It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: First thoughts
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:50 am 
Site Admin

Oh my God.......it is huge! 5 install CD's. I set everything to the "HHHHoly Shit it it it it levels and played. I have to say that I love it. I love the intro movie too! There are already well over 2,000 UT2K4 servers on line. Onslaught alone had 1,700 when I looked. I'm so tired that I have to go to bed. My prediction is this is going to be game of the year for sure and I'm telling you now, go out and get it. This game should easily hold anyone down for over a year. I'm incredibly impressed. I want to try out the voice thing too with someone as soon as possible. Go out and get it and let me know you got it and have it installed. No, I'm not going to run a server for this and yes, I'm going to keep CG up and running as best I can. More later!!!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:02 am 

Hey!!!! yea!, this game does look tons better ! 8) . I just recieved the Demo and ran it last night and it looks like it plays and looks quite a bit different than that dang ut2k3 :twisted:... can't wait to get the full game this weekend and really give the 9800 a workout :D !!
later all ,

Iron Chef

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:20 am 

This game is a must have huge maps fun as hell. I love driving and flying the vehicles. I think I might uninstall Ut2k3 just to give me more room for future maps. It's Ut2k3 on steroids. I'm running it with only a 1gh amd too and runs pretty smooth. Overall hit I think. I agree with herm game of the year...........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:53 pm 

So far, my personal favorite game type has to be mutant. It is cool playing tag again. Give that one a try online.
Also, I am already wanting a no CD patch. It takes the maps a long time to load.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:00 pm 

I wonder if the geeks over at ID Software are burning the midnight oil to come up with a rival for UT 2004? :lol:

[Duke Nukem] "I ain't afraid of no Quake" [/Duke Nukem]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:26 pm 

Okay... Without a doubt, MUTANT RULES! 8)

Here is how the game works.

You start out the match all equal. The first to kill someone becomes the mutant. The Mutant has special abilities, like higher jumping, faster, all weapons do double damage, and is simi invisible. Now you and everyone else has to hunt the mutant. You have around 10 people after you, it is FUN. If someone kills you, then that person becomes the mutant.
You can not kill your team mates UNLESS you are the mutant, or the bottom feeder. The bottom feeder is the guy in last place. this person does not have any special abilities, but can kill and get points. When he gets enough points, he is no longer the bottom feeder.

If you have purchased the game, then try this mod. IT ROCKS! Very fast action.
:D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:08 pm 

i am go get reg Ut 2004( because I get headset that be look $26 with tax plus 22 after the rebate it finale cost like $48 ) but I wait for while to get headset. i keep try get out if i can.I do I gave the my sister son.