It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours

Post subject: The worst luck
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:55 pm 
Site Admin

My hard drive cratered............again. I don't know what it is with me and hardware these days. I came home yesterday to find my router was on fire. It's gone and I'm just glad I came home in time to catch it. Now I'm down to the wireless one and I'm watching it nervously. My mobo is fried. I have a burnt router. I lost an 80 gig hard drive for the 3rd time. The cooling fan on my Geforce 4 ti4200 is starting to make strange vibrating sounds so I can expect it to crash soon. My TV card caught on fire too. My PC won't recognize blank media anymore so I can't burn CDs all of the sudden. I burned 3 last week.

I think that covers it all. I'm having a bad week. Thank god for Ghost or I might have lost it all. I think a few of you have sent me questions that I didn't answer yet. Please resend them as I have a way to get my email but didn't see the messages thatused to be there.

Translocator only works with the Arena Match mutator. email me if you need it. Turn off any other mutators you're using I think. I've been sick for a couple of weeks now and going to work has been no fun at all. House is a mess. I'm tired. Hope ya'll are doing better than me! Later and don't forget to email me if you need something.

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:35 pm 

Man oh man u have wroste of luck.I hope it get better Herm. :doubt: :? :shock: :( :cry: :doubt: :oops: :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 11:40 pm 

I can't match your bad luck Herm. Hope some or most of that stuff is covered by a warranty?

But I do have to have a wisdom tooth pulled. I've been warned for maybe 10+ years that it would go someday, and now it has. I've been lucky it lasted this long. But now I have to shop around for someone to do it at an (almost) reasonable price. :?
My dentist doesn't pull teeth and the guy he referred me to once before charged an awful price. :doubt:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:21 am 

sorry to hear herm
hope everything gets better for you soon

hotts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:58 am 

Mmmm been having windows and ut problems here too have to reload ut everyfew weeks to keep it going think its down to windooze.
nameless cant say i ever heard of a dentist that dont pull teeth mind i heard of a few that shouldnt be allowed hope you find one soon.

to everyone getwell soon

Dark :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock: :razz: :razz: :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:30 pm 

Sounds like some of my karma has rubbed off on you, Herm. I got my server up and running, so you can forget my email....

AHEM..... I sure am glad you got that I-Mac. At least you can get online.... (that one's for you, {FAH} Max :wink: }

Nameless, Good luck finding a reasonable orthodontist. I have a pair of plyers and some Ambisol. I only charge $50 (U.S., not Canadian) Let me know :D
I had mine cut out 10 years ago. MAKE SURE the Dr. uses both novacaine and laughing gas. I felt nothing at all during the procedure except stoned off my gourd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:28 pm 

I had all four pull all one time.I only had novacaine. Only thing I can say I gald he pull last tooth last.Because He never make it pull other three IF HE DID THAT ONE FRIST.IT TAKE HIM 5 MINUTES TO PULL IT OUT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 12:17 am 

My wisdom teeth were/are fully errupted, so no cutting for me. I had the same tooth out on the other side in 1991. All he did then was push on it from the sides, and it broke up and came out.

I phoned the same dental surgeon's office, and was quoted $150 for a simple extraction. So I booked an appointment for the 23rd.
Perhaps I got charged so much last time because he did a "consultation" with me as a new patient, and also I had a full jaw xray done. That's probably where the extra bucks went.
He ain't getting away with that this time around. And he pulls it for the agreed price, or I go elsewhere. :|

Hey Herm, I sure hope your computer problems aren't like pulling teeth!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Herm

What's the status report on CG? Didn't someone send you a Mac version of UT? Try running the server of your wife's IMac, lol.

We who are about to die salute you.
Mahatma

Post subject: Right!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 7:13 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah I have a Mac. It's brand new too. Top of the line. Sweet machine totally except..........It can't properly play UT without crashing. See the MacFolks couldn't make a machine with the latest operating system on it at the time that could actually play UT1 and UT2K3. It can only play the newer version because they weren't smart enough to find a way to have backward compatability to the number one game in 1999. I would do it and want to but it's not MacPossible at this MacTime. Mac is working as feverishly today as they have been for the past 5 years to fix this issue and they expect a patch though it won't be perfect but still, a patch that could possibly make it able to actually launch UT1 without completely crashing. I'm just lucky that I have a 8 yr old Pentium Classic Compaq Deskpro 2000 with a 200mhz chip and the 9 year old version of Windows 95A so that I can play this version of UT1 that the most modern and most expensive of all Macs in the entire world can not play currently. This Compaq can not only launch it but it can be upgraded with every bonus pack and every patch ever made for the Windows version of UT1. Ahem...ahem......sorry I cou[FAH]ed. Cough........cough. There, now my throat is clear. Where was I? Oh yeah. Luckily, CG runs on an even more modern PC with a Pentium III 886mhz chip. It too can play and serve UT1 without any issues at all! Help! Help!!! I have [FAH]llen and I can't get up. On another note, Adobe released a new update to the Free Adobe Reader. It's up to version 6.something now. My wonderful Mac can run it perfectly I think but I'm a little afraid to actually try it and see. Hehehehehehe. Release the hounds with the "Almight Wrath of the [FAH] here! NOW!!! Flame on Johnny!!!!

Hermskii,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:34 pm 

well, my pc is trashed...I could explain it, but It would take an hour....lets just say both my hds are trashed and I am not sure if my memory is working right, which leads to bios and .....

That is why my server is down....been about a week or two now.

I couldn't even bring up my router....I don't know what the hell is happening, but am currently trying to backup my stuff....am going to do a wipe on all hds as soon as i am done....nearly done though. I should be able to start to reinstall by Saturday....

I think microsoft has something to do with it......

Puff, Puff, Give

Post subject: Re: Right!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:36 pm 

Hermskii wrote:
Yeah I have a Mac. It's brand new too. Top of the line. Sweet machine totally except..........It can't properly play UT without crashing. See the MacFolks couldn't make a machine with the latest operating system on it at the time that could actually play UT1 and UT2K3. It can only play the newer version because they weren't smart enough to find a way to have backward compatability to the number one game in 1999.

The fact that you still want to play a game that is 5 years old on your state of the art iMac is in and of itself befuddling. But let's get things straightened out here concerning how your mac doesn't want to play nice. I am playing UT on a G4 with the latest update to to Mac's OS and have no problems. No problems with the install and no problems with Playing. And this was even after a clean install of the OS. I can only assume that the troubles you are having are due to human error.And that is probably right on the mark concidering how often you gotta reboot, repair, & rebuild your numerous PC heaps.

Even if you did manage to get it up and running it wouldn't do you any good. The folks that ported it over to OSX didn't bother giving the Mac folks the option of setting up a server with the updated version. PC geeks must have done the porting.

Oh yeah. By the way. I was all excited about the fact that they came out with the 2k4 demo at the same time for the mac. Guess what. It doesn't work. Doesn't even launch. I smell a PC prankster. Bastards! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:44 pm 

DARKMATTER wrote:
cant say i ever heard of a dentist that dont pull teeth.

Had an experience with one like that. Went in for an extraction. The dentist referred me to an 'oral surgeon,' as he did not do anything other than the easy crap. As it turns out, the surgeon screwed up, and permanently killed most of the feeling in one side of my face. :(

Had to go in today (at a new one...the dental clinic at my hospital) for alot of stuff (wisdom tooth extraction, a root canal, and a cleaning). And this is just the tip of the iceberg! :roll:

My feelings (not FILLINGS) go out to you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:41 pm 

Mortis,I can come close I have broken 2 teeth( 1 is crown :evil: ).Dentist told me New tooth i broken Had to have Crown.I said No because I couldn't pay for it.I want it pulled.So he fix it. :D That was in Oct. But 2 month later after got my teeth clean and I was told I need other work other teeth.I thought it was so bad because it was years I had work done........................2 months later I had to break other tooth but I was crown I already done years ago and it my front tooth. :evil: So went in 3 month It going to cost me fix my teeth.SAD PART I NEED NEW BED :cry:
I see CG up but it was new ip address.Cool herm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:42 am 
Site Admin

What's the new IP?