskbar, click the Language icon () on the taskbar and then click Show the Language bar.
Once the Language bar is displayed, you can right-click it to display a menu. Use this menu to change settings for the Language bar, such as docking it on the taskbar or adding text labels.
Related Topics
then apply click on Advanceced Uncheck System Configuration then check in box at compantibility Configuration
Go back to setting Click on Language bar there are four box check all then but u don't have check one that say transparent then click on okay. there should be bar on top.I hope this help u.God I type this I hope u understand this some is copy and paste.Or Anyone can explain this better please do it.It me one hour and half get this start on my computer .Every time I unplug it have go back reset it :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:26 pm 

BTW, At the end of sentences, say "period" to put in a period. I have to figure out how to correct mistakes. I have used Dragon's Naturally Speaking, but the same commands do not work with Windows. Have fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:51 pm 

thanks scif...I had read that on windows site, but believe it only applies to xp...I don't have the regoinal and languages setting on mine, just regional in control panel...

Puff, Puff, Give

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:34 pm 

what window do u have? May some one esle can help I have Window 98 SE I kinow there is voice on that.but I don't know it same.I look at it I can't find it So Window 98 SE doesn't have. maybe they have a program for that window . Did you check Microsoft for a program . I check my old computer which has windows 98 S. E. I went to my control panel did not show date,language , text and time . which got me in trouble I got illegal operation . Does this sound better . I pretty much spoke this instead of typing it .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:03 pm 

I have windows 2k....I saw the Narrator program which reads some stuff for you but it doesn't seem to work great....also have a speech icon in the control panel....

I have looked and just don't see it working....anyone who knows what is wrong is a bigger computer nerd than me....lol

Puff, Puff, Give

Post subject: Hmmm
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

As near as I can tell, there is some kind of this software built into Windows 2000 too. Right click on the task bar and see if there is an option for a language bar in the toolbars section.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:23 pm 

the jarg. Said
Scify, You have to set it up in Windows. Go to Control Panels/Sound, Speech, and Audio Devices/Speech. It is a good idea to train the speech recognition program a few times. Remember, It will not be 100% correct, but it is better than typing.
bigi did you do that where jarg.to control panel To speech and Audio device /speech . To set that up . I am getting better at this .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:33 pm 

bigi I think I found you something . That may help you at Microsoft .com
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defau ... aritem.asp
But I am not sure this will help you . I hope this will. I see you on on real(blast thing won't let me say unreal) tournament 2004

Post subject: Re: Hmmm
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:41 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
As near as I can tell, there is some kind of this software built into Windows 2000 too. Right click on the task bar and see if there is an option for a language bar in the toolbars section.

That's interesting. After I installed UT 2004, I got two microphone icons on my task bar. I closed them, because I thought they might steal resources. Now I have them back, and a restore icon also.

Hey, I just had a look at the restore icon, and how I've got a "help" icon too! Weird!

Anyway, earlier tonight Scify was using her headset to talk to me and other players. But mostly I could only hear parts of what she was saying. It was all static sounding and broken up. Sometimes I only would see her player icon and hear nothing. By reactivating all this stuff on the task bar, will I be able to hear someone with a headset properly now?

And what about plugging in a microphone I have into my soundcard? Will that make me able to use voice chat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:09 pm 

Ive used ibm via voice its pretty good but my sound card is no good for voice input

Dark :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: